Bugz

Campaign using BIS standard units

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Killswitch

Re: level two r19 1.94 missing addon

Post by Killswitch » 2004-01-29 14:53:17

abomb1508 wrote:at start of level two it says:

cannot load/ misng addon bas_repairh

now i know the pmc fury is supposed to be without addons but in the meantime can you tell me where i can get it? (i know from the bas site but which addon does it come with?)
bas_repairh is defined in the addon bas_repair.bpo that came with the 1.0 release of the BAS Blackhawks.

The reason, in short
You are getting that error message because you have the bas_repair.pbo somewhere in your addons folders. I'd guess its in the Res/Addons folder.

The problem
This addon, like many others have what can be called an addon dependency problem. In this case, inside the bas_repair addon there's a new variant of the Apache, based on the standard AH64, one that gets shot at by infantry to a greater degree than the default one. There are other "new" helos defined in there too, but the "Apache AH-64(A)" stands out as the only one that is based on an addon. The other helos are based on the core BIS helos (The Cobra, Hind and Hip).

The symptoms of this problem are as follows:
  • Any mission containing an Apache will give you that error message
  • There's a chance that if you have the addon active and place an Apache in a mission, the saved mission file will list "bas_repair" as a needed addon even though its not actually needed. It will "mysteriously" get added to the Addons[] or addonsAuto[] part of the mission.sqm. How's that for odd?
The fix
To be correct, the bas_repair addon should therefore declare the dependency on the BIS Apache. This is done by adding a requiredAddons[]=... statement in the CfgPatches part of the addon's config. This is how that part looks:

Code: Select all

class CfgPatches
{
        class BAS_repairH
        {
                units[] = {bas_repairH};
                weapons[] = {};
                requiredVersion = 1.90;
       };
};
And here's how it should be:

Code: Select all

class CfgPatches
{
        class BAS_repairH
        {
                units[] = {bas_repairH};
                weapons[] = {};
                requiredVersion = 1.90;
                requiredAddons[] = {ah64};
      };
};
Ok, so how do I, as a user not accustomed to messing with addons, fix it?
Get a fixed one. :D Here you go: Fixed bas_repair.pbo (3.9 KiB)

Now replace (overwrite) the old one with this one and you'll get rid of that message. Of course, then you'll probably get some other "missing addon..." message due to another of the huge amount of broken addons that are out there...

I write this in hopes of that more players and addon makers are made aware of the reason (and the *sole* reason) for such error messages - addons that don't declare their dependencies properly.

Now, good luck with PMC Fury!

PS. In case its not obvious: no, Snake cannot "fix" the campaign for this problem since its not a problem of the campaign.
Last edited by Killswitch on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Mike
1st Lt

Re: level two r19 1.94 missing addon

Post by Mike » 2004-01-29 19:21:27

the "Apache AH-64(A)" stands out as the only one that is based on an addon. The other helos are based on the core BIS helos (The Cobra, Hind and Hip).
wooooo, nice explanation. Thank you.

abomb1508

Re: Bugz

Post by abomb1508 » 2004-02-13 07:55:47

thankyou killswitch. i have been having the same problem in other missions eg asmo's chem wafare. snakeman, no offence intended. maybe i should go scream at bas... ;D

cheers,

A-Bomb

joekidds
Recruit

Post by joekidds » 2004-04-14 23:35:40

i dont think anyone mentioned it but mission 25 Leisure Lamentin when the blackhawk drops you off and you tell your guys to get out the blackhawk is already on its way back and your guys jump out to there death... kinda sucks cuz then you only have number 2 with you and the rest are dead.

rev 20 patch 1.96 beta
I uploaded the PMC Fury Radio voices, missions 1-53! get it here: http://www.freewebs.com/joekidds/pmcfuryradio1-11.rar (11mb)

VTE moddb profile:
http://mods.moddb.com/5240/

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2004-04-20 20:04:35

joekidds wrote: mission 25 Leisure Lamentin
on fast cpu's they don't juimp until the chopper lands again
yes, it is a 'bug', because you are auto ejected (by the engine) when the chopper 1st approaches land, the 'trick' is to wait until it settles a 2nd time.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-04-20 20:26:51

PMC Fury uses the transport unload waypoint for helicopter insertions, it means that the squad leader human is "ejected" from the helicopter by OFP. Then its the squad leader human's job to get the men out.

If I encounter this kind of insertions, I usually select all my men good deal before the insert LZ, use the action menu to bring up the "EJECT" option and then I wait there until OFP ejects me and I hit the eject command for my men too.

Some day in the distant future when I'm absolutely bored, I'll add automated ejection script for helicopter insertions for PMC Fury.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2004-04-21 04:52:20

Snake_Man wrote: Some day in the distant future when I'm absolutely bored, I'll add automated ejection script for helicopter insertions for PMC Fury.
please don't!

it's a nice interactive way that you, as squad leader must interract with your men. Most of your missions snake, are death traps for rambos, you need your squad to complete, and so, as a player, you might as well get used to ordering them around from the very beginning.

PS I didn't mean eject (not sure if original writer did tho). I meant a proper disembark, and have _not_ had them tumbling out of the sky, they wait till it lands a 2nd time (a fast cpu doesn't have this issue at all)