hostage rescue mission - anyone complete it?

Campaign using BIS standard units

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ufo_hk

hostage rescue mission - anyone complete it?

Post by ufo_hk » 2002-11-02 02:01:08

Seems to be impossible to complete this mission 90% of time chopper or all crew are killed before getting to target zone.

If you manage to get there - ten usually it's only with one or two others meaning you're completely out numbered and have no chance.

If you have completed it - let me know how.

Cheers

Snake_Man

Re: hostage rescue mission - anyone complete it?

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-11-04 07:32:10

Thats true. Another 1.85 (or was it 1.75) AI improvement, the machine gunners are now so DEADLY that like you said, the helo is shot down almost always.

I made some slight adjustments for this mission so we did get it to play smoothly at multiplayer, yet however I'm not sure if the AI Black Hawk doorgunner can take down the russian machinegunner in the hill top when doing single player.

So yes the mission is bit broken on 1.85 patch as can be lot of other missions as well :(

Stupid answer is: PMC Fury is fully playble in OFP 1.46 (but it sucks on 1.85 heh)

ufo_hk

Re: hostage rescue mission - anyone complete it?

Post by ufo_hk » 2002-11-06 01:22:28

"PMC Fury is fully playble in OFP 1.46 (but it sucks on 1.85 heh)"

WELL I DISAGREE!!!! - I think it is F_n awesume........really I think you've done brillently and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Sure I'm finding some issues but thats nothing compared to the fun I'm getting out of it. So far I haven't found many missions where there have been serious problems, and I've only got twenty more to do.

By the way this mission was the first time I ever used the "complete mission" cheat in any campaign. (I do admit to using multisave regularly).

Seriously thou thanks for the fun and taking the time out to reply.

One more question - what the "F" am I going to do once I finish this campaign?? Hope you've got more surprises in store for us.

;)

Thanks