Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Joe Labrada
1st Lt
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Where can I find ComGP's OTP?

Post by Joe Labrada » 2009-07-23 10:28:42

Hi everyone,

Where can I find ComGP's OTP: O.T.P. = One-Touch-Proggie (is auto tile MAKER)?
Cordialmente,

NOTE: Apologies my English. I use Google Translator

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Where can I find ComGP's OTP?

Post by Snake Man » 2009-07-23 11:11:44

Its not released. I have it on my hdd. It is very, let me repeat, VERY difficult to use. There are bugs and quirks you must go through to make it work, thats why I haven't uploaded it and put into wiki. Sure it makes nice work when you get all the batch files created & organized properly and so on, but it is taunting task for someone who sees the util the first time.

CATE is piece of cake compared to that :)

I emailed ComGP's last known email some months ago, nothing was replied and the email was not returned by server so it must still be valid. Do you know how to contact ComGP?

I would very much like to get this util improved and in release condition, last I spoke with ComGP he mentioned he is interested of developing it more... but now I haven't heard from him in long long time.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2009-07-23 11:45:54

I just went through the documentation and emailed him on yahoo and hotmail accounts, I also sent him a ICQ message and PM on frugals (he was last seen there 12th May 2009).

If he doesn't reply to those, then I don't know how to reach him in any other way.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Joe Labrada
1st Lt

Post by Joe Labrada » 2009-07-23 13:44:12

I have no email you. Closter ask him, I think he had a closer relationship.
Cordialmente,

Joe Labrada
1st Lt

Post by Joe Labrada » 2009-08-04 08:59:32

Fixed.

There are many steps (but simple and quick), but the two slower phases, making by hand: A) get photorealistic images (to catch Google earth) and B) cut from the textures in the image size ( in Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop) we managed to fully automated and only takes a few minutes. The whole process takes no more than 2 hours to complete with a little practice.

The method used to obtain large photorealistic areas

More on this post.
Cordialmente,

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2009-08-04 09:05:53

He has not replied to me so I think hes not in touch with the emails/forums anymore. Maybe someday he will surface, lets just hope so.

PMC since 1984

Com_gp
Colonel

Post by Com_gp » 2009-08-06 21:08:44

Hi,

I've just seen the email on the Yahoo account and I decided to surf a little bit this forums... and I've just seen this message.

About OTP (One Touch Proggie if I remember well...) I made it looooooooooong time ago, if you give me the sources (I don't think I have them anymore, maybe, but I would have to search for them) I can debug whatever you want, also I can port them to VS8 or gcc or whatever you want. Only that I'm busy as hell in real life and I spend most of the day programming... so it's not so fun for me program more whenever I arrive home.

About photoreallistic theater I've written some stuff in this other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21540&p=182453#p182453

Best regards to SM, ccc, widowmaker (if he is not MIA), Zaggy,... and all people from the good old days ;-)

PS: Mr Joe Labrada, if you are spanish you can contact me in spanish and... if not then you have to explain why did you choose spanish theater to be done... :D

Tomás

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2009-08-07 01:22:18

hey ComGP Glad to hear you :D Reallife always comes first, take care! :wink:

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2009-08-07 11:49:07

Com_gp wrote:I've just seen the email on the Yahoo account and I decided to surf a little bit this forums... and I've just seen this message.
Hey Com_gp, very nice to see you again! :D
About OTP (One Touch Proggie if I remember well...) I made it looooooooooong time ago, if you give me the sources
I have the sources here. I have rar called AutoStuffSC_24_01_2003.rar which has if I recall all of the stuff you were making in 2003. As quick overview there are dirs:

Viewer
Tools22012003\RoadMaker
Tools22012003\TileMaker
Tools22012003\TransitionMaker
Cutters
Bmpclass

As well as bunch of cpp files in the root of the rar package.
I can debug whatever you want, also I can port them to VS8 or gcc or whatever you want. Only that I'm busy as hell in real life and I spend most of the day programming... so it's not so fun for me program more whenever I arrive home.
I understand. Actually we have sort of three folded "problem" here, kind of.

1) I don't fully understand the tile making possibilities that can be achieved with the code now.
2) It would require lot of understanding on my part to document everything and put them online for download.
3) Debugging, ie developing it further is not necessary perhaps mainly because reason 1).

Heh, maybe I'm bit confusing about the scope here but hopefully that gives some idea :)

Anyways. So you are busy programmer in work and would not like to code at home. But would you be "generally" be interested of "tweaking" some of the old code (or great new one, I'm sure you are very experienced programmer now, a guru) if I can pinpoint some specific problem; for example... to make universal fartiles.pal creator from just a .bmp file?
Best regards to SM, ccc, widowmaker (if he is not MIA), Zaggy,... and all people from the good old days
Thank you for showing up in our forums once again, even just to say hello. It warms up my heart greatly to see you up and well, old friend :)

PMC since 1984

Com_gp
Colonel

Post by Com_gp » 2009-08-08 08:11:12

Snake Man wrote: I understand. Actually we have sort of three folded "problem" here, kind of.

1) I don't fully understand the tile making possibilities that can be achieved with the code now.
2) It would require lot of understanding on my part to document everything and put them online for download.
3) Debugging, ie developing it further is not necessary perhaps mainly because reason 1).

Heh, maybe I'm bit confusing about the scope here but hopefully that gives some idea :)
Hey SM, send me the .rar and I'll take a look to the application because right now I don't remember anything of it, not even what did it exactly made...

Then I will try to explain you what exactly does and what are the tile making possibilities that can be achieved with the code right now :-)

Cheers,

Tomás

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2009-08-08 09:34:05

Okay I have send you an PM about the download. Up to you but you can freely post your comments into the forum if you wish, no need to reply to the PM of the results. Maybe we slowly would start to put together a solid manual/fixes etc for the OTP package.

I mean to me its valuable piece of software, it has helped me on ODS and Nevada (so far the theaters I've made tiles with, in the future I will use it for Vietnam for sure) and surely other people would find use for it, it just needs to be cleaned up for public distribution. Manual would naturally go to our PMC Editing Wiki for safe keeping and so it can be always updated with latest info & tips.

PMC since 1984

Joe Labrada
1st Lt

Post by Joe Labrada » 2009-08-19 12:02:19

Contact established

Thanks snakeman
Cordialmente,