SP4

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: SP4

Post by ccc » 2002-11-29 13:22:00

Probably the latest "official" SP4 news by Chris..
http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/show ... adid=33751

=======================
Regarding SP4 - there are changes to pretty much the entire simulation in terms of accuracy of modelling for missiles, aircraft, ground units. The database has also had a massive expansion in the naval side (among other areas) and many of the placeholder entities that were put into SP3 have been fleshed out. The models the F4LE group have been producing are of the highest quality and AFIAK most if not all of those considered finished by them will be included. There is also added functionality such as the parking, which was programmed into the SP3 exe but we didn't have the time to do the matching data. There will be some marked enhancements to the airbases in terms of object density and of course there are more trees and buildings on objectives together with some containing points from AAA/SAM placement so units deploy properly when assigned rather than sit there in a convenient line. The F16 has undergone a program to get as many of the different variants in as possible as has the F4.

Of course the whole thing is an ongoing effort so there should be an SP5/6 etc

Regarding the F4UT stance on hi-res my own opinion as a member of the management team is that the SP releases are more fundemental to people being able to play the sim and therefore more heed has to be taken to the low end user. However, I agree that SP4 will be probably be the last 256x256 default release and I expect SP5 will contain 512x512 as a default. Hopefully the Balkans using 512x512 as a default will persuade the remaining V3/2 users to upgrade whilst not excluding them from the SP series altogether. I think that's a nice compromise where you can fly SP with older hardware but if you want enhanced addons such as the Balkans it will mean an upgrade.

WolfPack
Recruit

Post by WolfPack » 2002-12-28 10:15:00

Who or what is "F4LE"?

johku
Recruit

Post by johku » 2002-12-28 23:30:00

quote:Originally posted by WolfPack:
Who or what is "F4LE"?
It's little group of 3d-programmers, whose name is Falcon 4 Lod Editor (=F4LE).

Return to “Falcon 4 General”