Artillery

ArmA 2 general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Artillery

Post by Snake Man » 2009-03-29 21:03:34

BIS has updated ArmA2.com web site weaponry page.
Artillery
Howitzers and mortars provide decisive long-range support to advancing troops. Many artillery pieces are capable of firing special ammunition, such as flares or laser-guided rounds, or even to lay down a smokescreen.

Podnos 2B14

The Podnos (in English: Tray) 2C14 is a Russian 82 mm mortar. It was designed as a supporting weapon for motorized rifle companies and its goal is to destroy and suppress enemy infantry. The weight of the M252 is 31 kg and it can be used over ranges from 80 up to 4000 m, firing up to 20 rounds per minute.

M252 Mortar

The M252 81mm Mortar is a medium-weight smooth-bore high-angle-firing weapon. It is usually operated by a 4-man crew and can be fired at ranges from 80 to 5500 m. The weight of the M252 is 41,3 kg and usually it is used for long-range indirect supporting fire.

D-30 howitzer

The D-30 122mm howitzer, also known as the 2A18M Lyagushka, has a revolving mount that permits 360 degree rotation and is designed for both high and low angles of fire making it fully suitable for fire support and anti-tank defense.

M119-A1 howitzer

The M119A1 is a lightweight air-mobile artillery piece used to provide direct and indirect fire support to infantry units. The howitzer can be quickly moved and deployed to provide maximum fire power in a short period of time.
Source Artillery.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Vigilante
Recruit
Gaming Interests: Armed Assault (ArmA)

Re: Artillery

Post by Vigilante » 2009-03-30 09:41:35

AWESOME, finally ... and pretty models again! Now if the scripting is up-to-par with the modelling ... we will be happy campers ... well maybe not if its raining steel ... ;)
a.k.a. PhilippRauch
Check out my Addons Wiki @ http://vigilante-systems.webs.com (WIP but already contains lots of infos)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2009-03-30 10:04:52

This is my personal view completely lacking any sort of truth or facts... but to me it seems really strange that BIS models and features so many artillery pieces in ArmA 2 ... IF those pieces are not functioning. I mean come on, why do you make mortar tubes and several artillery guns if they are nothing but just eye candy?

I really hope that they have now implemented some sort of indirect fire features into the ArmA 2 engine so that we can use some sort of map click call for artillery.

CoC is dead even for ArmA (1), there is no chance of getting Unified Artillery type for it or ArmA 2 so we are left helplessly trying to find anyone who can create working artillery, lets hope its BIS :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Vigilante
Recruit
Gaming Interests: Armed Assault (ArmA)

Post by Vigilante » 2009-03-30 15:12:02

well, my guess is they are like the tubes we got with ArmA 1 ...

I hope i can require some guys doing a new or reworked CoC UA ... itz my favourite... i used it heavily with SebNAM2 ...
Although i dont think a rework is too feasible, i checked the stuff even reworked some myself and got it ingame (without visible models since i had to odol them) but they use a quite advanced coding style and i dont have the time right now to read myself into it... its already mostly sqf but some syntaxes have to be reworked ...
The important part is that they have released their networkservice for arma as well, which is/was part of UA core...
If the arty models are working, its just a time question of rewriting the stuff and doing nice GUI (GUI i can do very well)...
I mean the ideas and logic behind the coding is the SAME you would use for arma, just how its coded needs a rework... basically ;)
a.k.a. PhilippRauch
Check out my Addons Wiki @ http://vigilante-systems.webs.com (WIP but already contains lots of infos)