PMC Rugen (25km island)

OFP general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

PMC Rugen (25km island)

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-09 17:01:06

PMC Rugen, a 25km island using resistance objects and textures, formely known as PMC_Euro.

The island uses Agent Smith (AGS) Industrial Pack, Harbor Kit and Baracken addons.

There is also campaign included called PMC Hero's Path, it has 34 missions using LSR Rangers & SEALs, JAM2, CoC Unified Artillery, Tomahawks & Mines, Bn880 Tracers, bas Blackhawk.

Island works nicely even with 3500m viewdistance where you can really have nice air/tank combat missions.

This release is designated as Alpha 4. I consider it to be the last of the alphas, meaning that its an excuse if I have to do some more changes. But as OFP community has learned from the past, like for example catshit afghanistan where complete cities were removed between version numbers, I will not do something like that. All changes/fixes made at this point will be miminal so that all existing missions/etc work nicely. Of course I hope that there will be no changes/fixes made, but we'll see what you guys come up with.

Check out the sheer size of PMC Rugen compared to puny Everon.
Big, eh? :)

The purpose of this Alpha #4 release is to test the island and campaign, to fix all the remaining bugs and/or make the final changes necessary for best gameplay before going to Beta stage where I'd say there will be no more changes to the island, only bug fixes (which should be absolute minimum at that point). So please send alot of feedback, good or bad, all is very welcome.

Get it from our downloads page.
Last edited by Snake_Man on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Reacher
1st Lt

Re: PMC Rugen (25km island)

Post by Reacher » 2005-10-09 17:39:34

Catshit, Afghanistan? heh heh... Isn't that near Bumfuck, Egypt?

Island looks great. Just downloaded it and getting ready to give it a go.

Thanks for all the efforts, Snake...

Reacher 8)

Kikill

Post by Kikill » 2005-10-21 08:01:53

RKSL Studios have just released a runway texture pack, and by looking at the screenshot they provided, the textures look really nice Image
here is the download link http://www.rkslstudios.info/modules.php ... tit&lid=21

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-21 10:07:28

Any feedback on PMC Rugen itself? :)

I would like to work on the cities, but how, what, etc is the guestion. On the mission side I would really like to do CoC Command Engine campaign and then some search and rescue (rescue downed helo/plane etc) type of mission.

The SAR mission would be excellent, 25km island with the massive landscape, imagine your FARP/HQ to be on the edges of the map and in the mainland the whole area is under enemy control. Then friendly helo or plane (thinking about C-130 Hercules or the clishe Blackhawk) is downed and first you need to find it, then you need to secure it and lastly you need to bring all survivors back to FARP/HQ. This mission type has two possibilities, to be one of the downed personell, or the leader of the rescue forces.

.pablo.
Recruit

Post by .pablo. » 2005-11-09 05:56:18

haven't had a chance to take a heli ride around the island yet, but i did start the campaign, and of course i am stuck on the first mission. :P

i drove back to the base with my 3 guys, and everyone was already shooting it out. i tried to kill the heli pilots with my pistol (as they were just sitting there in the heli with the engine on, not moving), but the bullet-proof glass blocked the shots. so, i drove into the base (which by that time only had 1 US machine-gunner alive in it), took an AK with GL, and damaged the heli until the pilots got out. killed one with my GL, the other one ran off to the SSE, and i just let him go, so i could take a look around the base. when i saw it was empty and nothing was happening, i thought i might have to kill the heli pilot, but i was unable to find him.

so...what do i do?
"When in doubt, empty the magazine." -Murphy's Laws of Combat

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-11-09 09:53:10

i am stuck on the first mission. ... so...what do i do?
The mission ends for me when the russian squad has been eliminated.

Right now I edited it with the ending trigger condition DEAD or FLEEING, so you can win the mission either by killing all of them or making them flee the area. I just hope the mission wont interrupt too early now. This fix will be on next release, of course.

But for now, just use endmission cheat or neutralize ALL the infantry (helo is not counted).

.pablo.
Recruit

Post by .pablo. » 2005-11-09 20:03:12

used the endmission cheat, and had the same problem on the second mission; held off the attack, but the mission didn't end, and i didn't feel like risking my neck to go out and find the ruskies, so i just used the endmission cheat again.

mission 3:
- SD MP5 ammo, no SD MP5 :(
- no SD anything :(
- no extra ammo for the m60e4
- no binocs :(

i started playing the campaign with WG5 running, it really improves the atmosphere in my opinion; still haven't had a chance to take that heli ride, i'll do it tonight though.
Last edited by .pablo. on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.
"When in doubt, empty the magazine." -Murphy's Laws of Combat

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-11-23 10:42:50

PMC Rugen v1.0b has been released. Check our downloads and islands pages for details.

