BMS4:Korea Old Aircraft-TS cam- winnable.

Korea theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

BMS4:Korea Old Aircraft-TS cam- winnable.

Post by ccc » 2011-10-17 02:48:27

Blue wins the cam on Day 3 1815, by capturing P'yongyang.
sliders unchanged.

- an easy cam, all GUs move pretty well, multiple routes toward their goals.
the GUs did their job well, first took Kokusan, then Wonson, then P'yongyang.
- an US carrier group showed up in Japan sea around Day 2.. but the carrier-based squadrons hardly generate any flights.. the naval wings provide little help in this cam.
- probably DB issue, i found old ac have difficulities using AGM-12 and cluster bombs. they just bring those weapons back home, in 2d war. In contrast, all dumb bombs are deployed.
- i've not checked DB yet.. just feel the bombs are not that effective as before.
for dumb bombs, you've to drop it very very close to target to kill. the cluster type bombs are much less effective too. In debrief page, i rarely see "vehicle damaged by XX bomb"..which means the collateral damage/effective radius is smaller?
- lots fun lying in F-5E/F-8/F-4 dogfighting against mig19/21. mig19/21 are good turning fighters, i found they always extend their flaps during circle fight.. F-5E with flaps dropped and AB lited, it can match the two red fighters.
F-8 with flaps dropped and AB lited, it can outturn the two!! i wonder if real pilots tilt the mainwing+drop flaps during circle fight.. i just achieve several gun kills with this trick.
F-4B/C/D..never go into circle fight with Mig19/21.. just can't outturn them. you need vertical maneuvor, speed, shoot first, teamwork/tactics to fire winders, or AB to shake mig19s.
- most AG missions are done with dumb bombs.. i prefer to attack red GUs staying in static line..CCIP aiming, more kills. when GUs in motion and spreading out..the score is really bad.
- no CTD thru the cam.

and last - i assumed BMS4 got F-86 in DB..the "Korea Old Aircraft theater" has a selection logo with sabres on it.