WRPtool Conversion

ArmA editing, missions, modeling, textures, terrains

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Big_Ben
Recruit

WRPtool Conversion

Post by Big_Ben » 2007-02-21 16:56:58

I'm sorry to post a WRPtool topic here, but my question is for Armed Assault part of WRPtool. If it needs to be moved to the WRPtool forum please move it there. I also didn't see any recent AA topic on the WRPtool forum.

My question is will elevations for a map be able to be converted to go in to AA under the same setup(with some scripting changes) as it is for OFP? If so, has anyone done this for AA yet? I'd like to start converting elevations for a map that I'm working on so all I'd have to use it the textures, structures, and foilage from AA when I get it. The US doesn't have it yet, that I know of.

My second question is will the format still be OFP World File(4WVR) "WRP"?

I'm using WILBUR, and DEM type of files to get and make better looking elevations to go in to WRPtool also. Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: WRPtool Conversion

Post by Snake Man » 2007-02-21 17:15:10

Big_Ben wrote:My question is will elevations for a map be able to be converted to go in to AA under the same setup(with some scripting changes) as it is for OFP?
Maybe I dont fully understand the question, are you asking how to convert OFP wrp file to ArmA?
If so, has anyone done this for AA yet?
No new user made islands are done to ArmA yet.
My second question is will the format still be OFP World File(4WVR) "WRP"?
I heard that it will be similar, but whats changed I do not know exactly. At least the texture part as it uses now the strange layer thingy.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Big_Ben
Recruit

Post by Big_Ben » 2007-02-21 23:04:25

What I meant about the elevations was can I use WRPtool to leave out the everything from OFPR, except the elevations and then later using WRPtool with AA objects, and textures. I've got my elevations for a map that I'm going to be releasing for OFPR in the near future called Stargate Universe, but I would like to be able to convert just the elevations(when WRPtool is ready for AA)so all I would have to do is texture the map with AA textures, or user made ones. It would cut the work time in half.

This map collection is being hand done with the WRPtool alone, just so I will always know how to use everything WRPtool has to offer. It's just 2 maps, but I'm also doing it like this 2 light, 2 med. , and 2 high so everyone will be able to pick which map will run the best for them on thier PC, or laptop. I'm also going to do 2 winter ones also, but those will be later on, and it would would only be a few planets that would change to winter to add a little bit of variety.

Again Thank You Snake Man and everyone on the WRPtool team for all your time and help. Cheers!