PMC First Fight - ArmA campaign!

ArmA campaigns and missions

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

PMC First Fight - ArmA campaign!

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-11-25 11:14:32

PMC First Fight

This is no addons required (no queens gambit required) user made campaign for ArmA. You take part in pure infantry combat in army squad leader, special forces squad leader and sniper roles.

v0.7 Sep 17th, 2009.

Please read the online manual at PMC addons/mods manuals: PMC First Fight.

Changelog

Code: Select all

--- fixes v0.7
- added new final mission.
- tweaked final cutscene.
- swift sweep won't end, fixed.
- forward ending triggers wont activate (units building rooftops?), added briefing note.
- estrellas takes long time to finish after enemies are all dead, fixed.
- champagne does not end even all enemies dead, timeout 20min added to briefing, ie; fixed.
- night shift -> init_weaponpool.sqs not found error, fixed.
- airwave -> init_weaponpool.sqs not found error, fixed.
- saveStatus is for "PMC_army?" but unitnames are "PMC_a?" sigh. fixed.
- small trigger tweaks to champagne.
Note that unless critical bugs are reported, this will be the final release.

Download PMC_First_Fight_v0.7.rar - 150kb.
Mirror 1: Armaholic.com.
Thanks for all the mirrors, much appreciated.

Snake_Man

Re: PMC First Fight - ArmA campaign!

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-12-03 12:48:22

v0.2 Dec 3rd, 2006.

Install

This campaign uses saveStatus and weaponPool, so you must delete the old savegames found on your "ArmA Other Profiles/" directory or the saves and weapons get lost/corrupted. Simply delete Saved/ dir completely, if you have other campaigns going (there is no others MUHAHA), then you should specificly only delete the PMC campaign stuff, but how to do that... you'll need to figure out by your own (I dont know, yet).

Place PMC_First_Fight.pbo into the mod dir of your choice under "campaigns/" directory. In my ArmA its d:ArmAx_pmccampaigns directory which I launch with -mod=x_pmc parameter.

Changelog

--- fixes v0.2
- added mission-intro cutscenes for all early missions.
- added identitys for soldiers so far in campaign; SF and regular.
- added cutscene 1 (us forces arrive).
- added weaponpool with all BIS (is there any other, DOH!) magazines, weapons & gear.
(also added many missions and small tweaks, but not listed here for storyline purposes).

This campaign is under development, check out regularly at our forum if there is newer version out, you can read the version from this readme (doh!) and ingame from the campaign menu. Hope you enjoy this PMC campaign for Armed Assault!

Latest version for this campaign from our forums at PMC Tactical

Download v0.2 - 41kb.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-09 16:05:40

The developing continues, today I fixed the first mission which had some AI boat difficulties, now you're manning the boat by yourself. The first recon mission has similar setup, empty boat waiting for you in the shore which you drive to the target area by yourself. The first mission also should have working weaponpool already. Works ok in my tests.

The difficult Swift Sweep mission has been tweaked & tested, its all good now :)

I want to add more content to the upcoming v0.3 before releasing it, so I dont know how many day before its ready.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-10 15:23:09

PMC First Fight

v0.3 Dec 10th, 2006.

Install

This campaign uses saveStatus and weaponPool, so you must delete the old savegames found on your "ArmA Other Profiles/" directory or the saves and weapons get lost/corrupted. Simply delete Saved/ dir completely, if you have other campaigns going (there is no others MUHAHA), then you should specificly only delete the PMC campaign stuff, but how to do that... you'll need to figure out by your own (I dont know, yet).

Place PMC_First_Fight.pbo into the mod dir of your choice under "campaigns/" directory. In my ArmA its d:\ArmA\x_pmc\campaigns\ directory which I launch with -mod=x_pmc parameter.

Changelog

--- fixes v0.3
- cleared weaponpool on strip recon (no rearming on field).
- added gps on the recon missions.
- get rid of the AI boats on two missions.
- swift sweep too difficult, did some tweaking.

