BMS -Korea Old aircraft - RF cam - winnable.

Korea theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

BMS -Korea Old aircraft - RF cam - winnable.

Post by ccc » 2011-10-22 02:18:28

I am in the middle of RF cam.. in case i forget something later, i post my impression in advance..

- Day 1 is the toughest day. bulky Red GUs crossed DMZ. the GU ratio, red to blue is 6000:3000.
- on Day 1 2330, the DMZ stablized for Blue side, then turn cosolidation. blue launched major offensive on Day 2, tho no obvious advancement noted, probably due to massive remaining red GUs along north side of DMZ.
- lots BAI/CAS/interdiction missions generated for A-7.. yeah i like it -tons of ammo load, act like A-10 nowaday.
- F-5E also work very hard on AG.
- US carrier wings in japan sea did launch flights and join A-G strikes. however i noted the ammo store is very limited..porbably setting or DB issue, many ac have very limited ammo load, most AG ammo in stock are OUT.. so carrier-based A-7 can not have full load ammo.
- F-100 won't take full load AG weapons.. probably DB issue.
- i noted many old ac won't load drop tanks.. the only one loads drop tanks is A-4.
- i checked the AG weapon parameter in BMS DB, most values are ok or similar to other falcon versions..but i "feel" the killing power or blast radius effect is much lowered, wierd. Thus i've to place CCIP aiming point close to target.. even with cluster type weapon. again, i rarely see "vehicle damaged" in debrief..in the past i can "damage" a lot of ground vehicles and turn the GU into defensive or retreat, to help relieving front line( with trick i can stop many advancing GUs in one sortie) , now i've to "destroy" to stop their move. one by one.
- FWIW blue side is on its way to win, blue GUs moved along several routes toward north and captured several red AFBs. now the GU force ratio is 1:1, both are around 3000. minimal red air activities, and blue has more air reinforcement.
- i hope there could be code change to increase " Search and Destroy " sorties..current ATO only generates BAI/interdiction/CAS when blue GUs encounter red GUs ( atively or passively).. the more aggressive move should be S an D.
Last edited by ccc on 2011-10-26 07:48:12, edited 1 time in total.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: BMS -Korea old aircraft - RF

Post by ccc » 2011-10-25 07:58:05

- from the force level diagram i noted Red GU has two waves of reinforcement in this cam..which significantly slow down the Blue advancing. More AG missions were generated to counter SPG and armoured GUs.

- compared with previous cam test, it takes noticably longer time to wipe out DMZ Red GUs, and the Blue offensive is not that smooth as before. On Day 4 1530 Blue GUs captured Wonson and finally approached south P'yongyang. i expected the war could be ended on Day 5.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2011-10-26 03:06:55

well.. the war did not end on Day 5.. it's Day 6 now.

- to my surprise, the cam acts more like my old falcon experience..cam AI switched its ground war priority from P'yongyang to Haeju, Sariwon, then Hamhung, led to more aggressive Blue GU maneuvor. Blue GUs captured most SW part of DPRK land, and approached Hamhung, NE of Woson. while those close to south P'yongyang became static or refused to enter P'yongyang city area.

- US carrier group launched A-7 CAS/interdiction flights frequently, to support the Hamhung area.. but ran short of AG ammo. sometimes A-7 only carried two naplam, or six rocket pods. all rest ammo out. The land-based A-7 also ran short of ammo..they loaded few clusters and mostly rocket pods.

- F-5 sq were not active in later days of war. instead F-100 sq were quite active for AG missions.

- though Red GU level down to around 1000, they threw all PRC reinforcement to defend p'yongyang.. that's why the war keep running. more than 20 red GUs arrived at north P'yongyang..some PRC armoured GUs ran thru the city area and broke thru blue front line..very impressive. i took a ride in A-7 to provide CAS..just to witness hot ground war there.. gun smoke, explosions, and burning smoke trails spreading over south P'yongyang. Joint air-land op stopped the sprearhead of red counterstrike..but there're 15+ Red GUs incoming! I think it's the last climax of the cam..once done, the war ends.

- Apart from PRC reinforcement, there're few remaining DPRK infantry GUs moving along inland moutain trails, east to west, trying to join the battle of P'yongyang. ATO kept sending interdiction flights to stop them..too bad mostl ac short of dumb bombs or clusters.. just loaded rocket pods! the score is not good.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2011-10-26 07:48:38

Blue won the war on Day6 1715, by capturing P'yongyang.
The blue GUs heading toward Hamhung did not reach their goal.

- the bulky PRC GUs moved south along west side of P'yongyang city and made hot contact with blue GUs, i highjacked some F-4C to help.. F-4C sq is mostly tasked AA mission, but sq store got lots AG ammo. the joint air-land op last more than 6 hours, and finally neutralized Red counterstrike around P'yongyang.

to sum up, this cam is obviously tougher than TS cam.. if Red side could have more PRC GU reinforcement, the war could last even longer- and tougher. of course, one more Carrier group stationed in yellow sea could effectively counter the PRC reinforcement.

BTW i didn't notice CIS reinforecement around Hamhung area.