The campaign continues...

Campaign using BIS standard units

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

The campaign continues...

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-09-24 09:10:03

I got bored one day. I like doing OFP missions for my own pleasure... so what did I do?

PMC Fury campaign had today its 100th mission completed. Thats already 61 -> 100 mission in Malden island, same style as the previous Everon fight and the island is not yet completely freed from Russian occupancy.

Like I said this is just for my own fun...

SaskiasImp

Re: The campaign continues...

Post by SaskiasImp » 2002-10-01 13:01:43

Sounds great ... will the extra missions be released to the public soon?

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-10-02 20:02:33

I take absolutely no pressure from releasing or doing anything like that.

Its all for my own fun :)

Today I finished mission number 134. Basically the mission styles are the same as in the released PMC Fury, every single mission has the "standard" briefings so player is fully informed of the objectives etc. Also I've tested all the objectives to be working, however the missions are not playtested yet (not even myself). There are no cutscenes yet and the sound effects like birds and crickets etc aren't in.

The goal is/was to keep v1.46 compatibility, but lately I've sunken totally into Resistance v1.75 code (I highly recommend it for everyone; OFP is now v1.75, period). The missions are "optimized" with 1500meter viewdistance and I do not know how they play out if you use them with v1.46 viewdistance 600m or was it 900meters. I have used NO addons, NO resistance only weapons. All in all the new missions should fully work with OFP v1.46 exe.

Anyways, release... nothing has planned. But if someone wants the help by playing these missions and Reporting back to me of any bugs or weird things happening, I could of course put some beta package together. Generally the missions are fully ready now, but of course there might be some bugs slipped in (mostly those that you must hunt down one single soldier on huge woods etc to make mission end) but I'd say those are rare.
Last edited by Snake_Man on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2002-10-10 05:33:57

Great news! One suggestion: how about giving the player/squad members a change to use other weapons than just the standard M16 or HK? I mean an option to configure your weapon/ammo load out right at the beginning in the briefing screen. There are so many other options with just the official addons. ::)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-10-10 16:05:12

how about giving the player/squad members a change to use other weapons than just the standard M16 or HK?
That would be possible. dunno however how it would change the mission balance (if there is any balance in my mission heh), for example if there are few armored vehicles and player loads LAW's to all squad members etc.

Do you happen to know the weaponry NATO uses, at least I would not want to add weapons to the users gear selection that aren't used in real life.

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2002-10-16 12:47:44

Unfortunately I dunno if NATO uses somekind of standard weapon/ammo loadout or what it would be. I was thinking more in the lines of for example giving the player an option to replace his/her ( yeah right, as if any women play this game! ) smoke shells with extra mags, get an occasional LAW/binoculars/M21/XMS etc.

The_Avon_Lady
Recruit

Post by The_Avon_Lady » 2002-10-27 13:54:44

( yeah right, as if any women play this game! )
>:( Bite your tongue, Bozo! :P

SnakeMan, as always, looking forward to more of PMC Fury. It's your fun but remember to share it with us. ;)
Last edited by The_Avon_Lady on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.
The Avon Lady
MPO: theavonlady@theavonlady.org
INTEL: THE OFP FAQ

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2002-10-29 13:37:47

Sorry. I stand corrected. ::)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-11-06 19:43:56

PMC Fury new mission update:

First I like to thank The Avon Lady for such a nice words on our existing campaign in her M.O.M section, thanks!
http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/

The new missions for PMC Fury are progressing nicely, the facts are as of today: Islands used Malden, Kolgujev and Nogova. Viewdistance 1500m (not selected from the mission, its users choice but the missions are edited/optimized with viewdistance of 1500 meters so overall playability can change if used other than that). OFP v1.85 (yes Resistance). No voices used in the radio comms. Currently no cutscenes but I'm planning to add these when the basic missions are done.

However I have to sneak in some "bad" news also, currently I'm taking a small break from mission editing, just for a week(s) or so hopefully. I noticed that my "passion" to edit missions in Nogova has reduced somewhat in the latest missions and if you read the first posts in this area you know that I make these missions for my OWN fun... and when its not fun, why do it. So now small break is in order ;)

Don't worry, PMC Fury for Malden, Kolgujev and Nogova will be compeleted (well malden and kolgujev missions are already done, so only thing to do is to mop up the Nogova operation which is now about half way through).

So when we finally release the next version of PMC Fury, it will be for 1.85 (or any update that is released by BIS before Fury release). If you do not have 1.85 (Resistance) yet, go get it as its so great.

I really really do not want to make any promises or anything, but I can tell you this; Mozart (the guy who made PMC Fury VCD Trailer) was very interested of making a trailer for these new missions and he has actually few times already asked when we start to create the mpeg.

Btw we have our PMC Coop dedicated 1.88 server running 24h and you should be locate it from the 1.85 ingame server browser. There is ONLY COOP missions available, the PMC ones and official coops. Also there is few edited new missions from us which are not even on the web page here. So if you "dig" PMC Fury, you might want to check out the coop missions in our server. I personally like the PMC Search and Rescue 2 mission with full human players, four black ops in enemy territory needs an extraction, Black Hawk + 2 Cobras are the SAR package, the black ops of course are surrounded by nasty enemies... thats nice ;)