--- fixes v0.2
- added mission-intro cutscenes for all early missions.
- added identitys for soldiers so far in campaign; SF and regular.
- added cutscene 1 (us forces arrive).
- added weaponpool with all BIS (is there any other, DOH!) magazines, weapons & gear.
(also added many missions and small tweaks, but not listed here for storyline purposes).
This campaign is under development, check out regularly at our forum if there is newer version out, you can read the version from this readme (doh!) and ingame from the campaign menu. Hope you enjoy this PMC campaign for Armed Assault!

Latest version for this campaign from right here

Download v0.3 - 45kb.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

PeterHill

Trouble with weapons

Post by PeterHill » 2006-12-11 17:35:49

Hi,
On the first mission, which works much better with the boat, I get a full choice of BIS weapons, which is great as I don't like the Aimpoint.

2nd mission, I only have the weapons & ammo left over from the first mission, I've nothing much left when I come to the third mission.

I guess I've done something wrong with regard to the weaponpool?

I've installed the Campaign in: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\Campaigns (Along with the partially completed BIS campaign)

My Saved Files are in: My Documents\ArmA\Saved\Campaigns\pmc_first-fight (the default campaign folder "ca" is also there)

When changing from version 0.1 to 0.3, I deleted the pmc folder & its 3 files - campaign.sqc objects.sav weapons.cfg

Am I missing something? (I'm using the German version patched to 1.01 with the 0.6 language patch)

Cheers

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Re: Trouble with weapons

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-12 14:38:16

PeterHill wrote:2nd mission, I only have the weapons & ammo left over from the first mission, I've nothing much left when I come to the third mission. I guess I've done something wrong with regard to the weaponpool?
No thats the way it should work. You choose the weapons in the first mission when you leave from HQ/base, then you carry what you have to 2nd and 3rd missions. But yeah you make good point, I need to write that to the briefing so users understand.

Hmm strange that you dont have anything left in 3rd, the status should be covert... who did you shoot? :)

PMC since 1984

PeterHill

Post by PeterHill » 2006-12-12 17:14:43

Excellent, I'll have to be more economical.

I equiped all with the same loadout: G36, AT4 with 2xM136

Mission 1: The 2 guards on the 2nd island.
Mission 2: 2 Guards on the peninsula then, getting nearer the base, some more guards. Initially I had my colleagues on "hold fire". On changing that when spotted, they went mad, even getting the Shilka (which repaired itself for mission 3).

I'll try and be more sparing now, and hopefully complete missions 1 & 2 without firing a shot :-)

Any thoughts of converting the OFP PMC Fury & Ranger Path campaigns, when BIS complete the "Cold War Rearmed" maps? They were great. (Weapons choice would have been nice in PMC Fury though).

Cheers

PeterHill

Post by PeterHill » 2006-12-13 01:14:21

Next attempt much better & more restrained.
Mission 1: 2 Guards (couldn't resist it) used 9 G36 rounds
Mission 2: No shooting

All had full loadout for misson 3.

I can start Mission 4 (Clear Rug) but the programme crashes every time as I save game. I'll try & get through the mission without saving and see what happens

