OFP v1.99 patch "Arma: Cold War Assault"

OFP general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

OFP v1.99 patch "Arma: Cold War Assault"

Post by Snake Man » 2011-06-23 09:50:16

BIS has released OFP v1.99 patch which they now call "Arma: Cold War Assault", the typing is "Arma" so I have no clue if its just a typo or actual new naming for the term.
To celebrate the 10 year anniversary, we're delighted to reawaken a sleeping giant, updated in a new coat! The official announcement is due for tomorrow but we wanted to introduce this to our community first.

Arma: Cold War Assault 1.99 is an update to the original Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis* as developed by us 10 long years ago.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: This game was originally sold and known as Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance or Operation Flashpoint: Game of the Year Edition*. Users of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and Operation Flashpoint: GOTY are allowed to freely update to Arma: Cold War Assault as long as they agree with the end user license as in the manual and shown during the setup.

This update is for your original installation of Operation Flashpoint which will be updated to version 1.99.
Source
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

toonces
Brig. General

Re: OFP v1.99 patch "Arma: Cold War Assault"

Post by toonces » 2011-08-09 21:51:30

I'm like totally late to the party. But, I'm eyeballing your VTE mod enviously. I'm guessing it is not compatible with OFP:CWA? I see you have to have a Resistance.exe, which CWA doesn't seem to have.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2011-08-10 00:08:33

VTE v0.4 (OFP version) should work with this new v1.99 patch, but I have not tested so I can't be sure.

BTW its somewhat offtopic, but shouldn't you have hardware capable of running ArmA 2 now, so I'm wondering why are you testing this OFP v1.99 instead? (unless you had bought OFP long time ago and now freely downloaded the v1.99 patch).

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2011-08-10 00:12:28

I actually own ARMA 2, but it runs really poorly on my computer. I haven't spent much time tweaking it though.

If I can't get your VTE to run on OFP (just bought it, I have never played it believe it or not), then I guess I'll need to get serious about getting your Vietnam mod to work on ARMA 2 on my computer. The videos on youtube are pretty rad.

Seems we've come full circle, huh?

:)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2011-08-10 05:28:08

We are kind of offtopic, but what the heck... what specifically VTE mod gives as error when you run it on OFP v1.99?

Also just to be sure, you are running the OFP VTE v0.4 and not ArmA 2 VTE v1.4? (damn confusing 0.4 vs 1.4 heh).

PMC since 1984