Why aren't all aeroplanes used?

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Why aren't all aeroplanes used?

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-09-11 14:02:00

Hey guys. I am a bit disappointed in you or rather in those who are building newer theaters and many of the aeroplanes found in tactical engagement aren't used in any of the campaigns. I would like to give examples such as the SU-33, SU-35 etc. Many of this aeroplanes, including the F-16 Aggressor are not used and I am wondering what is the purpose of adding them to the game if they are nowhere. I understand that not all aeroplanes are available but do they become available at any stage in any of the campaigns. I would very much like to see some of them and especially I would like to eliminate some of those enemies such as the SU-35 or the SU-32
Butcher_ss.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: Why aren't all aeroplanes used?

Post by ccc » 2002-09-11 14:21:00

God knows, grab a copy of f4browse/tacedit/lodeditor, maybe you can activiate them yourself? :p :p

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-09-11 14:27:00

quote:Originally posted by ccc:
God knows, grab a copy of f4browse/tacedit/lodeditor, maybe you can activiate them yourself? :p :p
Do you mean that the aeroplanes are not activated at any case?? Why were they added in the firstplace?
Butcher_ss.

hduman
Recruit

Post by hduman » 2002-09-12 10:20:00

Butcher,

All the other aircraft types not used in the Korea campaign are to be used in other campaigns developed by many others.

ýf you would like to play around the Korea campaign, I would recommend you to download and use Tacedit.exe for editing the save0.cam file located in the Microprose/Falcon/campaign/save directory.

Before all make a copy of the save0.cam file for safety reasons.

In Tacedit.exe,
1. Open the save0.cam file,
2. Go to insert new unit,
3. Select inserting a squadron,
4. Pick the fighters and the A/C type in the adjacent drop down menus.
5. It will ask for the airbase, select the one you like blue or red.
6. Then save the campaign file.
7. Exit

Now start Falcon, pick the campaign in the middle and select the airbase and the squadron. Voila...

Have a good day...

DUMAN is out...
DUMAN sendz...

icebrain
1st Lt

Post by icebrain » 2002-09-13 16:22:00

Many of them have been added but their data files and such are not quite finished yet. Other aircraft won't show up in some theaters (like you won't find a J-22 or a Eurofighter in Korea... or no F-5's in the Balkans) because you wouldn't find the real aircraft there. Now, you should be able to access other aircraft in TE once they get activated.

Return to “Falcon 4 General”