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-13 10:08:27

PeterHill wrote:Mission 1: The 2 guards on the 2nd island.
Mission 2: 2 Guards on the peninsula then, getting nearer the base, some more guards. Initially I had my colleagues on "hold fire". On changing that when spotted, they went mad, even getting the Shilka (which repaired itself for mission 3).
Ah my bad, I meant that the 2nd mission is the covert one, the first one is basically to clear the islands, you "bump" into the two guards so you have to take them out, there is no room to leave them hanging around. Again, thanks for posting this so now I'll update the briefings orders to give better understanding to the player.
Any thoughts of converting the OFP PMC Fury & Ranger Path campaigns, when BIS complete the "Cold War Rearmed" maps?
That is so far out that its rather pointless to speculate. But you problably have seen PMC's dedication to OFP/ArmA stuff, so ... :D
They were great. (Weapons choice would have been nice in PMC Fury though).
This goes really offtopic, but if you can dig up some old PMC Fury topics from the correct area (use search feature, it works now in the new forum config) and post your request/idea/buglist to there. I'm thinking of making another version of PMC Fury sometime in the future, kind of like finally-finalize it for OFP.
I can start Mission 4 (Clear Rug) but the programme crashes every time as I save game.
This mission is very very tiny without ANY kind of fancy stuff. There is absolutely no reason why it would crash ArmA. It must be just some bad luck with buggy ArmA.

I mean I dont want to defend my mission endlessly but seriously I cannot think of any more simpler mission than this one. There is no scripts running or anything fancy that might cause a crash.

PMC since 1984

PeterHill

Post by PeterHill » 2006-12-13 11:33:57

I think it may be the same "savegame" bug as in OFP as I finished that mission without saving (a feat in itself :D ). Loaded the next, changed my Weapons then saved. It immediately crashed again.

PeterHill

Post by PeterHill » 2006-12-13 18:56:52

I might have got to the bottom of the "crashing" problem.

When I first completed mission 3, I lost one man "8". On starting Mission 4, I was allowed to access all weapons on startup. Every time I saved after that, the programme crashed.

I next reverted mission 3 to the start and completed it without loss (saving wasn't a problem). On starting mission 4, I still had lost "8" and was allowed a full weapon list.

Habving the day off today, I decided to delete the PMC saved game folder and start again. I got through mission 3 without loss. Starting mission 4, I have no weapons to choose from, but saving was ok and I had plenty left from mission 3. In mission 5 There were no weapons available on startup, but the crates are nearby. I trust this is as intended.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Peter

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-01-09 10:26:42

PMC First Fight v0.4 has been released.

Same install instructions as before, remember to delete the saved/ dir so the weaponPool and saveStatus work ok. Here is the changelog

--- fixes v0.4
- recon missions start, briefing updated for weapons carry guideline.
- 1st mission briefing updated for three mission weapons carry guideline.
- 2nd mission briefing updated for NO SHOOTING orders.
- 1st mission briefing updated that player is allowed to shoot.
- night shift mission wont end. tweaked it a bit, perhaps it helps.
Notice that I did not list the new missions added as I don't want to "spoil" anything, its part of the fun to discover whats been added.

Download v0.4 here - 61kb.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-03-17 11:32:14

I have now fixed the Gulan Heights ending trigger problem and I believe one other mission had the same fix as well. I dont want to put out v0.5 with such small fix list so I'll try to gather some more content to it before release.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-11-25 09:16:39

PMC First Fight

v0.5 Nov 25th, 2007.

Changelog

--- fixes v0.5
- long day, undisclosed location, added few idling soldiers and uaz.
- gulan heights briefing typo "suprise", fixed.
- gulan heights added briefing support part.
- gulan heights added troops to some mission related towns.
- gulan heights added SU34 air patrol.
- gulan heights added tent + ammobox / camp stuff to the objectives.
- gulan heights bmp patrol near objectives were not good, tweaked.
- gulan heights objective triggers tweaked to more practical setup.
- gulan heights changed the hind to MG equipped version.
- gulan heights changed another hind to KA-50.
- gulan heights aa 2, adjusted targets position.
- gulan heights added car patrols, as roads felt so empty.
- gulan heights added soldiers to gulan.
- long day added defenses to gulan, fd65 farmhouse and hotel type valley.
- long day, added car patrols.
- long day, added airbase defences.
- long day, added vehicles to airbase.
- disabled team switch.
- seek friends ending cutscene fired while radiocomms was playing, fixed.
- silent watch, red dusk bugged team loadstatus, fixed.
- silent watch, added patrols and defenses. propably more interesting now.
- silent watch too early, BIS changed engine, added half an hour.
- missions 7, 8, 12-14 had no radio replys, fixed.
- all briefings got minor adjustments.
- added bn880's random weather.
- swift sweep, one radio comms missing, fixed.
- estrellas and forward cutscene units start on top of buildings, fixed.
- first fight outro, added "(cutscene)" to mission name.
- forward briefing typos, fixed.
- foothold, activated weaponpool again first army mission.
- red dusk briefing typos, fixed.
- gulan heights briefing typos, fixed.
- silent watch briefing typos, fixed.
- silent watch intro, stupib job to get job done titletext, changed.
- us forces arrive cutscene, any guys dead, will lay on the ground, fixed.
- cmp overview.html, added linefeed after the description.
- added 5 new missions.
- added all 1.07 (1.04 really?) included weapons & equipment.
- gulan heights ending triggers faulty, fixed.

