ArmA editing n00b looking for some help!

ArmA editing, missions, modeling, textures, terrains

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Spectre-63
Recruit

ArmA editing n00b looking for some help!

Post by Spectre-63 » 2007-06-23 03:37:39

Hi guys -

I'm familiar with PMC from my days with Falcon and since I can't get any responses on BI's forums, I figured you guys would be the right ones to ask...you were always very helpful to those interested in modding back in my Falcon days. :)

I've got a few different questions...all surrounding a project I've taken on to try and modify the M-203. It's currently WAY short on ammo and I want to address that, as well as to try and model some of the other ammo types that are produced for it.

Here are a couple of my questions:

1.) I've just started working with Laza, which makes editing the .cpp files much easier I should add, and I had a question about the 'Is Virtual' checkbox. I'm interpreting the 'Virtual' as a reference to a Class which exists in one of the 'Required Addons' files. Is this basically correct? If so, how much can I trim things down with pointers to 'Virtual' classes? For example, if I only need to change the magazines list to include new types of magazines, do I need to create 'Is Virtual' entries for all the referenced magazines in the list, or can I just create the new entries? Do I need to create layers of Virtual entries (for example, one for the default, the Rifle (which references the default), the M16A2, and the GrenadeLauncher just to add magazines for the M16A2GL?

2.) I'm having trouble finding the definitions for the $STR_DN_ entries in the config.cpp from the weapons.pbo. I'll obviously have to define the names for these new objects...for the moment, I'm using the existing names but that won't work for release. Can someone point me in the right direction? It appears it's possible to simply put the text you want to use into the displayName field. Is that correct or do I need to hunt down the location where the $STR_DN_ entries live so that the string is properly passed throughout the game?

3.) I'm doing some testing tonight and (crosses fingers) if all works out right, I may be ready to move onto preparing for release. As I understand it, in order to release the mod so it can be placed into a 'mod' folder rather than the AddOns folder, I have to create another script. What needs to happen there?? Can you suggest some reading material on how to get started with that?

Thanks all!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: ArmA editing n00b looking for some help!

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-23 06:44:53

Spectre-63 wrote:I've got a few different questions...all surrounding a project I've taken on to try and modify the M-203. It's currently WAY short on ammo and I want to address that, as well as to try and model some of the other ammo types that are produced for it.
You didn't even ask anything yet, but have you taken a look of OFP JAM 3 configuration how the M433 vest's are created?
I've just started working with Laza, which makes editing the .cpp files much easier
Uh Laza? I tried that on google but the first page was full of garbage links. What is Laza?? I assume its some text editor?
I'm having trouble finding the definitions for the $STR_DN_ entries in the config.cpp from the weapons.pbo. It appears it's possible to simply put the text you want to use into the displayName field. Is that correct or do I need to hunt down the location where the $STR_DN_ entries live so that the string is properly passed throughout the game?
displayName="my big bad M203"; is the correct way to do it, however you can also use the $STR_blabla way.

The $STR thing is a stringtable, it can be found on the pbo where your config.cpp is in the name of "stringtable.csv", its the basic CSV file as we seen on F4 tacedit export/import's too. So open up text editor and edit. The bonus for using the CSV is that you can specify different languages for the M203 name. Personally I like english, I have no wish to make my addon weapon name be written in chinese :)
As I understand it, in order to release the mod so it can be placed into a 'mod' folder rather than the AddOns folder, I have to create another script. What needs to happen there?? Can you suggest some reading material on how to get started with that?
Ah good that you asked, shows you want to do the addon AND release proplerly, very good.

Okay first of all when you make the PBO, in ArmA you are most likely using the cpbo.exe by kegetys, it automatically creates the pbo without compression. If you are using other pbo tools like PboX from us, make sure you do NOT pack the pbo with compression.

Now, you dont need anykind of "scripts" to make the addon pbo work in a mod folder. Just make your <tag>_m203.pbo and the readme, you can create directorys already for the user, but its not necessary. Oh and if you dont use any tag yet, choose one. Check that its not used by anyone else in the community, you can find the tag name list from BIS wiki.

