TCL - Auto Save.cam Issue (Cross Post )

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Peled
F4ITDG

TCL - Auto Save.cam Issue (Cross Post )

Post by Peled » 2006-02-15 23:43:00

Ok….the Thirth Campaign is done ….---Now, I'm starting the second one: Yom-kipur war ........After all ORB Reaearches….
Looking at the TCL Script For Ground units for korea , there's only 2 teams there :

#
# PMC Korea brigades and batallions
#

# variables for brigade and batallions
# controlling team
set cntrl 1

And then the battalions…blab bla bla…

And
Then comes the second team:

################# NORTH KOREA ###################

set cntrl 6
set divsn 1
set brigname 1
set bname 1
set brgtype 86
set battype 61
And bla bla bla….Battalions/brigades ….

Now...When Looking at the Korean campaign….there's the PRC & CIS Too….So…? ? ?

Is there's No possibility to get battalions /brigades etc. , to the PRC And other teams too by TCL?

Well…I'm asking that because I'm trying to get the TCL Script for Yom Kipur…there's 5 teams involved there…what I done is just making the first team in the TCL:

#
# PMC Korea brigades and batallions
#

# variables for brigade and batallions
# controlling team
set cntrl 5

And then all battalions/brigades
blab bla bla

Then the second:

################# Israel###################

set cntrl 2
set divsn 1
set brigname 1
set bname 1
set brgtype 86
set battype 61

And bla bla bla…

Now….WHAT I've Done For Egypt Jordan & Iraq , I just repeated the lines and setted the correct Team for :

################# Jordan ###################

set cntrl 4
set divsn 1
set brigname 1
set bname 1
set brgtype 86
set battype 61

And bla bla bla…all batt/brig....

################# Iraq ###################

set cntrl 3
set divsn 1
set brigname 1
set bname 1
set brgtype 86
set battype 61

And bla bla bla…all batt/brig....

Now.......

What I got ….Success…Campaign is Going Fine !...No CTD's…..BUT---The Issue become in the AutoSave.Cam…..When hitting the FLY….I'm getting CTD !...Always...

All links are ok….All Flags are ok….Everything in the Parents /Priorities is ok…Then ….I Tried to run the campaign with a TCL For only 2 Teams and everything is fine in the AutoSave.cam….So…I understand that the issue is 'cause of the TCL For 5 Teams….

Is Anyone Got a Success to run a Campaign (The Saved one too ! ) with a TCL FOR More then 2 Teams Involved ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

What I Can do to solve that ,is , Just to locate amount of Units for the DPRK Team…and Then…Go To Tacedit and change some Teams Units for Team 4,3 ,5…Is that is the ONLY thing I Can Do to solve that Issue ?

Well…..Another Option is Ofcourse to go on the Manually way For Teams 3,4,5 ….

Anyone got a Working TCL Script for Ground Units for a Campaign involved MORE then 2 Teams???.......Or Maybe that is NOT Possible At All in the TCL Method ? ? ? ? And i'm Just wasting my time on that….. :mad:

Again....Lot of Tests have been Done...I Spent 2 Days on that ,trying everything...Nothings related to Links/Flags/Etc. .....Just tell me IF That's Possible to make a TCL For more then 2 Teams Involved and How ?

Thanks

Peled.
F4ITDG-Israeli Theater Development Group (retired) .

Peled
F4ITDG

Re: TCL - Auto Save.cam Issue (Cross Post )

Post by Peled » 2006-02-19 22:51:00

In Case someone missed the Cross Post at FF Forum....Problem Solved .
Got All 5 Teams Involved in the Conflict ,Extracted by the TCL Method into the Campaign.
Brigades and Battalions are accurated with their numbers as the RL War ORB .
Divisions will be Calculated by the Campaign Engine in RL Time of the Campaign Role .
I Guess that was one of the problems , Divisions are Calculated by the Campaign Engine , RL ORB For Divisions are not taking a Part here (In Falcon4 ).
F4ITDG-Israeli Theater Development Group (retired) .