AF mod : SkunkWorks

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

AF mod : SkunkWorks

Post by ccc » 2010-07-19 09:44:11

just found the mod released..wonder what "new ac/weapons" look like.. screenshots?

http://ukfalconeers.freeforums.org/index.php
=========================
Greetings,
I realize this is Primarily an OF forum, but we are doing everything in our power to get this mod as far into the community as possible. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge this.
I am here to inform you all of the latest release of the F4AF Modification: SkunkWorks. This is a massive database modification for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. It includes new munitions, models, skins, campaigns, hires effects.

The Skunk Works Mod. A full blown effort to unlock the full potential of AF by increasing landscape & object detail, adding new aircraft & weapons, upgrading payload capabilities, fixing a number of glitches regarding aircraft, correcting all aspects of realism & a whole slew of things that will do nothing but enhance the experience of what we love to do. To Fly.

This project is not an attempt to rewrite the code or to make a new variant of Falcon like OF or FF, but to bring AF to the glory that it should be.

The installer is really quite simple it installs just as would any aftermarket campaign.

Download:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3
Mirror 4
Mirror 5

If you have any questions or just want to test fly with us, you can visit our forum at:
UK Falconeers

Veterans-Gaming.com has agreed to dedicate a SW Korea 2012 server for those who want to give MP a try without having to host.
Server IP: 217.146.93.114
TS3: veterans-gaming.com:9987

Thanks and I hope everyone enjoys,
-Viking (Evil-Eye)

======================

Readme:
After closed testing of this Mod, several things needed to be cleaned up. During the process the original change log got deleted and was not recoverable. Below is the basic change-log constructed from memory. Specific details and information are too vast to remember, but this covers most of it & should give you a good idea of what Skunkworks is.

v1.2 Change-Log
-2 new battlefields, "Korea 2012" & "Balkans 2012"
-Recalculated all ACFT 'To hit' stats
-New skins for most weapons and aircraft
-New models for most weapons and aircraft
-Improved air-defense, pilot skill, ground force AI
-Upgraded several ACFT to newest known real world variant
-Added new ACFT
-Added new weapons
-Updated ACFT loadouts to better reflect real world capabilities
-Enabled nuclear weapons (blue & red side) (1 in 100 chance of resupplying nukes)
-Recalculated weapon data to better reflect real world capabilities (range, speed, damage ect)
-Added independent Submarine fleets with nuclear capability (no longer tied to carrier fleet)
-Added AWACs to red side
-Enabled FULL stealth to F-22 & other stealth based ACFT
-Updated basic airframe data to reflect real world ACFT
-Fixed B-2 flight characteristics; it is now flyable
-Fixed A-10 & F-117 FCR & AGR; now completely usable
-Added all of the FLT callsigns to be usable by all ACFT
Note: These may not be ALL of the changes as I'm solely going off of memory.

The Story:
Korea 2012 follows the story of the DPRK sinking a ROK ship. This eventually led up to an all-out war. At the start of the campaign the DPRK and US are at war. Japan is allied with the blue and acts as support. China & Russia are also in the picture and have taken up a defensive stance. They will declare war on whoever poses a threat to them, this makes it dynamic.

US: Being the worlds utmost authority in air superiority, they have the most air power. Because they rely on this, the US dropped the ball with ground power, ranking 3rd.
DPRK: Years of stockpiling gives the DPRK a force to be reckoned with. 2nd in air power, 2nd in ground power
Russia: Cold War paranoia brings Russia to being a leader in air defense. Russian skies are a death trap, but this leaves little room for their Air and Ground forces.
China: Home of the million man army. Has the highest concentration of ground forces but little air power.

Notes:
The Skunkworks Mod is not a reworking of the source code. The code has not been manipulated or changed in any way. The Mod is contained within its own battlefields and will not affect the existing installation. The purpose of the project is to breath new life into Allied Force & to make it a viable option vs 'Open Falcon' and 'Free Falcon'. There are no new 2D or 3D pits because that data is encrypted and hasn't been Fully cracked as of yet (although the rumor is that Pegasus is close to working it out). Aeyes pits will initially glitch, but there is a known fix. The mod is compatible with HiTiles, re-installation is not needed.
Do not take this mod like you would take OF or FF, it is not that. This mod is simply an Enhancement to AF.
This Mod is still a work in progress. Things currently on the 'To-Do' list are items such as updating the TacRef, adding skins to models with no skins, & working out bugs.

We appreciate the warm reception of the Mod and we at Skunk1 Industries look forward to your continued support.

