FF5.5.3 Eurowar/Op:Eurowar campaign test

Korea theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

FF5.5.3 Eurowar/Op:Eurowar campaign test

Post by ccc » 2010-12-03 02:53:33

I can't remember which campaign in Eurowar theater ATM, probably the thrid - it's the one Blue has [Rafale M/SE/F-4K/E2C+carrier] at SK west coast and [AV-8B+carrier] at SK East coast.. iron fortress-type layout -( priority is protecting Pusan).

The cam ended on Day 11, 00:00. i checked TRI file, dunno why it ended at this date/time.. new report just said "DPRK surrendered to Allied force", and the war clock stopped. no ending movie played.

FWIW, this cam is not fully working..
- first, known CTD bugs. when i getting close to GU bubbles, it CTD in 3d.. sounds like loading items/de-aggregation hiccups/data overflow. if i re-enter the sim to the same place, sometimes it passes the "hiccup", and i can do A-G job.
- unable to fly successive missions- known issue. when hitting commit button, it frequently freeze at yellow screen. memory overflow?
- two movie clips played every 5 cam minuties- first clip is [blue on offensive], followed by [blue on defensive]. probably TRI issue, campaign AI can not determine the posture of ground war.. blue GU failed to make any solid, constant major offensive thru 11-day war.. just held their positions from Red offensive.
- mismatch in 2d/3d war performance. in 2d war, Rafale/EF2k can not wipe out mig21/old bombers easily.. in 3d world, they do good job, no survivors. probably score value issue.
- AV-8 unable to start from carrier - they just sit on sea level.
- during the later days of war, the GU vehicles can not be wiped out completely. for example, i destroyed all GU vehicles in 3d world, back to to 2d map and find it left few vehicles.. i highjacked an ac to hit the remaining ones - can not find them, or the vehicle quantity is fewer than 2d map shown. probably another 2d/3d mismatch- all remaining vehicles do not show up in 3d world.
- CIS/yellow-color aircrafts recognized as hostile, but Blue ac react to them passively. Blue ac won't actively engage CIS ac, and the kill score is not listed in debriefing. sounds like a nation-relationship bug.
- Mirage-2000D is mostly tasked with AA missions - with two or four IRAAMs. Super Etandard also tasked with AA missions. role score bug.

Of course i knew this cam is just a showcase of european ac..just to say..visually it's cool. CTDs are frustrating. and.. you don't have to worry about ground war - beacuse Blue can hold their positions very well - you definitely win.
The result is totally different from default/other versions of iron fortress cams, which Red is much more aggressive and can capture Pusan for an end.

To sum up, you can "enjoy" flying various european ac without affecting the result of war.
Last edited by ccc on 2010-12-04 08:18:48, edited 1 time in total.

Hustler
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: FF5.53 Eurowar campaign test - Winnable.

Post by Hustler » 2010-12-03 20:08:12

ccc,

I read this post and considered not responding. However, you carry some status on these forums and so your post may have weight with members here. Let me start by clearly stating this is not a personal attack on you, but instead I'm simply stating some questions and concerns I have about your methods and posted findings.

What version of FreeFalcon were you flying, FF5.5.3 or an earlier version?

What are your computer and OS specs? Especially the gfx card.

Prior to your 'test' did you have Eurowar selected, exit Falcon and relaunch? This ensures that the Eurowar DB is loaded and not another.

You ran a test, you posted the results for all to read, but you don't know or remember which of the 3 campaigns it was you flew?

You don't say how you conducted this test. Did you run at 4X, 8X, 16X? You stated you played, how much?

Is this a stock install?

Did you change anything in F4Patch or config?

In Campaign what was your Challenge Rating? What were your Force Ratio sliders set to?

Was 'set by HQ" checked, or did you manage the Campaign?

If you managed the Campaign, what strategy did you employ? Did you manage the PAK's?

You post allot here about looking at files such as the TRI file. This leads people to believe that you know how to read them.

I know what Campaign you were flying, so I have looked at the TRI file and here is the entry:

// Event #15
// Stalemate
//
#IF_BORDOM_HOURS 240
#PLAY_MOVIE 114
#DO_EVENT 15
#END_GAME 15
#ENDIF

How could you have missed this? The game ended at 240 hours, which is 0900 of day 11, as you reported, because a significant event didn't take place. You do know how to read these, correct?

Your reported CTD bug...really? No one on our forum is having any CTD due to a cam file. Where are your crash logs? Did you post them at FF? Your summation of "sounds like loading items/de-aggregation hiccups/data overflow" is based on what? You must be looking at your own crash logs and then looking that up in the code. Oh wait..you don't have the code. So all this is just a wild assed guess?

Your inability to fly successive missions sound like you have VISTA and nVidia, but we don't know, because you haven't said. If so this is a known issue, you end your mission, you exit FF, you re-enter and your good to go.

The two movies playing are triggered by a GU setting in 1 spot and not moving. But you conclude, "probably TRI issue, campaign AI can not determine the posture of ground war". What lead you to that conclusion? It is obviously wrong.

You end your "report" with this; "Mirage-2000D is mostly tasked with AA missions - with two or four IRAAMs. Super Etandard also tasked with AA missions. role score bug". You state we have a bug. What if I told you that both of these planes have only one role, and that is CAP, and the Mirage only has IRAAM's in its load out. This sentence is just another clear example of someone jumping to the wrong conclusions, stating things that read like facts but are clearly just guess's, and possibly professing to know more than he really does.

I'm always thrilled to read any post that will help me make FF better. I come here for that very reason. But when someone posts a report on something negative concerning FF that is filled with so much 'bad data', they should be prepared to have to defend that post and give me facts.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2010-12-04 05:31:57

you are too serious about this post.
Don't treat it as tough as an official b-test report, just sharing personal gaming impression.

run FF5.5.3 fresh, the thrid eurowar theater/op eurowar. ALL default settings.
the goal is to fly and check new features, and see if cam can run to an end.
-------------------------
2 processor(s), type 586.
4063 MBytes physical memory.
Version: Falcon 4.0 - Version 1.13.1.20422
FFViper : 2, 3, 3, 24
Card: DXContext::Init - DriverInfo - "atiumdag.dll" - "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 ", Vendor: 4098, Device: 38227, SubSys: -1875701683, Rev: 0, Product: 0, Version: 0, SubVersion: 0, Build: 0
-------------------------------------------

TRI ending issue - [blue on offensive] and [blue on defensive] vid played every 5 min - i assumed this is "some important event", tho it makes no cam progress. i don't know if it fit "boredom hour" criteria - besides my point is my active flying/involvement in 3d world can not influence the progress of cam, just watching it run at 16x max, till day 11 or day 15. i knew the boredom ending will come - just post my obversation about the standstill of ground war.

CTD bugs- i am glad to hear nobody has this problem.

mirage2000D/SE mission role issue - the DB is locked, nobody can check it outside FF. sicne you suggest both are set to one role/CAP - then why? miraege2000D is known for pure AG mission, but mostly tasked as CAP. in contrast jaugar Gr3 works pretty well, no CAP. just a suggestion that mirage2000D could be edited to work as Jaugar.

Hustler
Banned user

Post by Hustler » 2010-12-04 06:11:02

So we shouldn't take your post's as being serious? Oh OK.

You are trying to fly Falcon on a laptop using Win7 and an on board video card?
We have had very little success with that and have posted numerous times that a: this OS is terrible for Falcon, and b: on board video cards have always done poorly.

If you don't think this Event meets the boredom event that's pretty funny. It ended precisely when that trigger kicked in, how can you come to any other conclusion? You clearly noticed that the GU's stopped moving, you lost the offensive, it fell below the minimum defined in the code, you stalled, the game ended, just as we set.

These Theaters and Campaigns were not made by the current Team, we just made them work, and they do. Role scores etc. were set by the original designers.

The files are locked, yes.

ccc wrote:you are too serious about this post.
Don't treat it as tough as an official b-test report, just sharing personal gaming impression.

run FF5.5.3 fresh, the thrid eurowar theater/op eurowar. ALL default settings.
the goal is to fly and check new features, and see if cam can run to an end.
-------------------------
2 processor(s), type 586.
4063 MBytes physical memory.
Version: Falcon 4.0 - Version 1.13.1.20422
FFViper : 2, 3, 3, 24
Card: DXContext::Init - DriverInfo - "atiumdag.dll" - "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 ", Vendor: 4098, Device: 38227, SubSys: -1875701683, Rev: 0, Product: 0, Version: 0, SubVersion: 0, Build: 0
-------------------------------------------

TRI ending issue - [blue on offensive] and [blue on defensive] vid played every 5 min - i assumed this is "some important event", tho it makes no cam progress. i don't know if it fit "boredom hour" criteria - besides my point is my active flying/involvement in 3d world can not influence the progress of cam, just watching it run at 16x max, till day 11 or day 15. i knew the boredom ending will come - just post my obversation about the standstill of ground war.

CTD bugs- i am glad to hear nobody has this problem.

mirage2000D/SE mission role issue - the DB is locked, nobody can check it outside FF. sicne you suggest both are set to one role/CAP - then why? miraege2000D is known for pure AG mission, but mostly tasked as CAP. in contrast jaugar Gr3 works pretty well, no CAP. just a suggestion that mirage2000D could be edited to work as Jaugar.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2010-12-04 08:08:19

These Theaters and Campaigns were not made by the current Team, we just made them work, and they do. Role scores etc. were set by the original designers.
this line explains all. i just post my very own observation.

demer928
Banned user

Re: FF5.5.3 Eurowar/Op:Eurowar campaign test

Post by demer928 » 2010-12-04 23:29:17

Ah'emm....cough,cough....You cannot "ARMCHAIR GENERAL" in Falcon as you think.Hustler is correct in stating that you reached an #ENDGAME trigger in the .tri file....i.e. #IF_BORDOM_HOURS 240 Soooooooooo...did you actually FLY these mission's??? Hint..Hint if you did not ,then the CODE\VUv2 will calculate the statistic's in a way you do not want.
Watching the 2D MAP in the UI can give you a hint about how the GroundWar is going.....that is all.
Falcon is based on PLAYER interaction in game (3D World) IF you do not participate INGAME,then you as Player,as well as your TEAM will not receive the Bonus's\Initiative...(in fact,you will be penalized)...etc. that is needed for #ENDGAME........Sorry!!!!

demer

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2010-12-05 12:12:20

i fly missions in 3d world. i knew the boredom time event will be used for ending war in my case.

the frustrating part is lack of ground war. At first Red GUs tried to make some advance.. i neutralized them. then in mid or late stage of war, blue GUs refuse to launch offensive. Also remaining red GUs did not move to FLOT for another offensive.

Hustler has said this cam is not created by latest team memebers - it just be edited to work(with FF5.5). it do end the war.

demer928
Banned user

Post by demer928 » 2010-12-06 01:46:08

@ccc
I am no longer a part of the FFTeam Directly, but I am still involved ATM IN-directly. I did take a look at your experiance in EuroWar and you are correct in some of your conclusion's.Remember though that EuroWar\Korea2012 are still Work's In Process!!! I am sure that RAM and the TEAM will get it figured out.

demer

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2010-12-06 02:13:10

yah, i knew this cam is a WIP.

BTW - we've very high expectation on your iran cams..hope you could bring back the "fluidity of GUs".