VBS 2 lite download, for free

ArmA 2 general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

VBS 2 lite download, for free

Post by Snake Man » 2010-02-03 15:34:06

In BIS forums in this topic it was posted that there is VBS 2 lite download, for free and yes completely legal. Its some UK ministry of defense advertisement thingy, found in jcove-lite.co.uk (sites download requires registration). File size is 2.4gb.

This is actually quite old news, already posted in vbs2.com news letter Apr 2009.

I found the following downloads for it:

http:
fileplay.net/file/7603/vbs2-jcove-lite
filefactory.com/file/a2ggb8d/n/vbs2.part01.rar
filefactory.com/file/a2ggce2/n/vbs2.part02.rar
filefactory.com/file/a2ggc2b/n/vbs2.part03.rar
filefactory.com/file/a2ggc61/n/vbs2.part04.rar
filefactory.com/file/a2ggdd7/n/vbs2.part05.rar
filefactory.com/file/a2ggd1e/n/vbs2.part06.rar
filefactory.com/file/a2ggd65/n/vbs2.part07.rar
filefactory.com/file/a2ggebh/n/vbs2.part08.rar
armaleague.com/vbs2/jcovelite.rar
sbs-clan.co.uk/vbs2/jcovelite.rar
dl.psyphon.com/jcovelite.rar
81.19.223.207/jcovelite.rar

torrents:
thepiratebay.org/torrent/5213653/VBS2_JCOVELite
btmon.com/Other/Other/VBS2_JCOVELite.torrent.html
alivetorrents.com/torrent/7922295/vbs2-jcove-lite-by-derhorst
monova.org JCOVE.7z
torrentroom.com JCOVE.7z
btjunkie.org/torrent/VBS2-Lite/2718b3afb16fc73fc42966956f92560efb548408ce9e
psyphon.com jcovelite.rar

usenet:
nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=509756&hit=1

Discussions about it:

realitymod.com
simhq.com
armchairgeneral.com
tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-general-discussion/156077-vbs2-lite-free-dl.html
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: VBS 2 lite download, for free

Post by Snake Man » 2010-02-04 15:18:17

I downloaded the incredibly brilliantly named "VBS2.rar" torrent and tested it out.

Well first impression is that its Armed Assault engine (I'm not saying its good or bad), there are many things that are low quality (again, not saying its a bad thing) which might put off many regular combat photography topic whores.

Al samawah is nice terrain which I wanted to test out long time now, its more low detail than I expected (again not a bad thing) which was little bit surprising. Also funny is that the satellite texture is quite misaligned compared to the object placement at least on the NW corner of the map, that to me is very surprising :)

The parts of the Al samawah city which has the palm trees causes quite dramatic FPS drop, its interesting to see as I get that same thing now on VTE jungles.

I'm no fan of BRITISH addons, especially the weapon sights for the basic rifle featured on the demo missions soldier is just so annoying... but I can imagine making few missions on Al samawah terrain, its so cool city to fight in. Its awesome to have real large city, you can forget all sakakah/avgani/rest piece of shit 0.5km x 0.5km sandbox terrains, they are nothing compared to Al samawah.

I believe some of the features are disabled or just commented out, my last nights first gaming session came to a CTD when I tried to drag a body...

Couple of the missions have bit unfinished briefings (missing link, wrong text), but the basic missions are OK.

I didn't get to see the much hyped FLIR on the Apache, I changed weapons and stuff but there was no FLIR to be seen, wonder how to activate it. Controls setup didn't include any special weapon things for vehicles, so dunno. Also could not get the hellfires to lock into the laser, I think I had RMB/tab configured correctly but no lock, need more investigating.

Summary is that boy if I'd paid $1500 for this... I would be really really disappointed, I mean sure I understand that this is lite and all, but I have been right all along, vbs is not worth the insane money. I'm not saying vbs ain't good, all I'm saying is I can find lot of other things to do with fifteen hundred dollars.

As a "personal summary", I'm complely relief mood now that I finally got to test VBS2, even though its lite and I have not seen many/any(?) of the "VBS features" like after action review and real time editor etc... its still nice to finally get the comfort of peace of mind that its nothing special. Who would know that when you finally got VBS2 into your computer, you're bored after couple of hours like "big deal, yawn..." heh.

I recommend everyone to download it and test it (hey its free!) to finally get rid of all the myth of all mighty VBS.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."