Gorilla Packages, how to build them (easily)?

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Gorilla Packages, how to build them (easily)?

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-26 18:59:22

Gorilla Packages

When I say gorilla packages I mean the large flight/group of planes attacking one target in coordinated manner. There was some tutorial by Marlin/Merlin guy (I can't remember his name now) but I can't find it, there is also story on combatsim.com which can be found here

What I'd like to know is how to build those gorilla packages easily in original Falcon 4 and in Falcon 4 Allied Force?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Peled
F4ITDG

Post by Peled » 2006-12-27 10:14:38

i never used that Gorillas Packages , i am fine with the ATO's that i am Flying ......anyway , good to know how it called....

Now , get in Sim and write the Package Number for the Flight you want to get that "Gorilla Package" for...
Open Tacedit-----> Open the Cam/Tac file ---->Go to Team Column---->
Now for each Team there are Air Tasks and Ground Tasks etc.
Get into the Air tasks Window--->Add Task Request and you'll get all the details there to fill in ....

is that what you were looking for ?
F4ITDG-Israeli Theater Development Group (retired) .

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-27 15:03:54

Peled wrote:i never used that Gorillas Packages
Yes the gorilla is a slang term for it if I'm not mistaken, meaning gorilla = big ape, big flight of mean aircrafts attacking the target.

In my personal view I see the gorilla package as good way of initiating the campaign, I would select the enemy's most heavily defended / important airbase which is causing headache by launching MiGs/SU27s against my forces and with gorilla package make SURE its destroyed by any cost.

With any cost I also mean that maybe the used force is excessive as there is tons of aircrafts in this package, but at the same time it would save friendly lives because the package was so strong and enemies would get killed or retreated on its way.

And yes it would be used anytime there is really important target to be destroyed, not just in the opening moves of the campaign.

Hmm hopefully I'm describing this so it sounds understandable.
Open Tacedit-----> Open the Cam/Tac file ---->Go to Team Column----> is that what you were looking for ?
Oh no no noo... heh no development editing or haxxoring of the files :)

I just mean the average joe user in the F4 campaign screen.

I suggested a add package feature for Codec back in the good old days, right now there is "Add Package" button on F4AF campaign when you right mouse click on enemy target, however... I cannot remember if this was already in the stock default F4 (I think it was) or was it really added by Codec?

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-01-03 09:58:44

The original Falcon 4.0 dont have the add package button available, its new feature in F4AF. Quite nice in fact to play some commander in the campaigns.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-01-05 09:58:50

I just "quickly" checked the Add Package button on F4AF, that quick test turned into 2hour session of fooling around in the campaign :o

Wow that add package is really nice feature to have, its shame other Falcon versions don't have it implemented, feels like after this session I cannot live without it.

I'd go as far as saying that all those new theaters where people bitch about no missions scheduled, will benefit greatly from this feature. The users can now create the missions/packages they want, instead of waiting 1 day in the scheduling mission screen.

PMC since 1984

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0

Post by Sherlock » 2007-01-05 15:31:44

Snake Man wrote:I just "quickly" checked the Add Package button on F4AF, that quick test turned into 2hour session of fooling around in the campaign :o

Wow that add package is really nice feature to have, its shame other Falcon versions don't have it implemented, feels like after this session I cannot live without it.

I'd go as far as saying that all those new theaters where people bitch about no missions scheduled, will benefit greatly from this feature. The users can now create the missions/packages they want, instead of waiting 1 day in the scheduling mission screen.
Yeah. I have to agree with you SM. It's pure laziness on their part because they don't want to get their "hands dirty" with having to do the ATO function. I personally love tasking missions.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-01-05 16:43:39

My experiment is based on the default "middle" campaign of original Korea, so perhaps its easy campaign anyways... but I found out that its dead easy to win or at least get major choke hold on a campaign with playing the commander using Add Package feature.

Do you find it more easier to win campaign using this feature instead relying on the AI doing the ATO?

Oh btw, the another feature I didn't mention is the "ATO set by HQ", when you turn it off there is NO missions scheduled, wow hehe that is cool feature to have, its just you to plan the frag using huge Gorilla Packages :twisted:

PMC since 1984

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0

Post by Sherlock » 2007-01-05 16:59:16

Snake Man wrote:My experiment is based on the default "middle" campaign of original Korea, so perhaps its easy campaign anyways... but I found out that its dead easy to win or at least get major choke hold on a campaign with playing the commander using Add Package feature.

Do you find it more easier to win campaign using this feature instead relying on the AI doing the ATO?

Oh btw, the another feature I didn't mention is the "ATO set by HQ", when you turn it off there is NO missions scheduled, wow hehe that is cool feature to have, its just you to plan the frag using huge Gorilla Packages :twisted:
Actually, my favorite way to play using the ATO is to turn everything off except DCA with the sliders then set the paks where I want them. What this does is generate all the DCA missions in the ATO automatically (so I don't have to) and then I manually task everything else. I usually start a campaign with SEAD Strikes, followed up with OCA Strikes then I start pounding on the enemy units. I will drop some bridges depending on the scenario to impede enemy movement/supply. When I have air superiority I start taking out the CCC, Army bases and produciton centers. It works everytime. Add package makes this sim very powerfull for the enduser.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Return to “Falcon 4 General”