Europe Skin Pack

Europe theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Europe Skin Pack

Post by Snake Man » 2002-07-15 10:38:00

CCC or anyone willing to help.

I'm preparing a new Europe Theater installer and would like to add some skins into that since objects dir is copied.

CCC already knows this but for others, the skins need to be in <number>.bmp format in Skins/ directory. The <number> being the texture ID or whatever it is, the new TexInstall utility handles the rest. Resolution can be 512x512 for my standards but maybe some of you pity the voodoo guys with 256 versions...

The theater is ready to release so if you wont mind hurrying a bit. We are waiting ;)

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: Europe Skin Pack

Post by ccc » 2002-07-15 12:24:00

hmmm..my interest in Europe theater skins is much less than ODS.. reasons here:

1. timeframe must be defined, so skins could be done/collectly accordingly. i expect different timeframe setting will need a whole new set of skin pack. btw, extensive background research is indicated to ensure the authenticity of camo schemes.

2. too many countries involved, too many skins to collect/build, and i've no idea how to adapt all of them, say, for F-4 or F-16 you got tons of Sq there, DB can't support that many Sq at this moment.

3. Even so, my previous "conceptional skin pack" do contains some material for Europe theater-- mostly gound vehicle skins in plain olive green. Latest Europe camo, you can find very nice skins here:
http://www.pmctactical.org/f4/cgi-bin/u ... 8&t=000311

4. frankly i don't like an Europe go with default korean tiles..it looks like fighting in another korea theater :(

Since we got more automation on theater-making, its time to make some progress in tile creation..compared with skin pack, new tiles make theater more visually unique. just my 2c.

Mapi
Recruit

Post by Mapi » 2002-08-10 08:46:00

javanree
Recruit

Post by javanree » 2002-09-07 23:44:00

:D