Download v0.5 - 94kb.

PMC since 1984

Taconic
Recruit

Post by Taconic » 2008-05-04 02:30:07

Hi, snakeman. I've just recently started playing Arma (it constantly crashed on my old system) and just started the First Fight campaign. I figure I'd offer you a few suggestions in case you're planning to update it. Bear in mind that I haven't actually dePBOed the campaign and looked at the mission/scripts, so my feedback is coming just from a gameplay perspective.

#1: Some of the missions require the player to clear an area of enemies in order to proceed. Sometimes this works well. Other times it doesn't. On swift sweep, I had to use the endmission cheat because I was unable to track down the last one or two soldiers.

My suggestion would be to retool those missions a bit.
One way would be to use countSide to check whether or not the enemy count has dropped below a certain level. If it has, you could then have the remaining enemies withdraw to a waypoint outside of the target area.

The mission could be ended by checking to see if there are any enemy units in the target area. If there aren't, the mission is complete.

I think this would improve things because it's a little more realistic (if 90% of a force is wiped out, the last two guys probably aren't going to lay around and wait to be killed :P) and less frustrating for the player because they won't have to hunt down every last enemy.

#2: The recon missions should be moved to night time. That gives the player the advantage since the SLA is supposed to be poorly equipped. It's also a bit more realistic since there's no real benefit to a spec op squad exposing itself during the day when they have access to modern NVGs.

#3: I think that you should alter the goals of the recon missions. The way that they played out (specifically in silent watch and long day--I haven't gotten much further yet) made me think that the objectives were location based (I.E., the player had to get to a certain location in order to complete the objective.)

I would suggest changing that. I haven't done much more than experiment with the knowsAbout command, but if I were going to create a mission to, say, recon an airbase, I would probably employ knowsAbout to determine what the player's seen (ex: if there are 4 aircraft at the airbase, the objective is complete when the player knows about all 4. If the player has seen all of the aircraft from 1km away, there's no real reason to get closer.) This could be applied to tanks or fixed emplacements in other missions. Most recon is done at a distance in the real world, so this would feel more natural to me.

#4: Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to rearm the Javelin. I gave one of the spec ops a Javelin in the first mission. When I regained control of them a few missions later, there were no Javelins in the ammo pool and none available in any of the ammo crates at the airbase.

I'd either add the Javelin to the ammo pool/crates or just remove it from the campaign entirely.

#5: I have no idea if this is plausible or not because I've never employed the weapon pool function, but I think that it should be removed from the regular infantry missions. I would have liked to be able to get some additional grenades for swift sweep or NVGs for the night mission. In reality, US infantry is not going to be out of supply unless something goes really wrong, so the player should have some leeway when arming his squad.

However, I think it is a good idea for the spec op missions. If you have three spec op missions in a row set behind enemy lines, it makes sense that they would be out of supply and would not have the option to rearm/change equipment except when at base.

Like I said, though, I've never used the weapon pool function, so I don't know if you can turn it on and off like that.

