Falcon Euro Theatre Beta Help

Europe theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

DDeuce
Recruit

Falcon Euro Theatre Beta Help

Post by DDeuce » 2002-06-06 00:20:00

OK did the install...Euro does not show as menu item in theatres.....files are in Falcon Folder.......as to where they are SUPPOSED to be I have not a clue.......Delta :eek: :eek: :eek:

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: Falcon Euro Theatre Beta Help

Post by ccc » 2002-06-06 02:30:00

Did you check campaign page, tick [Europe] in theater selection window, and press [ok] to switch it?

or europe didn't show up in campaign selection window?

DDeuce
Recruit

Post by DDeuce » 2002-06-06 20:54:00

Euro shows up Nowhere in Falcon after launch.....nor Patch......btw I do not show a driver package for Euro :eek: :eek: :eek:

Doze

Post by Doze » 2002-06-06 21:16:00

I'm having troubles geting the installer to work properly. (I re-installed f4 for SP3.)I believe I didn't uninstally it correctly. When i run the program it asks me where the theater has been installed and wants to uninstall it. Of course, I can't find where the Europe theater is because it hasn't been installed. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks Ahead,

Doze
The Freebrids

beetlebailey

Post by beetlebailey » 2002-06-06 22:31:00

DDeuce,

After poking around a little, I think I found why it won't show up on the theater UI page.

In the Falcon4 folder (or wherever you installed Falcon) there is a file called "theater.lst". You can open it with notepad and edit it. It is a list of known theaters. For some reason, the only one in there is Korea. Type in a line as follows: terrdata/theaterdefinition/europe.tdf

It should show up on the UI then. Now if I can find what is causing the CTD, I'll fly a mission or three.

Good luck,
Beetle
I wonder what THIS button does!! Click... aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

beetlebailey

Post by beetlebailey » 2002-06-06 23:19:00

quote:Originally posted by Doze:
I'm having troubles geting the installer to work properly. (I re-installed f4 for SP3.)I believe I didn't uninstally it correctly. When i run the program it asks me where the theater has been installed and wants to uninstall it. Of course, I can't find where the Europe theater is because it hasn't been installed. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks Ahead,

Doze
The Freebrids
Doze,

Just go ahead and click OK to let it uninstall the theater, then just run the installer again. Kinda the long way to do it, but it works.

As for where it is installed, I assume it installed it into Microprose/Falcon4. It did for me anyway.

Beetle

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2002-06-07 00:01:00

When i run the program it asks me where the theater has been installed and wants to uninstall it. Of course, I can't find where the Europe theater is because it hasn't been installed.
Really? You NEVER installed ANY of the earlier europe theater versions in your computer?

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

DDeuce
Recruit

Post by DDeuce » 2002-06-07 15:46:00

OK Terdata.lst worked...it shows but CTD'S GALORE........ooohhheeeeeeeee no whut ahh meeaannn vern ? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

beetlebailey

Post by beetlebailey » 2002-06-07 22:02:00

quote:Originally posted by DDeuce:
OK Terdata.lst worked...it shows but CTD'S GALORE........ooohhheeeeeeeee no whut ahh meeaannn vern ? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Same here. I can get it to go to the pie screen then I'm staring at the Desktop. Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Beetle

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2002-06-07 23:09:00

Please give more information of your current installation. Its one of these

"my car won't start, whats the problem???"

PMC TFW
Snake Man

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Doze

Post by Doze » 2002-06-08 16:32:00

quote:Originally posted by beetlebailey:
Doze,

Just go ahead and click OK to let it uninstall the theater, then just run the installer again. Kinda the long way to do it, but it works.

As for where it is installed, I assume it installed it into Microprose/Falcon4. It did for me anyway.

Beetle
I wish it was that easy. The thing is... It's not installed ANYWHERE on my hard drive. I believe i just uninstalled it incorrectly the 1st time and now it is giving me slack.

When I click the next button a messsage box appears saying, "European folder is not installed in the default F4 location. Select the location of the SP2Xinstallation. Do you want to select another folder?"

If I click yes.. it asks me to chose another folder. If I click no.. it closes the program.

Snake Man,
Yes, I did install an earlier version of the european theater. But.. I GUESS I didn't uninstall correctly. So now when I try to Install the new version (???) it asks me to uninstall (which I cannot do) EVERYTIME.

Thanks again,

Doze

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2002-06-08 19:05:00

Yes, I did install an earlier version of the european theater. But.. I GUESS I didn't uninstall correctly.
http://www.pmctactical.org/f4/faq.php

PMC TFW
Snake Man

PMC since 1984

beetlebailey

Post by beetlebailey » 2002-06-09 05:31:00

I wish it was that easy. The thing is... It's not installed ANYWHERE on my hard drive. I believe i just uninstalled it incorrectly the 1st time and now it is giving me slack.

When I click the next button a messsage box appears saying, "European folder is not installed in the default F4 location. Select the location of the SP2Xinstallation. Do you want to select another folder?"

If I click yes.. it asks me to chose another folder. If I click no.. it closes the program.

Snake Man,
Yes, I did install an earlier version of the european theater. But.. I GUESS I didn't uninstall correctly. So now when I try to Install the new version (???) it asks me to uninstall (which I cannot do) EVERYTIME.

Thanks again,

Doze

Now I understand. Sounds like the one you had on there earlier has left pieces of files on your PC. Most likely in the register. Now it is seeing those pieces and thinking you have the entire theater still there. If you don't have RegCleaner, or something similar you might find it using regedit, but you'll have to hunt around in there for it. Could get dicey, so be careful. Don't delete anything you're not sure of.

beetlebailey

Post by beetlebailey » 2002-06-09 05:39:00

Snakeman,

I just installed SP3 according to the manual. My platform is Win ME, I have a Gateway Essentials 700 with a Celeron 733 proc.,a 40gb HD, 384mb RAM, and a cheap Intel Vid Card. (Sorry, don't know the specs on the card, and I'm scared to look.)

If it would help I could send you, or post a crashlog.

Beetle

Doze

Post by Doze » 2002-06-09 17:12:00

I finally have the problem solved. It involved the solution in the faq about removing all the sp2 europe theater registry keys, and it worked!

Thanks much for your help Beatlebailey and Snake Man.

DDeuce
Recruit

Post by DDeuce » 2002-06-14 19:49:00

[quote]quote:Originally posted by DDeuce:
OK Terdata.lst worked...it shows but CTD'S GALORE........ooohhheeeeeeeee no whut ahh meeaannn vern ? ;) ;) :eek: P.S. You guys need to make a Header Post on Home Page so People will know which theatres available are SP3 compatible....thanx btw...Great Work (Euro Looks GREAT

covington

Post by covington » 2002-06-16 18:24:00

Okay, I am closer. I added "terrdata\theaterdefinition\europe.tdf" to the theater list. Now when I go to the theater switcher I see the European theater with the words "Dont we need European Switch Art "
I am getting closer. What I do not understand is that I had no problems or crashes loading the patch.

Thanks

H2

P.S. There has never been any previous theaters installed. I am perplexed??
no matter how good looking she is someone somewhere is sick of her s_ _t!