Can I add aeroplanes to campaigns through F4browse??

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Can I add aeroplanes to campaigns through F4browse??

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-10-10 12:20:00

Hello guys. I was wondering whether I can add aeroplanes to existing campaigns through F4browse?? I have added some more weapons to the F-16 arsenal but I want to add some aeroplanes to campaigns such as the SU-33 and some others. I know that I can edit these aeroplanes but I am not sure whether I can add aeroplanes through this program. I am asking for any information concerning this matter. Thanks guys!!
:) :) :)

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

Cooler69
2nd Lt

Re: Can I add aeroplanes to campaigns through F4browse??

Post by Cooler69 » 2002-10-10 14:11:00

Use Tacedit.
Cooler
F4UT Dev Member - Voice Group

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-10-15 11:26:00

quote:Originally posted by Cooler69:
Use Tacedit.
Do you know how I can do so?? I have absolutely no clue on how to add aeroplanes from tacedit. Everyone is recommending this so that I can add some aeroplanes more but I really have no idea on how to do so. Could someone please help me here by guiding me on how I can do this???

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

Cooler69
2nd Lt

Post by Cooler69 » 2002-10-15 12:14:00

Unfortunately, I don't really have time, but all the information you need is in Chris' Campaign Creation Doc in the downloads section. http://www.pmctactical.org/f4/downloads ... n_rev2.zip
Cooler

Cooler69
2nd Lt

Post by Cooler69 » 2002-11-21 16:22:00

Nice language. The forums are also for pointing people in the right direction when it is documented somewhere else. Learn to RTFM. :p
Cooler

Widowmaker
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by Widowmaker » 2002-11-24 17:04:00

If you dont wanna hear RTFM goto Frugals.
In in here you read the manuals, and then ask what you did not understand on a particular subject. I know all is a bit much
in the beginning, but using search function in wordpad and using tacedit help function should get you on the way.

some Golden rules for editing

-Have a Backup Instal
-Try to know in wich dir the editor you are using is active so you only have to replace this dir when something goes wrong.
tacedit -campaign/save
terrainview -terradata/korea/terrain
f4browse -terradata/objects
-read the manual of the particular editor you are using :)

as for adding a squad this I found in a manual on this forum

Adding a Land-Based Squadron

To add a land-based squadron first choose the airbase then note it in the map view. Select the “Insert” menu then the “Add Unit” function.

From the resulting dialogue box select Squadron from the New drop-down and a list of squadron types will become available in the Type drop-down. For example, if an F16 squadron is to be created, select the first “Fighter” selection from the “Type” drop-down menu. Next select F16C from the “Sub-Type” drop down menu then a list of the aircraft available to that squadron will be displayed in the box below.

To complete the addition click on OK and use the small dialogue box that will appear with a list of the available airbases in the theater. Select the airbase noted at the start of the process and click on OK. The properties dialogue box for squadrons will appear. This is very similar to the naval properties dialogue box described previously.

Base Object Tab (functionality is the same where indicated)

Class ID: Same as naval.
Class: Same as naval.
Type: Same as naval although it is Fighter in this case.
Owner: Same as naval.
Domain: Same as naval but in this case set to AIR.
Sub-Type: Same as naval.
F4 ID: Same as naval.
X ID: Same as naval.
Flags: Same as naval.
X: Same as naval.
Y: Same as naval.
Z: Same as naval.
Spotted: Same as naval.
Spot Time: Same as naval.

Note: The X/Y coordinates should match those of the airbase to which the squadron is assigned.

Unit Properties

Unit Name: Same as naval but in this case the squadron name is mapped to a table of real names. If a real name is found for that number then it is used throughout the UI. If the number can’t be mapped to a name then a default Xth fighter squadron name is used.

Waypts: Same as naval but not used for squadrons.

CurWP: Same as naval but not used for squadrons.

Cargo ID: Same as naval.

Dest X: Same as naval.

Dest Y: Same as naval.

Last Time: Same as naval.

Target ID: Same as naval.

Reinf: Same as naval.

Losses: Same as naval.

Unit Flags: Same as naval together with the properties on the underlying dialogue when the button is selected.

Moved: Same as naval.

Roster: Same as naval.

Tactic: Same as naval.

Squadron Tab

AA Kills: This is a field for counting the number of Air-to-Air kills achieved by this squadron. Normally this would not be set to zero prior to campaign commencement.