Readme in minimum should describe what is this addon and your contact information so that if someone wants to ask you something, they can find you. Most lamest thing is an addon with german readme saying "MY FIRST ADDOONNN!!!1". You dont need to write a novel for the readme, just the basic info I stated above.

Finally when your pbo + readme is ready, just use RAR to pack them up with maximum compression and create the release packet without spaces on the filename or other special characters. Dont do "Spectre's Excellent M203!!.rar" but do "Spectres_Excellent_M203.rar" so it will be done right. Many people fall short making their addon and then messing up the release packaging.

There you go, hope that was helpful. If you didn't understand some/any points I made, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to explain them better :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Spectre-63
Recruit

Post by Spectre-63 » 2007-06-23 07:09:49

Snake Man -

you've already done far more to encourage me on this addon than anyone at BIS' forums: you responded! :lol:

As far as the JAM3 mod is concerned, no, I haven't looked at that. Suggestions on where to find it? Are the config files setup similarly to ArmA? That may make things a little easier.

RE: Laza - it's sort of like a text editor but the closest thing that it approximates is the Windows Registry Editor. It allows you to create the Class structure on one side of the screen and the associated entries on the other.....it does some error checking but, to be honest, it occasionally screws things up as well (most notably, not creating arrays properly). It's helpful to get started, anyway.

I think I've gotten past the displayName issue for the moment...it was simply something I'd seen in some of the other entries and wondered whether I needed to create the stringtable....you've answered that well, thank you!

I also think I've got the .pbo thing figured out...I had the mod working (in a limited fashion) tonight from the @GrenadierPack folder I created. I'll be sure to go out to the BIS wiki and register the name momentarily.

I ran into a couple of unexpected problems tonight that I'm hoping you can help with. As I stated above, I wanted to create a new ammo-type for the M203 (HEDP - High Explosive Dual Purpose (light anti-tank round)) and have it defined within the CfgAmmo section of my config.cpp file. The problem I keep running into is that, despite pointing to some existing Default and Grenade ammo types (GrenadeCore and GrenadeBase) within Laza (using the 'Is Virtual' tag), I keep getting errors for undefined values (simulation, maxControlRange, maneuvrability, cartridge) that are not defined for other M203 ammunition. I essentially copied the HE CfgAmmo entry and changed the hit and indirecthit damage values for the new ammo type. The only thing I can think of is that somewhere within the maze of .pbo files is a config file that defines all the base values for ammo and they're only overwritten if the value in the table is different. That file may have some list of the ammo types it applies to and that's why I'm getting these problems. If you've got any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

During my testing tonight, I also ran into a couple of other problems, one expected, one not so. The first problem: my 5 round HE magazine allows the user to fire the weapon semi-auto...that I kind of expected. Have you got any ideas on how to define a reload time and/or a reload animation? The reload animation would be great because then I could use the existing animation and insert it in-between each round, thus slowing the rate of fire down to something more reasonable.

The second problem: I defined a 'smoke shell' for the M203 and it'll load the ammo...it just won't let me fire it. I click the trigger and absolutely nothing happens. I may try re-working the ammo (adding the smoke definitions as they have for the smoke hand-grenade) and see where I get with that.

The other problem I can see immediately is that there's no easy way to switch ammo types. I'll do some more playing in-game but, unless I can figure out how to allow the player to switch ammo types either thru the menu or (preferably) with the 'f' key, the combat usability of this mod may be in jeopardy. :cry:

