-window mode for editing

ArmA editing, missions, modeling, textures, terrains

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

-window mode for editing

Post by Snake Man » 2007-05-13 19:47:40

I think the -window parameter which makes ArmA run in windowed mode is just great for editing. Thanks goes for granQ for the tip.

Its really nice to edit now as ArmA wont flip out the receiving... waiting time every time you do ALT-TAB, there is so far that I've seen no difference "ingame" between full screen and the windowed mode, except that the windows taskbar is visible in the bottom of the screen. Actually I'm not sure what happens if you move this taskbar to sides or top (I believe you can do that in win). This way when you edit and have to constantly jump between win explorer/text editor to do script editing or briefing writing or any task which requires you to fiddle with the files, its really easy as ArmA is very quiet and "lag free" on the background.

I highly recommend you try it. Seems like I will be doing all my editing on windowed mode from now on.

Btw I'm running 1.07 public beta with this batch file now:

Code: Select all

START "" /D"%CD%" /B "%CD%\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash -world=empty -profiles=d:\ArmA -window
If someone wonders how to run the windowed mode.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ebud
VTE Dev

Post by ebud » 2007-05-17 13:46:47

Nice, but one thing I always hated was having to restart OFP/ARMA every time I updated an addon for testing. It would have been nice if there was an option in the menu for an "addon refresh" so you could just pbo a new addon, refresh and try again.

bdfy

Post by bdfy » 2007-05-20 11:09:35

ebud wrote:It would have been nice if there was an option in the menu for an "addon refresh" so you could just pbo a new addon, refresh and try again.
yep. that'll be realy great

granQ
2nd Lt

Post by granQ » 2007-05-20 23:08:07

ebud wrote:Nice, but one thing I always hated was having to restart OFP/ARMA every time I updated an addon for testing. It would have been nice if there was an option in the menu for an "addon refresh" so you could just pbo a new addon, refresh and try again.
to some degree thats possible, running it as a folder and stuff. I never done this and don't know really how but I know you could for in OFP for some files.

But yeah it would be really neat when you try out tweaks to config like weapons behaviours and stuff.