Special Thanks to Rebel, Coco, A-Hip, Bandit, Brutus & the rest of the crew at the 801st TFW for contributions, input, & testing.
See you all at Angels 20.
The Skunkworks Team,
Demonlord, Viking, Mercury

================================

Aeyes Pit Fix
Make a new folder on your desktop,call it Backups
Go to C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects
Copy the 3 files:KoreaObj.hdr KoreaObj.lod KoreaObj.tex
Paste these 3 files into the Backups Folder on your Desktop.

Then copy the same 3 Files from the folder C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/Theatres/Skunkworks/Objects to the folder C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects
overwrite all when asked.

Now install the Aeyes pits again,run the exe`s and select Uninstall (No Reinstall or Update! )
Then fully install them back again,update once installed.

Now copy the 3 Koreaobj* Files from the Folder
C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects
again back into the directory
C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/Theatres/Skunkworks/Objects
over write if asked
Now take the original backups from the folder on your Desktop and place them back into
C: /program/Lead Pursuit/Battlefield/Operations/terrdata/objects

Now the Aeyes Pits will work!
Make sure you click on the 2D Map and select a base before committing,if I didn`t do this my install would crash to Desktop.

Starting the Campaign:
Load a skunkworks battlefield. Load the saved campaign file "Use_This_One". Commit. Clock starts.
Upon selecting the save file you will see carriers in place of squadrons on the minimap. I assure you this has no affect any gameplay aspects, just an unknown bug.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: AF mod : SkunkWorks

Post by Snake Man » 2010-07-19 09:48:36

Interesting news, thanks for posting ccc!
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-07-19 11:25:04

Thanks for your post ccc.
Very interesting.
I am really curious.
I hope it could be modded for various theaters.
:)

Is it possible to safely replace old model in AF database ?( I mean geometry).

Luk

sputterfish
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Modeling + Texturing

Post by sputterfish » 2010-07-27 18:43:02

Hi guys Demonlord here,

I would personally like to thank you guys over here at the PMC for setting up the basis of the layout and installer which i used and followed for setting up this Mod.
What you guys have set up here and the wiki's have made it so much easier to work towards our goal.

Thanks very much,

Cheers and I hope everyone will enjoy it.

molnibalage
Colonel
Editing Interests: Modeling

Post by molnibalage » 2010-07-28 06:33:09

Does this the 'Aeyes cockpit works' mean that non F-16 AC can have its own dedicated pits? I have flown only a very little time but except the skins I was not able to discover big differenfce from original AF.
New models for most weapons and aircraft
Are we speaking about 3D models? I checked at least 10 AC. F-16, F/A-18, F-15, Su-24 and other major AC in the game and some weapons. I did not see any difference.
-Improved air-defense, pilot skill, ground force AI
I tested only reaction of AI pilots to different engagements and threats. I did not discover major difference. What should I see? Can you help me to understand how you can make this chanes? Maybe they can be done in other versions.
--Updated ACFT loadouts to better reflect real world capabilities
I checked only some red jets. Some are still inaccurate. For ex. there is a MiG-23MLD in DB. Ok. The major change for this AC was a new radar and R-73 integration and dispensers. R-73 is missing, I have'nt check the radar data and dispensers yet.
-Enabled nuclear weapons (blue & red side) (1 in 100 chance of resupplying nukes)
IMHO this is the baddest idea for any Falcon version in any campaign.
-Recalculated weapon data to better reflect real world capabilities (range, speed, damage ect)
How could you modify the dat files? They are coded. I checked the sensor properties of most common weapons. I did not see any changes for R-73, R-77, AIM-9M/X, ect and for many SAMs. IMHO many of them are still seriously overmodeled. Agains many weapon dispensers and jammer just an ornament on your AC they are useless.
Enabled FULL stealth to F-22 & other stealth based ACFT
I do not understand why you do this. IRL there is not exist a 100% invisible AC for radars.

I respect the work of others but after a short check and test I did not see any difference from original AF. :(
I loved the campaign of AF many years ago because likely this is the most fixed, it is realy working. Groumd units follow your orders enemy ATO is very good. The AI is agressive, fly SEAD missions, ect. Only problem that beacasue of DB and created campaign they are not enjoyable. They are too easy or too hard or just simply does not try model the reality.
Core 2 Duo E7300, Gigabyte EP43, 4 GB RAM (1066MHz), Shappire Radeon HD4850 1GB

sputterfish
Editing Interests: Modeling + Texturing

Post by sputterfish » 2010-07-29 21:02:17

Well if you cant figure out the differences maybe you should just not play it. We aren't asking you to.

Cheers.

Return to “Falcon 4 General”