Thanks again for putting up with my noobishness. :D

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-23 07:46:59

Spectre-63 wrote:As far as the JAM3 mod is concerned, no, I haven't looked at that. Suggestions on where to find it?
JAM3 ofp.info
Are the config files setup similarly to ArmA?
You could say that ArmA config files are setup similarly to OFP :)
Laza - it's sort of like a text editor but the closest thing that it approximates is the Windows Registry Editor.
Uh okay, start with notepad, it will get the job done. Of course you can also use some nice text editor with syntax highlighting like UltraEdit or EditPadPro (which I personally use).
The problem I keep running into is that, despite pointing to some existing Default and Grenade ammo types (GrenadeCore and GrenadeBase) within Laza (using the 'Is Virtual' tag), I keep getting errors
I highly recommend dumping that laza and using normal text editor, then look examples from other addons in ArmA how the config is setup.
The only thing I can think of is that somewhere within the maze of .pbo files is a config file that defines all the base values for ammo and they're only overwritten if the value in the table is different.
Yeah very difficult to say without seeing the code. I suggest you snag the JAM3, take the M433 vest setup from there (or just the single HE round) and proceed with that to create your own config.
Have you got any ideas on how to define a reload time and/or a reload animation?
No idea about reload time without looking some example cpp, this also will be included in the JAM3 config.
The other problem I can see immediately is that there's no easy way to switch ammo types.
In JAM you could select the M433 vest 24x rounds or single round and even the flares and/or smoke marker grenades from the normal reload action menu. Dunno how it will be in ArmA, same I guess(?).

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Spectre-63
Recruit

Post by Spectre-63 » 2007-06-23 08:15:12

great info, Snake Man...thx!

a couple of other questions to help me on my way:

I use EditPad (albeit the Lite version) as well...my confusion is converting from .cpp to .bin. Is there a tool to do the job?

I couldn't find the registration page for my addon tag...got a link handy?

Something else that's somewhat odd: not sure what I did (and, like a freakin MORON, I overwrote the working file), but now I can't get any rounds to fire...the magazine loads, but nothing happens when I pull the trigger. Is there an error log I can look at that might tell me where the problem lies?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-23 08:25:56

You dont need to convert cpp to bin, no reason for that.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/OFPEC_tag_list thats the tag list.

arma.RPT can give you some idea on real errors. Btw is the upper left hand corner weapon/magazine name field red or 0?

PMC since 1984

Spectre-63
Recruit

Post by Spectre-63 » 2007-06-23 21:16:21

Snake Man -

you are da Man! I got the multi-round magazine working almost the way I want (isn't that always the way with mods? It's NEVER quite finished!), and the HEDP round is a reality. Smoke rounds launch but they aren't working as expected....little puff of smoke but it doesn't stick around. I'm going to do some testing with the smoke grenades today and see if I can figure out where I've gone wrong.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help...you'll certainly be featured in the readme. Had it not been for your timely assistance, I could've been working on it for another week without any progress. :)

Spectre-63
Recruit

Post by Spectre-63 » 2007-06-24 08:55:20

Damn! This addon is so close I can practically taste it!

Smoke rounds: check!
HEDP rounds: check!
increased magazine sizes: check!
changing default loadouts: aww crap!

I think I've got the config correct but, for some reason known only to God and BIS, the default loadouts aren't changing. The weapons are configured and I can get the rounds into the gear if I go to the ammo box, but I'd like the grenadier to spawn with the 'proper' loadout.

Here's what the appropriate section of my config looks like:

Code: Select all

class CfgVehicles {
	/*extern*/ class All;
	/*extern*/ class AllVehicles;
	/*extern*/ class Land;
	/*extern*/ class Man;
	/*extern*/ class CAManBase;
	/*extern*/ class SoldierWB;
	/*extern*/ class SoldierWSaboteur;
	/*extern*/ class SoldierWSaboteurPipe;
	/*extern*/ class SoldierGB;