#6: You mentioned needing to do aircraft/armor missions for the campaign to me.

I'd suggest not doing them for First Fight. I think that's trying to cram too much into one campaign. A seperate air/armor campaign would be better IMO.

One vehicle campaign that I've always wanted to see is a good IFV one. I don't think anybody did it for OFP and nobody has done it for Arma. I started one in OFP, but never finished it. Since Arma lacks an M2, the best option would be to use the SLA BMP-2 in a case like that.

I think that'd make a really cool campaign. The IFV needs the infantry to protect it from enemy AT and the infantry needs the BMP for transportation and fire support.

Anyway, that's about all that I have right now. I'm not very deep into the campaign, but I've been enjoying it so far. Those are just my suggestions on how to improve it a little.

PMC Fury had a few of my all time favorite OFP missions, so I'm hoping First Fight winds up being the same for Arma.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2008-05-04 04:05:16

Kurayami wrote:Hi, snakeman. I've just recently started playing Arma (it constantly crashed on my old system)
Congratulations. As much as we all love(d) OFP, shes now old and ArmA is the present day. I still have OFP with its addon dir power installed here, but I havent fired it up besides once test VTE v0.4. I'm currently starting to emotionally prepare myself to finally Uninstall it :)
On swift sweep, I had to use the endmission cheat because I was unable to track down the last one or two soldiers.
Ah the neverending balance between ending too early and searching for last hiding soldier trigger issue, been there done that way too many times :D
One way would be to use countSide to check whether or not the enemy count has dropped below a certain level.
Another great new feature is the SEIZED BY trigger, it basically means that who is the strongest in the trigger area wins. It is more than "I have 100 men and you 50, I WIN!" but its very nice I think. It is still not perfect, but very nice... maybe I'll experiment with that.

btw I'm using only seized by trigger's in the Realwar campaign.
it's a little more realistic (if 90% of a force is wiped out, the last two guys probably aren't going to lay around and wait to be killed
Excellent point, I'll keep that in mind when planning on trigger updates.

Anyways, I believe the mission you speak of is the one thats whole idea is to search a large area, I use the same trigger technology to all of the other missions, but the trigger size is miniscule compared to this mentioned mission. Its much easier to hunt down the last remaining soldier in 50m radius than 1000m one (not saying mentioned mission had thousand meters but).
#2: The recon missions should be moved to night time. That gives the player the advantage since the SLA is supposed to be poorly equipped. It's also a bit more realistic since there's no real benefit to a spec op squad exposing itself during the day when they have access to modern NVGs.
I agree... however I hate night missions. Whats the point of playing when you cant see anything? Well ok sometimes I want to play night missions just to give some balance that you really then appreciate daytime beautiful conditions missions.

But you're right about what you said. Hmm, would you have any more detailed suggestions about the time of day, right now I believe they are in time that you can see (at least in my ArmA gamma/brightness and monitor settings) okay.

Also what about the weather, do you like the random weather or should a campaign like this have all missions with pre-determined weather?

My point about weather is that lets say you play a mission the first time; conditions are beautiful and you really enjoy the mission mood lets say sniping or something like that... then later you want to play that mission again, you start it and uh oh... its thunderstorm, raining like hell and there is even 50% fog in place, no way to snipe except 100m with luck maybe? :)
#3: I think that you should alter the goals of the recon missions.
if I were going to create a mission to, say, recon an airbase, I would probably employ knowsAbout to determine what the player's seen (ex: if there are 4 aircraft at the airbase, the objective is complete when the player knows about all 4. If the player has seen all of the aircraft from 1km away, there's no real reason to get closer.)
Very good point again. If I recall correctly, the mentioned airbase mission ends just when you get close enough which is indeed really lame, call me lazy to edit the mission hehe :o

