radio, bugs and other...

Campaign using BIS standard units

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

matt_webster

radio, bugs and other...

Post by matt_webster » 2004-09-04 23:42:07

first i want to say, that pmc fury is the finest campaign i ever played. THANK YOU SNAKE.
ok here are some comments and questions:
i cannot hear radio. i have v1.0b from the downloads-section.
what is the problem. need i a another version?
some missions are not ending. there is a problem with the ai (not your mistake). if i shoot a officer who leads a group of men, then the men will run away without lead. sometimes (if the mission-target is to clear all sections of enemys for example) one or more soldiers cannot found by me because they ran away. hm, big problem.
the pow-missions are great ideas. but you must see, that the pows do not enter into the vehicles.
at last a question: why do you not put a tank-leader or a pilot-mission into the campaign. that would be fine.
best mission: WARMONGER (great exposions)

cu matt

Snake_Man

Re: radio, bugs and other...

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-09-05 09:17:31

first i want to say, that pmc fury is the finest campaign i ever played. THANK YOU SNAKE.
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. It was nice to create/edit the missions too.
i cannot hear radio. i have v1.0b from the downloads-section.
That is correct, you only see the blue radio text on the screen, there is no sound.

As the campaign has over 200 missions, adding sound files to each one of them would make it... well huge. Also I have asked around but not get anyone to make me good/enough radio transmission voice acting, so using the computer generated speech is not very good.
some missions are not ending.
Do you have any specific missions which are very hard to finish, I could take a look at them?
the pow-missions are great ideas. but you must see, that the pows do not enter into the vehicles.
If I recall the POW missions, the vehicles should be locked, arent they?
why do you not put a tank-leader or a pilot-mission into the campaign. that would be fine.
PMC Fury is strictly that basic infantry grunt action (well there is the strange Blackhawk mission, but still) and meant to be like that without any other types of missions.

If you want to see tank commander or pilot action, I suggest you try out the PMC Euro 25km island + campaign. There is few tank and apache missions included.

matt_webster

Post by matt_webster » 2004-09-05 19:24:21

oh that was no critic. only my experience with this great campaign ;-)
i'll give you the biggest "+" and "-" of pmc fury.
+: NUMBER OF UNITS.
so many units are fighting with me. thats a great and realastic feeling. tanks at the side, helos in the air. good coordination. well done.
-: ALTERNATION.
in the later part of the campaign (i'm playing the 15-20th mission of malden now) you do only the same thing. infantry...
but thats my personal opinion...
go to www.bistudio.com and give them some hot ideas, yeah... ;-)

joekidds
Recruit

Post by joekidds » 2004-09-05 23:48:06

yeah the later part of the pmc fury campaign is where you are always attacking with infantry and there is pretty much no variety. and like the huge battles are like so laggy that you just sit there doing nothing... but its good and i could no way do a campaign... what would be cool is if it had voices... i would do it... but it would be huge once im done...
I uploaded the PMC Fury Radio voices, missions 1-53! get it here: http://www.freewebs.com/joekidds/pmcfuryradio1-11.rar (11mb)

VTE moddb profile:
http://mods.moddb.com/5240/