Suma said about Anti Aliasing

ArmA 2 general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Suma said about Anti Aliasing

Post by Snake Man » 2009-05-28 11:09:29

Just when the German release was about to his the shops officially (it was available already on selected stores), Suma said about Anti Aliasing:
We will try to enable MS AA in some patch. It should be possible, if you will tolerate some minor artifacts on some shadowed edges (I have seen the same artifact in many games with AA enabled, therefore I think it is not that bad).

Meanwhile, you can improve image quality by using Fillrate over 100, however this is more demanding on GPU. What it does is real high quality super sampling, therefore setting to 200 % should result in a better image quality than MSAA 4x can do, and 150 % should be somewhat better than 2x MSAA.
Source BIS forum topic.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

KKB
Gaming Interests: Armed Assault (ArmA)
Editing Interests: Modeling + Texturing

Re: Suma said about Anti Aliasing

Post by KKB » 2009-05-28 15:59:27

Just installed the Game, and the fillrate option is interesting, it doesn't affect overall density of objects, it's more... hard to explain, it looks like it reduces the resolution, not physical, it stays at 1280x1024 or whatever, it's like it calculates at a lower resolution and then extrapolates to the physocal resolution, Setting below 100% appear somehow blurry. Anyway, I need a new machine :lol: