FF5.5.3 Korea 2012/Korea 1983 cam test - winnable

Korea theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

FF5.5.3 Korea 2012/Korea 1983 cam test - winnable

Post by ccc » 2010-12-30 03:32:00

default settings.

- the war ended on Day 2 1505. very easy.
- The ending war event is capturing Wonson OR P'yongyang. i highjacked flights to wipe out red GUs along the route to Wonson.. so blue GUs easily reached Wonson on day 2.
- the ground offensive maneuvor toward P'yongyang is much slower..even tho i've cleared all red GUs there.
- i do a test - change ending war event to "capturing Wonson AND P'yongyang", run a saved cam file.. well, the ground op kept aiming at Wonson-tho Blue already capture it. the ground op just won't re-target P'yongyang. i should start a fresh cam to test the new TRI.
- for unknown reason, i've slightly more successive flights in this cam.
- F-16A can carry 12 CBU-58.. seems a bit overloaded. i like to highjack it for ground pounding.
- overall GU fluidity..in the begining it looks pretty good - then down to 2-3 movable GUs in following days. many GUs become "defend or secure obj= static". Increasing GU quanity may help the fluidity of ground war.

molnibalage
Colonel
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Modeling

Re: FF5.5.3 Korea 2012/Korea 1983 cam test - winnable

Post by molnibalage » 2010-12-30 09:36:24

All campaign before mid '90s should be flown that you turn off every markings - except NAV ponint and maybe FLOT display - on HSD. Now, it will be a bit different.

Since FF4 the 2D modeling values are strongly changed. AG weapon are much accurate in 2D world as they were. (I printed out the whole DB and I compared them.)
This is also true for SAMs. It is much less likely that flight cannot destroy a target - even with dumb bombs - and SAM cannot shoot any attacker . The result seems to me quite pre determined because of modeling values.

Other cause can be that some SAM do do engage targets in 2D world or does it very rarely.

(I cannot fix these in MolnyFalcon.)
Core 2 Duo E7300, Gigabyte EP43, 4 GB RAM (1066MHz), Shappire Radeon HD4850 1GB