problem with procppp.pl and procae.pl for larges maps

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

problem with procppp.pl and procae.pl for larges maps

Post by Guest » 2000-09-18 07:55:00

I have a map with 2048x2048 dimensions, when execute procppp.pl and procae.pl the features files not corresponding with my map.
can help me ?

Re: problem with procppp.pl and procae.pl for larges maps

Post by Guest » 2000-09-18 20:29:00

You need to updated scripts for larger terrain features. I'll have them but they kind of overdoes a bit. I'll talk to Julian tomorrow maybe we get fixed scripts available by then.

If not, I'll post the updated scripts tomorrow to our downloads.

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-09-18 21:33:00

thanks,
I will make a map with 10x10 dem and works fine. when i probe new map with 20x20 dem this map not work files features. i wait the updates files thanks.

Sorry for my english :P

Post by Guest » 2000-09-21 06:09:00

http://www.pmctactical.org/f4/downloads/range40.zip

There is the new scripts for you, those are NOT the fixed ones (never got around to ask fix for them yet). They work just the same as the old ones, except you need to use new parameter "-range=40" in it.

./procppp.pl -range=40 -long=XX.X -lat=XX.X ROAD etc etc

here is the example screenshot of the "overdone" problem. However it does not effect tiling work in any way, its just funny looking...

http://www.pmctactical.org/f4/screensho ... ange40.jpg

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-09-21 13:29:00

Thanks for the scripts works perfectly!!.

I have a problem with creation of TE maps images into falcon4, the TE maps are displaying black. The problem is for use a large map?. I make two files, one of 2048x2048 and another 172x172 TGA files with vertical flip, after using TGA2RES.Pl for generate .idx and rsc.

Another cuestion, I used your Vietman Theatre as example, updating with my files but have doubts:
the file vietman.idx in art/campaign what is?

Post by Guest » 2000-09-21 13:40:00

> The problem is for use a large map?

At the moment I dont know how to create larger TE/campaign/Instant map images.

> the file vietman.idx in art/campaign what is?

Dont worry about that, vietnam.idx in campaign/save dir is generated by Tacedit. and the vietnam-big.idx or vietnam-small.idx in art/resource dir is generated by tga2res.pl - these files are something you dont need to edit. they just "are there" :)

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-09-21 14:35:00

Ok, snake man thanks and very speed :)).

When i finished the basic instalation, i will start with the tiling (another world :P). I wait news for
creation TE images for larges maps.

Post by Guest » 2000-09-21 15:00:00

one cuestion, how you make instant.cam for your vietnam theatre?

Post by Guest » 2000-09-21 16:23:00

btw I suggest when you start tiling, do first the "auto-stuff" menu's "Compute Tile Features". This will auto-tile your whole map but it dont do very good job, you still have to tile normally to make it look good. It just is nice to see the roads/rivers/cities which are in their correct locations, of course you could have FOREST river on farmland which dont look too good. Anyway I recommend doing that first so the theater's terrain will look "whole".

> how you make instant.cam for your vietnam theatre?

Load your normal te_new.tac with tacedit. then Export Objectives. Ok then restart and load Instant.cam and Import Objectives == Voila! you have Instant action file ready to go with the same airbases/targets placed as you have in the te_new.tac file. Its so easy.

PMC TFW
Snake Man