Problem or Glitch?

Balkans theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Nightmare

Problem or Glitch?

Post by Nightmare » 2002-09-11 13:22:00

I was flying the first campaign. Fist flight of F16-CJ's out of Sarajevo International on a sweep. Immediately after getting airborne with my flight (2 on my wing, 3 in the air, 4 rolling on the runway) I was engaged defensive by a MIG 29. I locked him up and told my flight to engage targets. 2,3 and 4 fired AIM 120's at the incomming boges. I was able to evade successfully the incomming missile and 2 went defensive. 3 and 4 continued to engage the MIG 29's. I started to rejoin 3 and 4 and had 2 rejoin as well after evasive maneuvers. 3 and 4 were approximately 20 miles ahead of me at angles 6. As one MIG was downed and the other defensive, I ordered 3 and 4 to rejoin. I received a roger from 4 but not from 3. I again asked 3 and 4 to rejoin and only 4 answered. No matter what I did, I counld not get a response from 3. I used the 8 key to cycle through friendly aircraft and saw that 3 was frozen in the air in a 30 degree climb in full AB. No damage, no response, just frozen in the air with no movement. I continued my flight to see what would happen to 3 and there was no change in his status.

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Re: Problem or Glitch?

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-09-11 13:31:00

quote:Originally posted by Nightmare:
I was flying the first campaign. Fist flight of F16-CJ's out of Sarajevo International on a sweep. Immediately after getting airborne with my flight (2 on my wing, 3 in the air, 4 rolling on the runway) I was engaged defensive by a MIG 29. I locked him up and told my flight to engage targets. 2,3 and 4 fired AIM 120's at the incomming boges. I was able to evade successfully the incomming missile and 2 went defensive. 3 and 4 continued to engage the MIG 29's. I started to rejoin 3 and 4 and had 2 rejoin as well after evasive maneuvers. 3 and 4 were approximately 20 miles ahead of me at angles 6. As one MIG was downed and the other defensive, I ordered 3 and 4 to rejoin. I received a roger from 4 but not from 3. I again asked 3 and 4 to rejoin and only 4 answered. No matter what I did, I counld not get a response from 3. I used the 8 key to cycle through friendly aircraft and saw that 3 was frozen in the air in a 30 degree climb in full AB. No damage, no response, just frozen in the air with no movement. I continued my flight to see what would happen to 3 and there was no change in his status.
I have has a similar problem in another theater. Suddenly my aeroplane would just freeze as if in pause mode and the only way to continue was to pause and un-pause. I don't know if this is the same problem you are facing. Also I have had similar experience when friendly pilots ignore orders. I don't know what the exact problem is but it could very well be a slight problem since this is a very recent theater and problems will almost certainly appear. I haven't faced a similar problem in this theater yet.

Butcher_ss
Butcher_ss.

Washout
LeadPursuit

Re: Problem or Glitch?

Post by Washout » 2002-09-12 14:11:00

Hi

It could be something in the CJ's data files causing the issues as I think the most worked on version is the CG IIRC. Have you got a save game where the problem can be replicated as it could be of interest to the F4UT data guys.

BTW - There should be updates for most if not all the other F16 variants that are in the database for SP4. So the problem maybe resolved there anyway.

Later

Chris
Chris "Washout" Carter
F4 Balkans Terrain Team
CO: The Vulture Squadron