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-08 04:12:23

Snake, long time man, but I've finally gotten time to run the Rugen Island Campaign. Up to now, it was a really great and tough campaign. No more waltzing thru a campaign without some big time resistance! :o

But, alas, I have come to a stopping point. On the mission following Blue Eyes, I'm told when I go to the next mission that "cannot load mission... missing "ISD"

What the hell is that? I would have sworn I got all the add-ons loaded. Am I missing something? Do I need to download the latest version to fix this or did I miss an add-on?

It really screwed things up... At first it locked my computer tighter than a jug, had to use the switch to turn it off. Then, tonight when I tried it again, it was mixing the Blue Eyes Campaign with the next mission!

Let me know bud, because I really like this bad-boy. You did a really nice job in the placement and timing of the enemy troops!

Reacher

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-12-08 05:45:51

"cannot load mission... missing "ISD" What the hell is that?
Its the dock landing ship uss ashland. Its the same addon used in command campaign. If I recall correctly it was supposed to be removed from the campaign, apparently it has still the old addons[]={}; markings on the mission.sqm file. Or are you use you're running the latest campaign version which you can download from the downloads page?

If you are, then its a bug. Fix it by adding the LSD ship into the PMC Rugen addons dir.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-12-09 23:55:59

Use Addon Scanner to solve this issue.

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-10 08:08:24

Thanks Bungle, I downloaded it and will try it out.

My biggest problem now is when I start OFP and select "Campaign", when I try to select the Rugen campaign it gives me the following error message: 'No Entry Campaignpmc_Rugendescription.ext.campaign'. If I go ahead and select thr Rugen campaign then OFP just defaults back to the original screen waiting for me to select something else.

I'm no mission maker by any stretch, so this might as well have been in Greek to me. I finally got the major problem fixed by removing the add-ons from the OFP add-on directory as well as the Res add-on directory. That stopped the crash to desktop. But I can't do anything with the Rugen campaign.

Now I really want to kill something...

Reacher

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-12-10 08:13:03

I ask again, do you use the latest version of the PMC Hero's Path which you can download from the downloads page?

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-10 08:15:28

Yup, downloaded it night before last... so unless you've put up a new one since then, I have the correct one. v1.0b Is that the correct one?

Reacher

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-12 04:39:44

Snake, you must be in Vegas taking a few days off... ;)

I've since come up with a question: Does the PMC Rugen PBO go in the x_pmc add-ons folder? I've tried it there and also the Res/Campaigns folder as well as the OFP/Campaigns folder. Still no success.

As for activating the mod, I am using the following:
"C:Program FilesCodemastersOperationFlashpointFLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -mod=x_pmc

Is this correct?

I double checked the add-ons and have ags.port.pbo, ags.indus.pbo and Barracken.pbo installed in the x_pmc addons folder.

Not sure what to do next. Now that I'm hooked on the campaign, I am getting an itchy trigger finger.

Reacher :'(

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-12-13 05:46:23

Well I'm here, but I dont know what to say... last time I checked (few weeks ago), it worked fine here. Are you absolutely and 100% sure that you installed the correct versions and installed them correctly to the mod directory or addons dirs which ever method you use?

And just to check, does the last alpha version work for you ok?

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-13 06:53:56

I'm going to go back and download the latest Rugen Island. My question earlier was, where exactly does the pmc_Rugen.pbo file go? The mod only has an add-on folder... there isn't a campaign folder.

I've got the add-ons in the mod addon folder. I removed the same addons that were in the OFP addons folder as well as checking on the Res Add On folder.

Again, I'm no map or mission maker, but it seems there should be a campaign folder or at least a missions folder in the mod folder. Maybe not? But the other mods I have installed all have a campaign folder within the mod folder.

Reacher

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-12-14 01:02:21

where exactly does the pmc_Rugen.pbo file go?  The mod only has an add-on folder... there isn't a campaign folder.
Thats because its an island (which goes to addons/ dir) and not a campaign.
Again, I'm no map or mission maker, but it seems there should be a campaign folder or at least a missions folder in the mod folder.
Like I said above... island pbo goes to addons/ dir.

PMC Hero's Path goes to campaigns/ dir.

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-14 02:37:08

well, I'm feeling pretty dopey right now... I knew that, (Rugen = Island), at one point in my OFP career... Jeeze! :-[

I finally figured that out this afternoon. Sorry to get you worried about nothing, Snake. I guess I laid off OFP too long.

Thanks for the help...

Reacher :(

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-12-14 02:53:52

You can make up for giving super detailed after action reports from the campaign progress ;D

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-14 06:04:29

Well, Snake my friend, since you asked... I got things all squared away and started the campaign.

The first mission, (when I'm supposed to be with the naked sunbathers), I'm told to report back to camp. When I get there, there is an MI 17 that has landed on the road. I see tracers coming from the fort. When my men and I get out of the Humvee to check things out, near the gate lie about 6 or 7 enemy soldiers. Inside the fort are a few soldiers that I "pickup". I snatch the rocket launcher from one of my guys and nail the chopper that's just sitting in the road. AFter that, nothing else happens.

