Dampers/Gear/Aircraft

ArmA editing, missions, modeling, textures, terrains

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

anzacsas
Major

Dampers/Gear/Aircraft

Post by anzacsas » 2008-08-31 01:51:27

Hey dudes,

I was wondering how to go about adding dampers to the aircraft in VTE .
I have had a go at applying valeus to the cfg but i have had no luck.

I was wondering does this have to edited into the P3d's?

As far as i know this is new to ARMA so the OFP imports prolly wouldnt have this "coded" in them .

Steve.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-08-31 05:52:12

Very good guestion. This goes into the animations which are handled together with Model + Model.cfg and Config.cpp files.

What it means is lets say you have aircraft model, in the model you have a selection of parts like flaps. Now in model.cfg file which is on the pbo directory under the name of "model.cfg" or modelname.cfg (ie vte_f4_grey_ag.cfg) you have the selection name for the flaps configured with the anim specs. Then finally you have a config.cpp where yet again these animations are configured.

By having the anims in the model.cfg file you can already view how they work in O2 buldozer, its very cool.

Ok this was just a quick explanation so you have the rough idea of how its done, I'll try to get around to this topic soon in day or two (keep reminding me) and adding more details to it. I havent done dampers myself yet but I am interested of doing them for VTE vehicles, but naturally as you know very well the state of VTE, dambers are the least bit important piece to get into right now.

In the mean time you can search PMC Editing Wiki for model.cfg and turrets and animations, there is already good stuff in there.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2008-08-31 06:57:07

No worries m8,I thought it was tied in there somehow.

Thanx.