Planned Ground Troop Movement - TE

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Epic
2nd Lt

Planned Ground Troop Movement - TE

Post by Epic » 2007-01-15 21:22:34

Hey Guys

I realize that you are working with campaigns most of the time, but I am hoping that you can help. I am trying to set up a mini-campaign in the form of a TE.

I am hoping to have ground troops start moving at a specific time in order to create a firefight that On Call CAS flights can be vectored to. So far, I have determined that ground troops start moving when the TE starts no matter what time I start the TE at.

I tried using the "inactive" setting and then set the amount of hours that I wanted the battalion to stay inactive by setting the amount of hours in the reinforce box.

The battalion stayed inactive the entire time. They did not show up in the OOB or on the TE map. I was running the TE, I wasn't in the TE builder.

After the battalion was supposed to be on station I saved the TE and checked it out in TacEdit. I found that the unit had been spotted and spotted at the time it should have become active. Additionally, the current waypoint was set to the destination waypoint where they should have been.

To me it appears that the unit moved properly, it just remained inactive for some reason. I haven't tested this in the 3d world, just the 3d.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I am hoping for a 30 mission 10 day TE.

Thanks in advance,

Epic

Malc
Lt Colonel

Post by Malc » 2007-01-15 21:35:41

You're on the right track with the Inactive, but F4's campaign engine seems to like to act on reloads...

It's no consolation and doesn't help, but if you save the TE after your planned activation time then reload it, does the unit appear/move?

This used to frustrate me to death when doing campaigns...

Epic
2nd Lt

Reload

Post by Epic » 2007-01-25 12:54:11

Malc

Thanks for the tip. I tried saving shortly after the number of hours I set the battalion to activate and re-loaded the TE and they did not activate. It must be a Campaign thing. I manually activated them in TacEdit and that worked, but it's not what I was hoping for.

Thanks anyways,

Epic

Return to “Falcon 4 General”