I'll keep that in mind and try to setup a knowsAbout trigger so its up to the players viewdistance, weather and position how quickly he can accomplish the objective.
there were no Javelins in the ammo pool and none available in any of the ammo crates at the airbase.
There is javelins in the weapon pool:
addMagazinePool ["JAVELIN",50];
addWeaponPool ["JAVELIN",12];

Unless that script aint working of course...
I'd either add the Javelin to the ammo pool/crates or just remove it from the campaign entirely.
I'll look into why it wont show up in gear.
weapon pool function, but I think that it should be removed from the regular infantry missions. In reality, US infantry is not going to be out of supply unless something goes really wrong, so the player should have some leeway when arming his squad.
So pre set "alot of guns!" gear on all basic infantry missions so player has alot to choose from? Hmm yeah ok sounds reasonable, I'll add good amount of guns for the grunts.
If you have three spec op missions in a row set behind enemy lines, it makes sense that they would be out of supply and would not have the option to rearm/change equipment except when at base.
Yeah absolutely, thats what I love about the recon/specop missions, it REALLY makes feel like a campaign when you have you guns/ammo and health status from previous mission, it makes you watch your every step and conserve ammo etc.
#6: You mentioned needing to do aircraft/armor missions for the campaign to me.
I'd suggest not doing them for First Fight. I think that's trying to cram too much into one campaign. A seperate air/armor campaign would be better IMO.
But then I would be lying piece of shit as I publicly announced it on my enthusiasm long time ago that PMC First Fight will include (insert list here) role missions.

I'd hate to be big mouth alot of promising lamer who chickens out... :(
One vehicle campaign that I've always wanted to see is a good IFV one. I don't think anybody did it for OFP
Well not really a dedicated IFV campaign, but PMC Hero's Path had many mech infantry missions with bradleys.
I started one in OFP, but never finished it. Since Arma lacks an M2
Perhaps you can send the "manuscript" to me if you're never going to finish it, or we could work on it together. Also Vilas addons have Bradley, it would be quite easy to use it and even configure to suit the campaign better, dunno if he had other than woodland camo (the old OFP bradley).
Those are just my suggestions on how to improve it a little.
I thank you for the feedback, its always excellent what I hear from you as its always aimed to improve my missions. So thank you and hope I can implement some of your suggestions and fix those bugs.
PMC Fury had a few of my all time favorite OFP missions
Which ones? Perhaps I can port them to ArmA as we now have Everon (Sgt.Ace) and Malden (CWR) and the rest coming from ACE mod.

Its been suggested that I'd port PMC Fury for CWR when they release the other islands, still thinking about it...

PMC since 1984

Taconic
Recruit

Post by Taconic » 2008-05-04 23:06:27

Snake Man wrote:But you're right about what you said. Hmm, would you have any more detailed suggestions about the time of day, right now I believe they are in time that you can see (at least in my ArmA gamma/brightness and monitor settings) okay.
They could be switched to dawn or dusk, I guess. There's a band of time where it's dark enough to use NVGs, but still light enough to choose not to. It seems to last about 30-40 minutes.
Also what about the weather, do you like the random weather or should a campaign like this have all missions with pre-determined weather?
I like the random weather.
My point about weather is that lets say you play a mission the first time; conditions are beautiful and you really enjoy the mission mood lets say sniping or something like that... then later you want to play that mission again, you start it and uh oh... its thunderstorm, raining like hell and there is even 50% fog in place, no way to snipe except 100m with luck maybe? :)
That's a good point.
In missions where long visibility is needed (like sniping,) I guess you could have a script that runs after the main random weather script that will reset the weather to be within a certain range (like if the random weather script determined that it was going to be rainy and foggy with a 100m visibility, this script could kick in, check that, and set it to be rainy and foggy with a random visibility between 3-400m.)

Or you could just not bother running the script at all in those missions.

