Annoying AIM-120!

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Annoying AIM-120!

Post by Butcher_ss » 2003-01-03 06:58:00

Hello guys. I must say that if the real AIM-120 is as it is presented in Falcon then real pilots will find it very difficult at times. I have noticed for some time now that the missile really goes autonomous. What I mean is that when I lock onto a target, and fire the missile while the countdown has gone to T, the missile might not pursue the locked target but instead pursue another nearby one. This is annoying because I had to discard my mission because the missile pursued on of my allies and apparently destroyed it. Another thing that I have noticed is that the missile countdown goes to T and I fire the missile and while I close the gap to the target, the missile countdown goes from T to A and then I have to maintain the radar lock so that the missile becomes autonomous again. I find the second problem I mentioned more logical that the first one since I can somewhat understand it. Maybe if the target is moving in a direction and the missile tries to turn. I am not sure of this but is it som kind of a bug perhaps??

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

Return to “Falcon 4 General”