Love the Campaign! But a problem ....

Campaign using BIS standard units

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

PStewart

Love the Campaign! But a problem ....

Post by PStewart » 2002-08-29 02:31:19

I am in the Mission where I take Gravette ans am supposed to place satchel charges to kill returning commies. Well, I laid mions and satchels and killed two bmps (or whatever they are) and then the mission just never ends. Later an MiA1 American tank shows up and drives around aimlessly.

What gives?

Snake_Man

Re: Love the Campaign! But a problem ....

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-08-30 18:14:14

You must get all the soldiers too. The mission is accomplished when all russians are neutralized from the Gravette city limits.

Icarus

Post by Icarus » 2002-09-27 22:38:02

can you please explain *exactly* what to do ? I have the same problem, here is what I did :

-went to the city, left my squad in the west of the city (-->"hold" --> "danger")
- pick up some mines and satchel charges and place them on the street (coming from the east)
- going to the northern hill and hide there
- waiting for the destination of the two bmps
- the first bmp hit a mine and the second blow up by my placed satchel charges (or by a mine, whatever)
- both bmps are knocked out, they explode within a second (without leaving one soldier/driver)
- waiting
- waiting
- the mission never ends :(

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-09-28 00:10:46

Hmm did you guys get the "chicken in the pot" radio message before blowing stuff up?

If not, that might be the case that you blew the bmps and infantry too early before the triggers were activated.

There is no rush to blow them up, wait until they are fully in the city limits and you & hq have radio conversation.

Icarus

Post by Icarus » 2002-09-28 14:39:47

yeah ! you're right man !

the problem was the trigger ("the chicken is...") - I knocked out both bmps BEFORE they reached the village (and the trigger).
you'vew just to wait for the radio message and then you blow them up - mission complete.

thank you !