Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Falcas
Recruit
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Missions

Stop AAA and SAMs from moving

Post by Falcas » 2003-03-30 09:27:00

Hello All,

I have a small problem, I have placed some AAA on airfields and highwaystrips. But after starting the campaign, some of the units start to move away from there station. I check where they are going and they have been ordered to protect some other objects like a factory ect.

Does anybody know how to stop AAA and SAMs from moving or give them the oder to protect an object that you can assign them to?

I am using TLC scripting to place the units. What works very good I must say!!! :D I have seen that in the create.airdefense.... file the units are give "Orders 9". Is there a list what these orders do?

Thx Falcas

Cooler69
2nd Lt

Re: Stop AAA and SAMs from moving

Post by Cooler69 » 2003-03-31 12:29:00

Best to look at one of the units with Tacedit. On the Ground Page tab for the AAA unit, you will see an Associated Object ID (AObj), Orders drop down and Division no.

The orders should be set to "Air Defense" which is the first entry in the list. The AObj should be the VU ID of the objective you want.

"Air Defense" is the first entry in the Orders drop-down so I'm not sure if that means it is 0 or 1 in TCL.
Cooler
F4UT Dev Member - Voice Group

Falcas
Recruit

Post by Falcas » 2003-03-31 19:46:00

Hello Cooler,

I have found the codes for programming wit TLC (just by trying)

Air Defense 9
Airborne 4
Assault 3
Capture 1
Commando 5
Defend 6
Radar Ops 11
Recon 10
Repair 8
Reserve 0
Secure 2
Support 7

So I gave all my Air defense the order Air Defense and they at positioned at the Airbases.

After letting the Campaign go for a while (a few min), some start to move again. I check in TACedit in the Unit/Ground Page and now they are moving to Ports, Factory's ect.... The Aobj has changed somehow. I'll start looking in the TRI file then.

Gr Falcas

Cooler69
2nd Lt

Post by Cooler69 » 2003-04-02 10:00:00

Hi. The allocated object will be changed if new orders are sent (by brigade etc.).

Are you sure that before the campaign started, the AObj of the units were correct? - i.e. that even though they were placed on the airbase, their AObj must be the ID of that airbase.

Also - try to make sure there is only one unit placed on the airbase, otherwise I think this causes problems.
Cooler
F4UT Dev Member - Voice Group

Falcas
Recruit

Post by Falcas » 2003-04-03 17:32:00

Hi Cooler,

Yes I have place more than 1 battalion on a airbase. Why would that be a problem? Is it known that they will start to move then?

I'm trying to build a better airdefense for Airbases and Highway strips. I want to have AAA, a patriot and a Hawk garding an Airbase. For a Highway strip it would be nice to have a Stinger squad to defend it.

I have made sure that they are not place directly on an Airbase, by taking the X/Y of the airbase and add or substract 1.

How about putting a battalion on a certain X/Y and place them there and keep them there? Wil they move?

Gr Falcas

Falcas
Recruit

Post by Falcas » 2003-04-03 18:27:00

Hello again,

I have changed the camapign to check if it works. Only 1 Patriot on an Airbase and 1 on a Highway strips. Checked if the Aobj was ok and they are. Also switched to defense as you said.

The battlions stayed on the Airbases, but moved away from the Highwaystrips :-(

So I run a test with only Patriots on Highway strips. I can't get them to stay where I want them.

I saved the campaign and then check the with TacEdit. The Aobj got changed to something else.....

Why?