Or you could just leave it as is. It is random weather, so if there's zero visibility and the player gets killed, they can just restart it. :P
Very good point again. If I recall correctly, the mentioned airbase mission ends just when you get close enough which is indeed really lame, call me lazy to edit the mission hehe :o
That one actually worked pretty well. The town recon ones were more like what I was talking about. In those I had to go into a town and get to a certain area. In each case I never saw anything important in the town, but the objective was completed. It just makes more sense to me if the objectives are object based rather than location based.
I'll keep that in mind and try to setup a knowsAbout trigger so its up to the players viewdistance, weather and position how quickly he can accomplish the objective.
That's a good idea. That actually goes further than I was thinking of, but it makes a lot of sense.
So pre set "alot of guns!" gear on all basic infantry missions so player has alot to choose from? Hmm yeah ok sounds reasonable, I'll add good amount of guns for the grunts.
Well, I mean within reason. :P
A regular US Army unit isn't going to have the option to arm itself with G36s or MP5s.
But for a particular mission, it might make sense to have another machinegunner, carry more grenades, or have weapons with ACOGs.

With the spec op missions, pretty much anything should go. Those guys should have access to whatever they want.
Yeah absolutely, thats what I love about the recon/specop missions, it REALLY makes feel like a campaign when you have you guns/ammo and health status from previous mission, it makes you watch your every step and conserve ammo etc.
Agreed. It does make you think.

But then I would be lying piece of shit as I publicly announced it on my enthusiasm long time ago that PMC First Fight will include (insert list here) role missions.

I'd hate to be big mouth alot of promising lamer who chickens out... :(
You could always make it a sister campaign with missions that parallel the ones you've already done. :P

Then you'd be true to your word and wouldn't have to worry about how to work them into what you've already done.

Well not really a dedicated IFV campaign, but PMC Hero's Path had many mech infantry missions with bradleys.
That's actually one that I never got around to playing. I was so busy with EECP and testing for CAVS/JAM stuff that I didn't get much chance to actually play OFP in the last couple years that I was involved with it.

I did play Ranger Path, though. That was another good one.
Perhaps you can send the "manuscript" to me if you're never going to finish it, or we could work on it together. Also Vilas addons have Bradley, it would be quite easy to use it and even configure to suit the campaign better, dunno if he had other than woodland camo (the old OFP bradley).
I might give it a shot for Arma. I don't have any of the old missions/scripts anymore and I'd have to rework a lot of it conceptually to work on Sahrani instead of Nogova, but we'll see.

If I do any real work on it and decide I'm not going to finish it, I'd have no problem passing it along to you and letting you do whatever you'd like with it.
Which ones? Perhaps I can port them to ArmA as we now have Everon (Sgt.Ace) and Malden (CWR) and the rest coming from ACE mod.
It's been so long that I can't remember names, but I'll try to remember a few...

I know there was one on Everon that had a nightime helo insertion for an attack on a town. I did like that one.

I also liked another one a lot. "Thirsty tanks," maybe? If it wasn't that, it was the next mission. It was the mission where you started with your squad and waited in a forest before joining in on a mass attack on a town at sunset. It was a really simple mission, but it worked very well and I remember replaying it a bunch of times.

I vaguely remember attacking some sort of roadblock on a forest road in another mission. Pretty sure it was on Everon. I enjoyed that.

There was another where the goal was to attack a few towns in the late afternoon. I remember that there were paratroopers involved, but I don't remember if they were US or Soviet. I do remember that it was a fun mission because of its location.

There were a few more, but it has probably been 5 years or so since I played through Fury.
Its been suggested that I'd port PMC Fury for CWR when they release the other islands, still thinking about it...
Wouldn't be a bad idea. I'd definitely play it.

Another one you could consider porting was your big standalone CE mission on Everon. I enjoyed that one quite a bit. The CE was never used as much as it should have been. I think that you made the only actual CE campaign in OFP.

