Hello "NOWHERE"(s)

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

marvin157th
1st Lt

Hello "NOWHERE"(s)

Post by marvin157th » 2007-10-30 14:49:48

Hey guys,

Looking at the Balkans theater I noticed that almost every single bridge, junction, and village is listed as "nowhere". Now when you look at them in TACEDIT they have a name under "TNAME" but the actual name is "nowhere".

I found a TCL script from Snakeman that writes it will remove them. Not sure I want to remove every single bridge in the Balkans, but is there a better way then adding the names for every single one?

Jody

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-30 16:25:37

There is also other topic for this here, dunno if there is any difference or other info that might help.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Hello "NOWHERE"(s)

Post by Sherlock » 2007-10-30 18:08:40

marvin157th wrote:Hey guys,

Looking at the Balkans theater I noticed that almost every single bridge, junction, and village is listed as "nowhere". Now when you look at them in TACEDIT they have a name under "TNAME" but the actual name is "nowhere".

I found a TCL script from Snakeman that writes it will remove them. Not sure I want to remove every single bridge in the Balkans, but is there a better way then adding the names for every single one?

Jody
Jody,
My opinion on this is that nonames are fine, as long as the objectives are all linked to a higher level parent. If they aren't linked (physically in the CAM file) but still name a parent that ***may*** be okay, but I haven't tested that to say for sure. To be safe, I say link them AND name a higher level parent and things should be fine then.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

marvin157th
1st Lt

Post by marvin157th » 2007-10-30 18:32:44

Sherlock,

Yes they are all linked perfectly (IMO :D) I am basically fine tuning the Balkans campaigns, thus I went through every single object in the campaigns. They are all linked, and the PAKs are now working, thus the campaigns I created are running smooth. So learning this I decided to start them all over from scratch and really fine tune. So I deleted all units, and now working on the foundations. So everything is linked and all looks well, except for the fact that they display "NOWHERE" which is strange, cause if I click on the object in the map view in TACEDIT it will display the name as well as in the TNAME field. However, the NAME field is "NOWHERE" and they display as such in the UI and campaign. :(

I could manually name them all, but HOLY COW that will take a full time job. :(

Jody

Closter
Captain

Post by Closter » 2007-11-02 16:59:26

Isn't it possible to write a script to make the content of "name" be the same of "tname" for the objectives that show a (nowhere) in that field? Not being very skilled in programming, but it seems not so hard.

marvin157th
1st Lt

Post by marvin157th » 2007-11-02 19:59:58

Yes I believe there is. SnakeMan sent me that. However, I chose to do them manually as I wanted to get rid of the duplicate bridge names. So instead I named them with a roman numeral suffix to eliminate duplicate names.

It was a long process but I managed to do it all in about 8 hours. :(

Jody