AG Kills: This is a field for counting the number of Air-to-Ground kills achieved by this squadron on ground units. Normally this would not be set to zero prior to campaign commencement.

AN Kills: This is a field for counting the number of Naval kills achieved by this squadron. Normally this would not be set to zero prior to campaign commencement.

AS Kills: This is a field for counting the number of Air-to-Ground kills achieved by this squadron on static targets (features). Normally this would not be set to zero prior to campaign commencement.

Mission Score: This is a rating score for the squadron based on various performance parameters counted throughout missions (exact calculation methodology unknown). It could also be related to individual flights/packages only.

Fuel: The amount of fuel (possibly in lbs.) that the squadron has at the beginning of the campaign.

Mission Flown: This field is a record of the number of missions flown.

Rating: Unknown but probably denotes various ratings assigned during the squadrons lifetime in the campaign. It is possibly used for calculating the Mission Score or as a result of several flights’ mission scores.

Specialty: This denotes whether the squadron gets tasked Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground or a mixture of both mission types by the ATO generating code. It is also displayed in the UI when selecting a squadron to fly for. It is unknown whether there are addition settings for special squadrons such as AWACS and Tankers.

Airbase ID: This should already be filled in based on the Airbase selected in the previous dialogue but it is the OCD for the airbase objective if not. The airbase details can be examined by clicking the Airbase ID button.

Hot Spot: Unknown

Squad Patch: A number related to a lookup table for the squadron’s emblem, which is used throughout the UI.

Pilot Lost: A record of the number of pilots lost (this is assumed to be MIA and KIA at this time) since the campaign’s commencement.

There are three additional buttons on this page:

Pilots: Brings up a list of pilots assigned to the squadron including various details.

Stores: Brings up a list of the weapons that the squadron has at the beginning of the campaign.

Schedule: Unknown
Widmak

Widowmaker
Lt. General

Post by Widowmaker » 2002-11-24 22:57:00

quote:Originally posted by The Edge:
Thank You. :D
wow!
well wherever 'just as naval' is typed you have to look up the values in the 'Add Naval Units' part of that same manual.

and here you can get the manual http://www.pmctactical.org/f4/downloads ... n_rev2.zip

/widmak
Widmak

Snowman
Recruit

Post by Snowman » 2002-11-25 21:06:00

Gee Widmak - Isn't that the same link Cooler posted? ;) (and a long winded way to say RTFM?)

Cooler69
2nd Lt

Post by Cooler69 » 2002-11-26 00:24:00

Never assume you have the right to end a discussion ;)
quote:Butcher raises some very interesting issues. I personally believe he/she deserves a better reply than I can't be arsed. If you can't be arsed, don't reply.
All of the issues raised are answered in the document I gave the link to. For the record, I never said I can't be arsed, I said I do not have time. That was true then, as I was at work at the time, and it is true now as I need to get to bed.

If you can be arsed to search this forum, you will find many examples of me giving help to others.

BTW - I am probably more Northern than you have ever been but I never felt it was relevant.
Cooler

Widowmaker
Lt. General

Post by Widowmaker » 2002-11-26 16:09:00

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Snowman:
Gee Widmak - Isn't that the same link Cooler posted? :)

but yes Read the Manuals or get flamed .. thats my motto.

/widmak
Widmak

Widowmaker
Lt. General

Post by Widowmaker » 2002-11-26 16:10:00

quote:Originally posted by The Edge:
My dad's bigger than your dad. I should take up fishing coz the fish's keep taking the bait. happy hunting. :D :D :D P.S. I'm from Bournemouth. :eek:
Another motto is be constuctive or be gone...

/widmak
Widmak

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2002-11-26 18:34:00

Ok enough.

If you guys want to continue this kind of posting, I suggest you head into the other forums like delphi.

I hate when our geeky technical mumbo jumbo nerd forum is filled with normal chatter. Stop it now.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-11-27 12:57:00

[quote]quote:Originally posted by The Edge:
Ok, Apologies. :p :p

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

Widowmaker
Lt. General

Post by Widowmaker » 2002-11-27 18:20:00

hehe

well it was not as much your question at all
it was The Edge triggering some bad sentiments by Demanding answers.
but he apologized.. so I guess thats settles it :)

/widmak
Widmak