class SoldierWG: SoldierWB 
	{
		displayName = "Hi-Cap Grenadier";
		magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "5Rnd_HE_M203", "5Rnd_HE_M203", "5Rnd_HE_M203", "5Rnd_HE_M203", "5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "5Rnd_Smoke_M203", "5Rnd_SmokeRed_M203"};
	};
	class SoldierWSaboteurAssault: SoldierWSaboteurPipe 
	{
		displayName = "Hi-cap BlackOp Grenadier";
		magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "15Rnd_9x19_M9SD", "15Rnd_9x19_M9SD", "5Rnd_HE_M203", "5Rnd_HE_M203", "5Rnd_HE_M203", "5Rnd_HEDP_M203"};
	};
	class SoldierGG: SoldierGB {
		displayName = "Hi-Cap Resistance Grenadier";
		magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "5Rnd_HE_M203", "5Rnd_HE_M203", "5Rnd_HE_M203", "5Rnd_HE_M203", "5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "5Rnd_Smoke_M203", "5Rnd_SmokeRed_M203"};
	};
};
Don't know what the deal is...it's obviously grabbing the information elsewhere because the changes in the displayName I made to try and troubleshoot it (thought I might've grabbed the wrong unit) don't appear to show up either. The larger magazines show up, so why not the units???

I'm sure this has something to do with the problem, but I'm stumped why: my Arma.RPT shows this

Addon grenadierpack (entry M4GL) not found in the list of active addons.
Addon grenadierpack (entry M4GL) not found in the list of active addons.
Addon grenadierpack (entry M16A2GL) not found in the list of active addons.
ideas??

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-24 09:18:24

If you want to edit the BIS soldiers, its fine if you do it for your own private use, but you cant release addon like that.

So lets see what you really want, you want to release realistic M203 grenade launcher attached to M16 or M4, is that right?

Basically what you need to do is to create this new weapon, call its classname like <tag>_M16GL and <tag>_M4GL, then if you want to supply the mission editor with soldiers equipped with this weapon, do not edit the BIS units but make your own new ones. So instead of using SoldierWG, use <tag>_SoldierWG classname and do this on the weapon config.cpp and not in the BIS configs.

I'm not sure about the code sample you provided as I cant remember the original ArmA classnames, but I kind of assume that the 5Rnd_HEDP_M203 is made by you (I think it should be <tag>_5Rnd_HEDP_M203 so it will clearly be an addon magazine). If so, then the code you pasted is looking good but I think you need to add the weapon too since SoldierWB are not equipped with it and use a new classname for the soldier.

Also keep in mind that you dont exceed the maximum carried magazines/equipment, in OFP this resulted a CTD but dunno what ArmA does. Also it just doesn't be enough to count the magazines you added... most likely those big grenade magazines SHOULD take more space than just one slot, just like satchel charge or so, but that coding is again up to you.

Heh this is bit difficult to explain, feel free to ask specific questions on specific parts of the coding and I'll try to help the best I can :o

PMC since 1984

Spectre-63
Recruit

Post by Spectre-63 » 2007-06-24 09:40:06

Snake Man wrote:If you want to edit the BIS soldiers, its fine if you do it for your own private use, but you cant release addon like that.
I can see why you say it shouldn't be released in that condition - I was trying to make it easier for it to be implemented into existing environments - Evolution, for example, but see your point.
So lets see what you really want, you want to release realistic M203 grenade launcher attached to M16 or M4, is that right?

