BMS4 Tiger spirit campaign - winnable.

Korea theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

BMS4 Tiger spirit campaign - winnable.

Post by ccc » 2011-09-26 09:26:56

This one is the easiest cam, blue GUs captured p'yongyang on Day 3, 1045, then the victory vid played.
the blue GUs also captured one Wonson political spot, but the other Wonson political spot remained red.

random impressions..

- BMS4 is quite stable thru the campaign in 2d or 3d world. i flew continuous missions, joined different ac/sq, or watched 2d war with 16x time compression.. all ran pretty well. the only one CTD was flying A10 in 3d world..just once.

- the TS cam ran smoothly -as good as old-day falcon. i mean, most blue GUs can move across DMZ, advance toward their assigned targets. the cam AI ordered GUs to advance north along 4-5 N-S routes, all reached their goals.
when blue GUs approaching Wonson, i noted bulky Red reinforecemnet GUs moving fast to engage..from p'yongyng to Wonson. then when blue GUs approaching P'yongyang, the remaining red GUs were too few to hold the capital.
i don't know if the total GU quantity is changed.. just feel the GU number seems fewer.

- terrain looks great - the far ridge line is amazing. sun light, sea reflection, NVG granular effect.. all bring the old theater a flesh feeling. the water reflection effect at sea/river/lake is exclusively dazzling..but FPS drops when viewing at this reflection.

- new FM code brings big impact to simming. the PIO effect makes flying and fighting much harder in F16 and other ac. the challenge is using non-guidance weapons like gun, rocket, and dumb bomb CCIP mode..i've to treat my flightstick gently, and set up a steady attack/track flight path paitently. During may cam test, flying non-FBW A10 became a tough job, and strafing is even harder due to unstable flight path. my strafing kills are much much fewer in BMS4.

- carrier-based F-18C/D sq did not fly much AG missinos..most are AA sorties.

- rocket aiming reticle works, i scored some kill with LAU rocekts. i've not seen AI firing rocket or strafing in 3d world.

- i checked the TRI file of TS.. it has several triggers for victory..the major one seems capturing key political spots south of P'yongyang-Wonson line.. it may explain why East coast blue GUs fail to capture both Wonson spots and keep movig north. In the TRI of Rolling fire cam, blue GUs have to capture Hamhung..NE of Wonson.. i expected there would be some hot contact with CIS forces.

- i like the bigger window for event movies. but - i miss the small strategic map in 2d UI..the flashing red dots.
aslo the campaign selection UI has no "campaign background discription" .