Help: Mission "Leftover"

Campaign using BIS standard units

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

animalica

Help: Mission "Leftover"

Post by animalica » 2002-01-07 21:42:45

I managed to fight many more dangerous battles than the "Leftover" mission but now I`m stucked:

In this mission you got to clear three small woods of remaining russian infantry with your men.
I can do what I want but me and my men always get shot in the first wood, no matter which difficulty, what tactics, what formation or whatever... :(

Can anybody tell me some hints how to get through this mission?
"Need to install the flamethrower add-on and burn down the woods... or maybe an Napalm airstrike..." ;)
Thanks in advance! :)

tone

Re: Help: Mission "Leftover"

Post by tone » 2002-01-10 05:38:10

I managed to finish this one on the first try. I didn't find it that difficult! Enter the woods, but stay along the edge and proceed in a straight line. I walked from bush to bush, stopped every 10 meters or so and scanned the woods from edge to edge with the binocs until I happened to see a soldier quite a distance away. I took him out and waited for his buddies to come to us, where we cut them down. It helps if you tell your men "Danger" and "Fire at will". Also, when the combat starts you can tell them to take cover and they do a pretty good job of finding cover, plus they still fight. I did the other woods the same way as well. Just go slow and keep your eyes open!

animalica

Post by animalica » 2002-01-10 20:50:24

Thanks for your advice! :)
In OFP I`m not an rusher but it seems that I was nevertheless too fast for this mission.
Will try it out and hope that it works - because I want to finish this very good campaign.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-01-21 05:08:41

Woods are tricky, they block your field of view and fire. You gotta be extra careful when operating in woods. I've found many cases the sounds to be helpful. Move only with reduced speed so your breathing wont catch up, then you can listen where the enemy footsteps are coming from.

Of course if they remain still... ;)

animalica

Post by animalica » 2002-01-26 05:01:17

After trying it again and again I was totally fed up, loaded the mission ed and changed the mission more and more to solve it... ::) :-[ :-/
And then the following mission with the illuminated battlefiled had an good mood - I know that they are coming but when, where and how much?! ;D
But I didn´t fired one shot in this mission. :)