After about 30 minutes of waiting, I finally had to use the "end mission"... (I know you said not to.)

Next mission, starts out with a bang and gets more heated. Finally 3 different squads of soldiers are repelled and killed off. The mission closes and the next one starts... But wait! I get an error message that LSR_seal cannot be loaded. (Yes, I have the seal addon). My screen goes blank and I'm forced to use the control-alt-delete to shut down OFP... So what happened?

The 2nd mission also said that it couldn't load the 'tracers' addon, but I saw tracers everywhere and the campaign proceeded to run correctly.

So what gives? Did I screw up again? The campaign is really good so far, very tough, just the way I like them.

Reacher

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-14 22:45:39

Snake, I tried again today and got the same error msg. "unable to load LSR Seal"

So I used that program to de-pbo the addons and sure enough there is no LSR Seal. I tried downloading Laser's Seal Addon, but got an error msg saying the link was no good, (from OFP.cz). So, I tried doing the campaign cheat to move on to the next mission, but that didn't help since the same message came up.

So as it stands, I'm stuck trying to run the 3rd mission.

Dash

AMD 64 Bit 2.0 Gig
1 Gig Ram
ATI 9800 xt

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-15 03:14:07

Thanks, Pablo... unfortunately, all of FileFronts hosted files are down for another couple of hours. This is the file I tried to download from OFP.cz but it said it wasn't working.

Reacher

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-12-15 06:02:34

I get an error message that LSR_seal cannot be loaded.
Darn I left that out from the campaign readme. Fixed it now, will show up on next release.
The 2nd mission also said that it couldn't load the 'tracers' addon
2nd mission, as in "Lizard Tooth"? Well there is the correct addons[] setup in the mission.sqm so it works. Again if its some other mission, let me know, if not... then you're running some old/wrong etc version or similar because it is working on the Lizard Tooth version I have on my hdd.

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-15 06:42:56

Well, Snake, I was going to tell you that the Seal addon wasn't listed in the latest read-me. When I saw the word "seal", I figured I was short an add-on.

I got the addon, (thanks Pablo for the link above), and this baby is humming. Snake you're just full of little surprises... :D I should have known there would be your signature sniper and spotter sittin' on that little rise just outside of town. Took me dieing 3 times before I realized it was the sniper and not the infantry guys in the town. :o

Looks like a really nice campaign. As I've said before, I love tough missions.

Oh, and that tracer addon is awesome. Damn, that is nice to be able to actually spot your line of fire with the tracers, both elevation and windage. I'm loving this campaign already.

Nice work... It was worth waiting 2 years for it. ;)

Reacher

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-20 04:24:56

Ok, well if I didn't have a problem, I'd probably save this for later.

On the mission, Hornet Sting, the mission would never end. I killed everything big enough to die and even thought about killing my own troops... ;) I am guessing that one of the enemy did the "flee" thing. I searched all the woods, everywhere. I even drove around in the ambulance trying to draw fire. Nothing. So, needless to say, I had to use the "end mission" cheat.

On the next mission, Surf Beach, I had to wait until the COC advertisment was run before I could grab the radio. Prior to that the chopper pilot starts the engine, then kills it and gets out of the chopper. We all boarded but the pilots got in with us! So, I got out and flew the damn thing myself. I worked on the mission for an hour or so and saved what I had done until today. When I tried to re-load the mission, I got the following error msg. "---------------------------
Operation Flashpoint
---------------------------
Cannot load 'UsersDaveSavedcampaignspmc_heros_pathcontinue.fps'. Error 'No entry' at '/GameState/Variables/Item182/data.value'.
---------------------------
So, I had to start over. I did start over and the chopper guys did the same thing. Since I figured if I took the chopper, there wouldn't be one for the evac, so I took the troops on foot to the intersection and left the chopper there.

I played the mission for another hour or so and had to stop. I saved it. Later this evening, I tried it again, and the same message popped up.

I really love this campaign, but not enough to start over! ;D (I guess I would if I had to.) But that mission "Hornet Sting" is going to give me problems again I fear.

I know you're going to tell me since I used the "end mission" cheat that it screwed up the game. I would start the Surf Beach mission again, but DAMN, it takes half a day to get through your missions! ;D I'm not sure I have enough time to finish the mission in one setting.

This is one of the toughest campaigns I've ever experienced... and I've run a shitload of them.

Any ideas?

Reacher 8-)

Oh, I almost forgot... my troops are doing what they did back in the old PMC_Ranger campaign... Not following orders. When they should be on the ground, holding position, they're up running around charging the enemy. It makes it damn tough to stay concealed. I hate having to halt them, then move them up a little at a time. I hope you know what I mean? It seemed like it was the worst in the Hornet Sting Mission.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-12-20 08:53:43

All PMC Hero's Path campaign posts should go here