Basically what you need to do is to create this new weapon, call its classname like <tag>_M16GL and <tag>_M4GL, then if you want to supply the mission editor with soldiers equipped with this weapon, do not edit the BIS units but make your own new ones. So instead of using SoldierWG, use <tag>_SoldierWG classname and do this on the weapon config.cpp and not in the BIS configs.
I'll definitely update the tags before release...this is just kind of a testing phase. I've got the M16GL's and M4GLs already in place and they work. If I add the tags to the classnames, will it automatically show up in the mission editor as a new soldier type, or do I need to do something else?
I'm not sure about the code sample you provided as I cant remember the original ArmA classnames, but I kind of assume that the 5Rnd_HEDP_M203 is made by you (I think it should be <tag>_5Rnd_HEDP_M203 so it will clearly be an addon magazine). If so, then the code you pasted is looking good but I think you need to add the weapon too since SoldierWB are not equipped with it and use a new classname for the soldier.
Actually, the SoldierWB is a reference up to the 'base' soldier for the BLUFOR. SoldierWG is the BLUFOR grenadier, from what I can tell, and already carries either an M16A2GL or an M4GL.
Also keep in mind that you dont exceed the maximum carried magazines/equipment, in OFP this resulted a CTD but dunno what ArmA does. Also it just doesn't be enough to count the magazines you added... most likely those big grenade magazines SHOULD take more space than just one slot, just like satchel charge or so, but that coding is again up to you.
I stuck with a maximum of 8 5-round magazines so that the loadout could reach the standard Army/Marines loadout of 40 rounds.
Heh this is bit difficult to explain, feel free to ask specific questions on specific parts of the coding and I'll try to help the best I can :o
I'll try adding the tags and re-pbo'ing the file and see what I get in the mission builder.

Thanks for the quick response!

Spectre-63
Recruit

Post by Spectre-63 » 2007-06-24 10:15:50

Okay, now I'm completely befuddled...I've added the tags and I expected that it'd show up as a new Class but no such luck. I must be missing something, but I'll be damned if I know what.

Here's the complete config.cpp

class CfgPatches 
{
	class GrenadierPack 
	{
		units[] = {"S63_SoldierWG", "S63_SoldierWSaboteurAssault", "S63_SoldierGG"};
		requiredVersion = 1.080000;
		requiredAddons[] = {"CACharacters", "CAWeapons"};
		weapons[] = {"S63_M16A2GL", "S63_M4GL","S63_M4A1GL"};
	};
};
class CfgAmmo 
{
	/*extern*/ class Default;
	/*extern*/ class GrenadeCore;
	/*extern*/ class GrenadeBase;
	/*extern*/ class SmokeShell;
	class S63_G_40mm_HEDP : GrenadeBase
	{
		model = "\ca\Weapons\granat";
		hit = 175;
		indirectHit = 10;
		indirectHitRange = 7;
		visibleFire = 16;
		audibleFire = 18;
		visibleFireTime = 3;
		explosive = 1;
		cost = 10;
		deflecting = 10;
	};
	class S63_G_40mm_Smoke : SmokeShell
	{
		model = "\ca\Weapons\granat";
		smokeColor[] = {1,1,1,0};
		visibleFire = 16;
		audibleFire = 18;
		visibleFireTime = 3;
	};
	class S63_G_40mm_RedSmoke : S63_G_40mm_Smoke
	{
		smokeColor[] = {1, 0.13, 0.13, 0};

