Ramstein AB ? missing in theater?

Europe theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ramstein

Ramstein AB ? missing in theater?

Post by ramstein » 2002-09-11 03:53:00

86th TAC wings. At Ramstein AB )(Ramstein has/had 1/2 Army and 1/2 AirForce). I don't need to go into any details as it is/was the largest base in Europe and Nato (it has/had the 4th ATAV, of Nato). Or, at least it was. I went ino both the oldEurope and new Europe SP3 games. No Ramstein ?? I said, um ok, I wiul cheat the system, and flew out of Hahn AB. Hell, I could have flew out of Frankfurt, Rein-Mein and gone a couple minutes South and been over Ramstein and the local areas, but it really isn't there. I looked for the landmarks. Tons of Them, hell, even the LandStuhl Castle is missing. I am afraid to see if Heidlberg has been left out oo, which is also unimaginable.
While it was TAC it also has MAC. very large. in fact it has the largest capacity only second to Rein-Mein. The list is exteninsive with targets going out al over the surrounding areas, There is/was a huge weapon storage area outside of base. Heidelberg on the Neckar River is absolutely fantastic and while some may not think of it as strategic is has a large Army base and also theeauty alone it deserves to be there. It is one of the best places to visit, if you are withing a few hundred miles. The list os extensive, and I have not looked at much yet. Just kinda blown away I could not fly out of my old stomping grounds, and looked coming South and while I understand you cannot tile every area as in real life, this is not a choice, it has to be there. Maybe I just missed it by air, but it is not there in the map on selection. The 86th TAC, and the MAC, and the whole thing is not there. **sigh **

I would like to say I am excitied about having a Eurpean theaters and Thank you to al involved. maybe since this is Beta, maybe there is plans. I don't know.

I kinda lost track of which bases do not exist any longer where int he the late 1980's to the early 1990's many of the bases were closed and the setup of Nato changed drastically about then. But, Maybe Zahn AB is gone, I forgot to look for Spanglheim. Hahn AB is alive and kicking. Just kinda puzzled over what I thought I would see and what I saw when I went in.

sorry abouyt mispells, shaky hands and typing don't mix...

Red Dog
Banned user

Re: Ramstein AB ? missing in theater?

Post by Red Dog » 2002-09-11 08:13:00

First, it's indeed beta :)
Then you also have to realise that the F4 world will never be like the real world. Probably the landmark you mentioned will never be there, because they each need to be modelled and that would take forever.
The depot is another thing and can probably added generically. Still the difference between F4 and real germany will be tremendous :)
Unfortunately, it's not like FS2002 :)

Now, if volonteers can create and add these objects, all the better :)
For now, all is pretty beta and a lot of work has to be done

Cheers
RD
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

ramstein

Post by ramstein » 2002-09-11 15:21:00

lol....and i don't do that often... not at all, I can assure you ramstein is not closed, it is #1 last on the list to close, if ever... it's the glue that hold all the Nato bases together////
really...

I have an old link somewhere...

you know where all the GI's that are coming and going to Afghanland, well they go through there and our wounded come back through there to the LandStuhl Medical center...
http://www.ramstein.af.mil/home.html

It was built just after WWII... it is huge.... and the support is endles...
I have no clue if Zulu alert is still working, but I can assure you that it has more there yo9u can ever imagine, above and below ground.. and the surrounding communities..

Many historic missions have been flown out of there, many classified, some not, the biggest air shows in Europe, are/were flown there every year...
including WWII planes...

many of the top music stars began their roots by singing on stage at the Ramstein NCO Club... many have retured there to entertain the troops, yes very big stars...

I wonder if I have any kids running around that part of the world ?/ :)

here are some pictures I have taken, from previous years..
http://community.webshots.com/user/skialps

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2002-09-11 16:40:00

Yep, you're right,
I confused Ramstein with another ex USAF airbase in Germany.

Ramstein indeed is open to USAF and host the 86th AW /37,75,76th AS
C130, C20, C9 are flying out of there.

My mistake, I'll add the base in the next ID list :cool: :roll:

Thanks for getting me on the right track!

Cheers
RD
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

ramstein

Post by ramstein » 2002-09-11 17:18:00

If there is a way to help with any landscape, plaement, info, pics, if I can help with supplying info that cannot be found, maybe I can help... my health is very bad, that's why I do not commit on projects..plus until I get a new MB and CPU< this old computer takes a very very long time to render processsing projects with photos, video etc,... PIII450..... but if I vcan get a new computer by then, well maybe I could do some type of rendering... if you check my pictures and see something that might help... I might have more stored away, for projects.... skins, patches..etc... you never know what might be of help..

:eek: