F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

New tool - Tigor 1 ?

Post by ccc » 2003-03-13 16:07:00

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: New tool - Tigor 1 ?

Post by Snake Man » 2003-03-13 16:20:00

Do not post links, post the actual item.

---

Announcing Tile Integrator 1.0 (Tigor1).
If you have installed Twaelti's new Hi Res tiles and love the new look but wish you could get rid of those pesky demarcation lines and degraded distant view in the mountains, the fields, and the ocean, Tigor1 is the solution for you. If you don't like yellow/brown snowcaps, dark blue/green rings around the base of snowcaps or square blocks of water in the Han river that sometimes result from installing the new Hi Res tiles, Tigor1 is for you. If you would like to just grab Twaelti's Hi Res tile set zips and throw them in a folder (without taking the time to unzip them) and have everything automatically installed, Tigor1 is for you.

Tile Integrator 1.0 has been designed to not only automatically install, but integrate all or some of the new Hi Res tiles (including Twaelti's new, updated city.zip) and old F4 stock tiles together into a nicely integrated landscape that you would be proud to strafe anytime. The only required Hi Res tile sets are Twaelti's forest.zip and new sea.zip. Twaelti's other Hi Res tile sets can be added if you choose. You can also add Widowmaker's TerrainTexturePatch but the Tigor beta test team does not recommend it if you are trying to achieve a seamless terrain environment. Tile Integrator 1.0 rebuilds, sizes, colorizes and integrates F4 stock and Twaelti's Hi Res tiles to produce the best integrated Falcon 4.0 terrain available today.

Here are some pictures of the results using Twaelti's current Hi Res tile set and Tigor1. I have drawn arrows on some to point out the typical demarcation line issues. I had to draw arrows because they have all but been eliminated in most cases. Also, the normal degradation of view beyond the demarcation line, that people have been experiencing when mixing the old stock F4 tiles and the Twaelti's new Hi Res tiles have been greatly reduced.

Pusan fields with Tigor1.

Brown Mountains with Tigor1.

Seoul with Tigor1.

Seoul with Twaelti's Super-Duper 2048 x 2048 Hi Res tiles and Tigor125.

Its only a matter of time!!!

I invite you to try Tile Integrator 1.0 (Tigor1) and see for yourself. I hope you won't be disappointed that you tried it out. Here are a couple of quotes from some members of the Tigor beta testing team:

"Stiletto2 has done an outstanding job in creating a very effective tile integrator, Tigor1, that makes it easy for any user to install Twaelti's great new high resolution texture tiles in one easy step. Stiletto2 has successfully removed all the pain and suffering by the user and, together with the excellent work of Twaelti brings the default scenery of Falcon 4.0 to a new level of detail and realism. "

mikewmac 3-12-2003

"Trouble-free integration of all hi-res textures and tiles, with no demarcation and palette issues!"

Mark Turner 3-12-2003

Click Here To Download Tigor1

You will find complete documentation in the release kit that includes fully detailed installation instructions, detailed notes on the few known graphic anomalies that still exist with "Tigorized" terrain and copious notes on the methodology used to accomplish the impressive result.

My thanks to Widowmaker who started this whole thing many, many months ago, Twaelti who created a modern-day F4 terrain graphics revival with his excellent Hi Res textures and to WxMan1 who developed an automated installation process and continues today to forge new ground with his tile reconstruction techniques. Since the above people were the ones that really inspired me to try some different things, I have documented in detail my approach so that it might be of use to all those either interested in or actively developing additional add-ons to improve the terrain of Falcon 4.0.

A very special thanks to Mikewmac and Mark Turner for their beta testing and overall support.

Stiletto2
---

There, all the info you need.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

acguy

Post by acguy » 2003-04-14 20:37:00

Help!
I installed Tigor1c as per from a fresh dl, with Norton AV disabled; all 10 new tile files & copied into the Tigor/tiles folder, ran 4dos & gave command line for game exe as per, let it run, then right to the end just at the "terrain plane" flies over the horizon;.........
it says, "sptins~1 generated errors & will close , see error log", that I have not located btw, It did this (3) three installs back to back.
Please help
Sincerely Stumpped!
EHDavis
lordacguy@netscape.net :?

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2003-04-22 12:07:00

Nice :eek: :eek: :eek:

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.