};
};
class CfgMagazines 
{
	/*extern*/ class Default;
	/*extern*/ class CA_Magazine ;
	class S63_5Rnd_HE_M203 : CA_Magazine
	{
		scope = 2;
		type = 16;
		displayName = "M203 HE 5rnd magazine";
		picture = "\Ca\weapons\Data\Equip\m_40mmHP_CA.paa";
		ammo = "G_40mm_HE";
		initSpeed = 80;
		count = 5;
	};
	class S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203 : CA_Magazine
	{
		scope = 2;
		type = 16;
		displayName = "M203 HEDP 5rnd magazine";
		picture = "\Ca\weapons\Data\Equip\m_40mmHP_CA.paa";
		ammo = "S63_G_40mm_HEDP";
		initSpeed = 80;
		count = 5;
	};
	class S63_5Rnd_Smoke_M203 : CA_Magazine
	{
		scope = 2;
		type = 16;
		displayName = "M203 Smoke 5rnd magazine";
		picture = "\Ca\weapons\Data\Equip\m_FlareGreen_CA.paa";
		ammo = "S63_G_40mm_Smoke";
		initSpeed = 80;
		count = 5;
	};
	class S63_5Rnd_SmokeRed_M203 : S63_5Rnd_Smoke_M203
	{
		displayName = "M203 Smoke (Red) 5rnd magazine";
		ammo = "S63_G_40mm_RedSmoke";
		initSpeed = 80;
		count = 5;
	};
	class S63_1Rnd_Smoke_M203 : CA_Magazine
	{
		scope = 2;
		type = 16;
		displayName = "M203 Smoke round";
		ammo = "S63_G_40mm_Smoke";
		initSpeed = 80;
		count = 1;
	};
};
class CfgWeapons 
{
	/*extern*/ class Default ;
	/*extern*/ class Rifle;
	/*extern*/ class GrenadeLauncher ;
	/*extern*/ class M16A2 ;
	/*extern*/ class M4 ;
	class S63_M16A2GL : M16A2
	{
		displayName = "$STR_DN_M16A2GL";
		model = "\ca\Weapons\m16_granatomet_proxy.p3d";
		picture = "\CA\weapons\data\equip\w_m16m203_ca.paa";
		UiPicture = "\CA\weapons\data\Ico\i_regular_CA.paa";
		dexterity = 1.460000;
		muzzles[] = {"M16Muzzle", "M203Muzzle"};
		class M16Muzzle : M16A2
		{
		};
		class M203Muzzle : GrenadeLauncher
		{
			displayName = "$STR_DN_M203";
			magazines[] = {"1Rnd_HE_M203","S63_5Rnd_HE_M203","S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203","S63_5Rnd_Smoke_M203", "S63_5Rnd_SmokeRed_M203","S63_1Rnd_Smoke_M203","FlareWhite_M203","FlareGreen_M203","FlareRed_M203","FlareYellow_M203"};
			sound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\Grenade_launch1_A",0.100000,1};
			reloadMagazineSound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\flare_reload",0.000316,1};
			magazineReloadTime = 3;
			reloadTime = 0.100000;
			optics = 1;
			modelOptics = "-";
			cameraDir = "GL look";
			memoryPointCamera = "GL eye";
			opticsZoomMin = 0.220000;
			opticsZoomMax = 0.950000;
			opticsZoomInit = 0.420000;
		};
	};
	class S63_M4GL : M4
	{
		displayName = "$STR_DN_M4_GL";
		model = "\ca\Weapons\M4_GL_ACOG";
		picture = "\CA\weapons\data\equip\w_m4gl_acog_ca.paa";
		UiPicture = "\CA\weapons\data\Ico\i_regular_CA.paa";
		dexterity = 1.590000;
		muzzles[] = {"M4Muzzle", "M203Muzzle"};
		class M4Muzzle : M4
		{
			modelOptics = "\ca\Weapons\optika_ACOG";
			opticsZoomMin = 0.062500;
			opticsZoomMax = 0.062500;
			distanceZoomMin = 100;
			distanceZoomMax = 100;
		};
		class M203Muzzle : GrenadeLauncher
		{
			displayName = "$STR_DN_M203";
			magazines[] = {"1Rnd_HE_M203","S63_5Rnd_HE_M203","S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203","S63_5Rnd_Smoke_M203", "S63_5Rnd_SmokeRed_M203","S63_1Rnd_Smoke_M203","FlareWhite_M203","FlareGreen_M203","FlareRed_M203","FlareYellow_M203"};
			reloadMagazineSound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\flare_reload",0.000316,1};
			sound[] = {"\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\Grenade_launch1_A",0.100000,1};
			reloadTime = 3.100000;
			magazineReloadTime = 3;
			optics = 1;
			modelOptics = "-";
			cameraDir = "GL look";
			memoryPointCamera = "GL eye";
			opticsZoomMin = 0.220000;
			opticsZoomMax = 0.950000;
			opticsZoomInit = 0.420000;
		};
		class Library 
		{
			libTextDesc = "$STR_LIB_M4";
		};
	};