I had been planning to do one myself, but again, EECP totally axed that idea because it was so time consuming. And the worst part was that I never got the final release out. I'd spent a year on it, too. I just ran out of time.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2008-06-03 14:44:20

Snake_Man wrote:We are planning to add many more missions with various stock default ArmA goodies to experiment with like team switching, all unit types possible (SF, Sniper, Helo pilot, Tank commander etc).
Well TeamSwitching was tested and proved to be bit difficult to use so now its disabled.

As for the all unit types possible, SF, sniper, helopilot and tank commander... we already have the SF missions but the others are still missing. It was suggested that we stick to infantry only in this campaign and rather do completely new campaigns for these helo/tank types.

I think if PMC First Fight would include sniper missions and then I would create helicopter and tank campaign, nobody could blame me to be no good liar, heh. In fact it would make sense to stick with infantry only, as in traditional PMC Fury back in the days.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2008-11-29 20:20:04

For PMC First Fight as usual I have the campaign manuscript with all mission numbers, names, times, dates and descriptions. This manuscript was not complete, it was written up to mission number 37. It was closing to the end of "Phase One" which you could call a chapter in the campaign. Phase two and three are just basically skeletons, without mission numbers, times or dates, just a name and vague description, a mission idea really.

As of today, I have created the missions up to 32. I have one more mission to edit (33) and then we are in the situation where we need to do some changes as the 34 and 35 missions are the first planned helo missions.

I have now decided that PMC First Fight will not include helo pilot and tank commander missions.

I don't want to be liar lamer, so now I have to create new campaign for vehicles (but that's for another topic), please refer to Ideas and story lines for Helicopter / Tank campaign topic for details.

So now I will rewrite the end of Phase One campaign manuscript to include only infantry missions, then phase two and three will be written in the future without any vehicle missions. Damn time is running out, ArmA 2 is on the horizon and the way I see it PMC First Fight isn't even 50% complete yet hehe.

What I'm trying to say is, that work continues now on this campaign and mission designs are created into the manuscript, it remains to be seen how long time it will take for me to create the missions in ArmA.

Next release is near also, I have now added few more missions and there is enough content/fixes for new release, maybe I'll try to get the end of phase one sorted out and few more missions done before next release.

Anyways, just an update :)

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2009-05-24 16:43:38

PMC First Fight

v0.6 May 24th, 2009.

Changelog

--- fixes v0.6
- cleaned up some scripts, formatting really.
- tweaked silent watch knowsAbout values, changed from 0 to 0.25 value.
- added four brand new missions.
- resorts obj1 completed without entering obj area, fixed.
- opening player squad start location, no 8 stuck in tree/building, fixed.
- opening briefing typo "wit", fixed.
- enchant briefing typos, fixed.
- strokes briefing says start at base, but its really a cedras, fixed.
- changed from sqs to sqf script format
Latest version for this campaign from our forums at this topic.

Download v0.6 - 143kb.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2009-09-17 16:01:28

PMC First Fight

This is no addons required (no queens gambit required) user made campaign for ArmA. You take part in pure infantry combat in army squad leader, special forces squad leader and sniper roles.

v0.7 Sep 17th, 2009.

Changelog

--- fixes v0.7
- added new final mission.
- tweaked final cutscene.
- swift sweep won't end, fixed.
- forward ending triggers wont activate (units building rooftops?), added briefing note.
- estrellas takes long time to finish after enemies are all dead, fixed.
- champagne does not end even all enemies dead, timeout 20min added to briefing, ie; fixed.
- night shift -> init_weaponpool.sqs not found error, fixed.
- airwave -> init_weaponpool.sqs not found error, fixed.
- saveStatus is for "PMC_army?" but unitnames are "PMC_a?" sigh. fixed.
- small trigger tweaks to champagne.
Official topic in our forums at this topic.

Note that unless critical bugs are reported, this will be the final release.

Download PMC_First_Fight_v0.7.rar - 150kb.

PMC since 1984