ArmA 2 general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

UGLY58
Gaming Interests: ArmA and ArmA 2.
Editing Interests: Missions

Bronco/Mohawk - A2 Update

Post by UGLY58 » 2011-07-31 21:49:53

Snakeman,

I discovered today that the OV-10 Bronco is fully working in Arma 2. By fully working I mean flyable, weapons gear etc etc. It still has its limits in terms of damage LOD etc.

I always found that I could park them as scenery in Arma2 but could never use them. For some reason as I walked past them today I noticed that I had a pilot/gunner selection pop up. This was new to me, so I jumped in taxied away, took of and dropped weapons on manual fire, flaps check, gear check. All working beautifully in single player, yet to test multi.

So I started to whittle down what had made this work again. Turns out its CBA (Extend Event Handlers) which was a listed requirement and bizarrely InstantViewDistance (IVD). If I remove the IVD mod then its just furniture again. Very weird, any how, chuffed to bits that my beloved OV-10 is back up and running. I also tried your Mohawk and that works in the same way. They lok fantastic over Lingor and I am sure for your Vietnam mod.

I would like to work on a PMC/Adversary skin and some other load outs for these if you would like, maybe look at converting to Sqf and re-releasing. I would need your help though I am sure.

I am downloading VTE and will look for the newer MLODS.

Your suggestion of a standalone release is great. I am sure the CWR2 guys would be very interested in this and the Mohawk.

If the OV-10X becomes a reality then we could be looking at a re-surge of popularity for an aircraft that was built for exactly todays kind of wars.