class S63_M4A1GL : S63_M4GL
	{
		displayName = "$STR_DN_M4A1_GL";
		modes = {"Single","FullAuto"};
		class Library 
		{
			libTextDesc = "$STR_LIB_M4A1";
		};
	};
class CfgVehicles {
	/*extern*/ class All;
	/*extern*/ class AllVehicles;
	/*extern*/ class Land;
	/*extern*/ class Man;
	/*extern*/ class CAManBase;
	/*extern*/ class SoldierWB;
	/*extern*/ class SoldierWG;
	/*extern*/ class SoldierWSaboteur;
	/*extern*/ class SoldierWSaboteurAssault;
	/*extern*/ class SoldierGB;
	/*extern*/ class SoldierGG;

class S63_SoldierWG: SoldierWG 
	{
		displayName = "Hi-Cap Grenadier";
		weapons[] = {"S63_M4GL", "Throw", "Put"};
		magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "S63_5Rnd_Smoke_M203", "S63_5Rnd_SmokeRed_M203"};
		respawnWeapons[] = {"S63_M4GL", "Throw", "Put"};
		respawnMagazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "S63_5Rnd_Smoke_M203", "S63_5Rnd_SmokeRed_M203"};

};
	class S63_SoldierWSaboteurAssault: SoldierWSaboteurAssault 
	{
		displayName = "Hi-cap BlackOp Grenadier";
		weapons[] = {"S63_M4A1GL", "NVGoggles", "Throw", "Put", "M9SD"};
		magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "S63_5Rnd_Smoke_M203", "S63_5Rnd_SmokeRed_M203"};
		respawnWeapons[] = {"S63_M4A1GL", "Throw", "Put"};
		respawnMagazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HE_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203", "S63_5Rnd_Smoke_M203", "S63_5Rnd_SmokeRed_M203"};
	};
	class S63_SoldierGG: SoldierGG {
		displayName = "Hi-Cap Resistance Grenadier";
		weapons[] = {"S63_M16A2GL", "Throw", "Put"};
		respawnWeapons[] = {"S63_M16A2GL", "Throw", "Put"};
	};
};
Can you let me know if you see something that might be preventing it from showing up under the Men class or under a separate one???

THX!

Spectre-63
Recruit

Post by Spectre-63 » 2007-06-24 10:34:13

BTW - I also registered at OFPEC and, for some reason, don't have the option to create a new tag. :(

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-24 14:17:27

class GrenadierPack
That shold have your tagname also as thats the addon name which is written into mission.sqm files.
class M16Muzzle
class M4Muzzle
I think these have to be changed with your tag too, but I'm not sure. You should refer to the JAM3 config file.
Can you let me know if you see something that might be preventing it from showing up under the Men class or under a separate one???
Again as I'm not good with ArmA configs yet, perhaps here is scope=public; missing on the soldier classes, I have no idea, perhaps not as I think the SoldierWG is the actual BIS grenadier. Hmm. I just dont see anything obvious.

Again I recommend you closely check the JAM3 config and use that as template.
BTW - I also registered at OFPEC and, for some reason, don't have the option to create a new tag.
Heh what a surprise. Dont worry about it, just use your tag as its so special and your should not have to worry that someone else starts to use the same.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-25 08:29:13

Noticed on the BIS forum that you're already beta testing this, if it helps, I can take a look at it and let you know if I see any errors on the config etc?

Just finished the OFP editing so ArmA dvd went into the drive... ready to work ;)

PMC since 1984

Spectre-63
Recruit

Post by Spectre-63 » 2007-06-25 08:34:59

Sure thing, Snake....PM me an e-mail I can send the file to? I don't have it hosted anywhere at the moment.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-26 04:42:19

I took a look at it and its all good, I have nothing to add there. Good work :)

PMC since 1984

Spectre-63
Recruit

Post by Spectre-63 » 2007-06-26 07:42:11

Thanks SnakeMan!

There's a couple of things I want to add...mostly graphics to help distinguish the 5 round mags from the singles. Once that's done and I've done a little MP testing it should be ready for release.

Thanks again for all your help, wouldn't have gotten done this fast without you! :)