ROKAF in Balkans??

Balkans theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Butcher_ss
Colonel

ROKAF in Balkans??

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-09-11 13:11:00

I chose a squadron of F-16s in one of the three Balkan campaigns and after I got prepared for a mission and entered the mission, to my suprise, my F-16 had a ROKAF skin which is really a fame. Als there was a similar event in Korea2005 where Squadrons that are supposed to belong to the USAF have the ROKAF skin. I don't mind this but I have noticed that ROKAF planes receive only certain types of missions. For example in Korea2005 there was not a single SEAD Strike mission although at the beginning of the campaign the pointer on SAM Suppression is in the middle but I haven't had a single SEAD Strike mission. Most of the had been strike missions. As for the Balkans matter I think is a shame because, sorry guys for this, it is a rookie's mistake. I don't think that the matter cannot be resolved or be repeated again.
Butcher_ss.

Cooler69
2nd Lt

Re: ROKAF in Balkans??

Post by Cooler69 » 2002-09-11 18:08:00

There are a couple of different issues here.

The current Balkans release does not include any aircraft skins. The skin assigned to a squadron is dependant on the squad no. IIRC. Therefore, squadrons in Balkans will be messed up until this is dealt with in a future update.

The type of mission allocated to a squadron depends on the speciality of that squadron and is nothing to do with what skin it has. You can see the speciality of the squad on the selection map when starting/re-joining the campaign.

The types of target attacked depends on many factors including the target slider priorities, PAK areas, strike aircraft availability, stores availability etc.
Cooler
F4UT Dev Member - Voice Group

Washout
LeadPursuit

Re: ROKAF in Balkans??

Post by Washout » 2002-09-12 14:15:00

Hi Butcher

Colin is right there are no specific Balkans skins included with this release.

I took the decision not to include any as the skinners are really busy working on new models, it would be unfair to get skins made which will have to be redone in a few weeks for SP4 and those that were in the old Balkans v1.0 release were no longer compatible.

However they are being worked on so will appear in a future update.

Later

Chris
Chris "Washout" Carter
F4 Balkans Terrain Team
CO: The Vulture Squadron