SEB NAM CoC Command Engine missions

OFP general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

SEB NAM CoC Command Engine missions

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-05-24 05:13:20

Our missions page http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/missions.php have been updated with two new downloads for the one and only: SEB NAM Pack 2!

First there is three CoC Command Engine multiplayer missions where the server/host player is the General who commands the troops. There is few soldier places to fill for client users. These three missions have been tested in PMC COOP sessions and are working ok (so far). Download the missions in one rar packet here
http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/download ... AM-PMC.rar

Second SEB NAM goodie is PMC NAM Command, two single player missions where player commands his forces against the various NVA/VC troops in Ia Drang. NAM Command missions are rather large which dont quite suit for multiplayer at least on 1.3ghz, 512mb ram machine... download the NAM Command missions in one rar packet here
http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/download ... nd-PMC.rar

If you have problems with rar packets, visit http://www.rarlabs.com and download winrar utility.

Feel free to post... well in this topic about any comments/critique/bug reports etc about these missions.

Killswitch

Re: SEB NAM CoC Command Engine missions

Post by Killswitch » 2003-07-03 23:24:22

Me and a friend tried the first CoC MP coop last night. :o

In short: Wohoo! (Homer Simpson-style) ;D

I don't know if I can describe how funny it was to take my marine "general" and ditch him in a bush and from there on basically just sit at the map screen and follow the adventures of my merry men out in the jungle... And I mean that.

My palsy took the SEAL team and I basically told him "recon" over our voice connection. He was already on his way...

Plan of operations: recon by force in a kind of pincer maneuver from three directions around LZ Columbous. Sent Charlie squad down south, Bravo in the middle behind the SEAL:s and Alpha up north. Not more than a couple of minutes passed before charlie go into a fat firefight and I was screaming "waaah" in my headset. Naturally, that had my friend almost soiling himself, but soon after I was able to come to my senses and get some mortars on the evil red symbol charlie was dealing with. However, charlie squad took a lot of casualties. Damn... it's a jungle out there.

By now the SEALS/my friend was reconning the N-S road and took out an advance NV patrol (I think, I heard gunshots and he was first wailing, then put on that old evil snicker. It was his first time playing with the SEALS and the CAR-15 ;D ).

After these first two contacts, I put them all on "cautious" and had them sneek up closer to the LZ. But the SW outskirts of Coloumbus was infested by VC troops and, sure enough, poor C squad soon got into another firefight. Tried to divert Bravo down south, but they met resistance on the way down, too... In the end, Charlie squad was wiped out.

It was just now I realised I had a bird at hand - the OH6. I promptly sent it on its way to recon the area where Charlie Blue went down. Oh yes... minutes after takeoff, I could hear him put the hurt on the roving enemy patrols down there. Then, two or three blips on a hill SW of Coloumbus and the sound of what was most certainly not the tiny 7,62 pea-shooter of the helo. Uh-oh... NVA DShK:s. Tried to order the bird back, but he was hell-bent on mowing down every last one of them, paying no attention to either my orders or the barrage of bullets from the hill.

In the mean time, the recon patrol had found me a juicy target sitting in Columbus: it said "armored target" on my map, and I pretty much didn't care if it was a T55 or another machine gun. Called up battallion and had some 105 lovin' put down on the LZ.

Told my buddy to "get the hey out of there". He did...then I heard over my headphones "woooow....clooose" followed by "wohoo there's stuff blowing up all over the place. Howd'ya do that?". "Heh heh... thats the captain's buddies in FB Falcon doin their dirty deeds".

Shortly after this I turned my attention back to that buzzing hornet of a non-complying helo. He was still at it, hammering away at the bushes. Checked up on him via the remote camera function. Uh-oh - armor down to half/yellow. GET BACK TO BASE! Crazy fly boys they have up in the aviation brigade...

And of course, seconds after, I heard a large explosion somewhere in the jungle SE of the base. No more air recon... :P

To be concluded... ;)