PMC First Fight; Did find a bug this time ...

ArmA campaigns and missions

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Reacher
1st Lt

PMC First Fight; Did find a bug this time ...

Post by Reacher » 2007-03-21 05:00:09

Snake, I ran into a problem that I've never had before in the years I've used OFP and now AA. It started the second time I ran the campaign in the mission where the 2 humvees have to take out a group of the enemy. I had switched to the driver position and when I tried to drive the humvee, it would not go forward. I would kind of back up and turn backwards, but no forward progress. If I put another driver in, everything worked ok.

Later, I was in a following mission and had to take a boat to another island. Same thing. I could not get the boat to go forward. I had to get another driver and, since there are no waypoints, had to guide him with the arrow keys to get to the island. Yes, I checked and rechecked my keyboard configuration and nothing had changed. I have not tried any missions in AA since this started, so I don't know if it's an AA flaw or something I did wrong in the First Fight missions. By the way, I also had problems later on with driving a truck. I've restarted AA several times in hopes that it was just a reboot problem, but no luck. The campaign played great the first time.

Also, in the mission Gulan Heights, the mission never ends. I knocked out both Shilkas, killed a million soldiers, (seemed like), and the mission never ended. I had to use the "end mission" cheat. This happened the first time I ran the campaign and I just forgot to mention it. It happened again the second time I played it. I suspected something might be wrong when I didn't receive any acknowledgment for knocking out the first shilka.

Other than that, I love this thing. It's really challenging.

Reacher

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-03-21 05:26:01

Either I just had stroke or something, but what on earth you talk about humvee mission? Perhaps there was hummer in some of my missions but certainly no mission requiring driving such?

Dunno what to say about the boat driving issue...

The Gulan Heights mission have been fixed, will appear on the next release.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2007-03-21 13:04:10

LOL... no, you didn't have a stroke, you just forgot. There is a mission where two humvees are tasked to destroy a group of enemy. At least one humvee has to survive to end the mission. The mission starts out with the player at the gunner position. I tried it with me driving and the passenger as the gunner. It worked fine the first time I played this campaign/mission. The second time, it didn't work. It also affected driving the boat, a truck, etc.

One of the humvees was fitted with a machine gun, the other a grenade launcher. At least one Humvee had to survive to clear the mission. I'm going to run an AA mission tonight to see if it does the same thing when I try to drive a vehicle.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-03-21 13:28:03

Oh, thats the BIS campaign you're talking about now. I was assuming you meant PMC First Fight.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2007-03-22 13:31:17

I finally figured out the problem. I had to disable the joystick. I had enabled it prior to the 1.05 patch because flying was totally crap. Since 1.05 I haven't needed it, so I disconnected it, (USB).

Hope this helps someone with the same problem.