Cutbacks in mission editing community

ArmA campaigns and missions

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Cutbacks in mission editing community

Post by Snake Man » 2007-11-25 09:08:47

Cutbacks in mission editing community!

Yeah guys its true... as you can see in our forum, there is practically no posts in this campaign area so we had to cut back and change the area to be generic for ALL of our campaigns (which there might be none in the future as the success rate is this).

Right now the "PMC First Fight" campaign forum area has been renamed to "PMC Campaigns".

As some old timer OFP guys remember, PMC started with mission making on the PMC Fury campaign, this was back in the OFP v1.20 days can you imagine it. Its difficult to track down the oldest post, but its somewhere in January 2002. In that time, our campaign was very succesfull as the community was quite new and few people around, we got "tons" of topics and posts here when the development of the missions continued. Also it was just not our forum but everywhere PMC Fury received warm welcome.

But now, 2007... noway man. I had to cutback the OFP campaign forum areas from PMC Dynamic CE, PMC Joint Justice and PMC Hero's Path to just one area as their individual areas were dead. As I said earlier:
Its apparent to me that unless you do COLT M4 addons with Aeotech RedDot Rifle Scuba Scopes, you're not getting any feedback.
It still holds true, even more so now than before. Hey what can I say... I guess everyone is just a fetish addon maker or people who download addon, play with it in mission editor for 5mins and then run off to compat photography topic to post screenshots. Nobody appreciates missions anymore.

When you post (haha, whos gonna post? snif) new topic, please write the campaign name clearly into the topic field so people and me can see what campaign are we talking about.

As for the future... it remains to be seen what will PMC do, I can say already for sure that we have no campaigns planned and I feel bad about big mouthing PMC First Fight to be large campaign as now I feel burdened to keep my word on that promise as I have no desire to create those missions for it, I just have to gringe my teeth and do the missions. However I do have passion for mission making, no fucken community action will change that, for example I have now "PMC Real War" campaign on the works which is kind of like PMC Dynamic CE and PMC Tank Hunter mixed up on 51km desert terrain. I can tell you that its great now and if I can squeeze in some scripting magic it will be awesome. Will it be released? Hmm no idea, why would I release it as it would be just empty hull of forum area then? :?

Anyways. PMC First Fight and PMC cmp1 has been just released, cmp1 is as is with all missions inplace and first fight still needs me to fullfill the promise of new missions and I intend to do so, when? That is another question.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

WGL.Q
Recruit

Re: Cutbacks in mission editing community

Post by WGL.Q » 2009-05-30 15:08:56

Snake Man I think A1 was a big let down for many people.
Especially the bad stock campaign, and the bad quality drove many people away.
Making a campaign takes a huge effort.

Overall A1 SP/Campaign play was hardly existing in A1.

A2 will bring better times again. :)