Israel Theater Release

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Israel Theater Release

Post by Death_119 » 2002-11-29 15:10:00

After 2.5 years of work, much of work hours, hand tiling and making Snakeman go insane i'm proud (i guess) to say that the theater is done and up for release.

before i will continue buballing as usual i would like first to mention all the people who stood beside me along the project and the years, and since i messed up the credit list, its the least i can do for them:

Ivo "Widow Maker AKA Metal Head" Schperclau

What can i say, Widow was along the years and specially in the past 1.5 was my main target. couldn't do any thing with out you m8 :).

Julian "Codec" Onions

One of the most briliant and smartess people i ever had the honor to spoke with, thank you for all, and i'm truly sorry for all the weird questions along the years.

Fred "BaldEagle" Balding

Not so far from Codec, and again a great man, hard to see this community with out him.
really appreciate all.

steven "Crossup"

The first man who spoke with me about it, who taught me how to reg my theater, and who guided me along my first foot steps, THANK YOU!

"CCC"

Oh boy, my third love along the years (don't freak out :)). what can i say, when i never had the strenght and the power to carry out the work CCC was always there with his kind words, great skins or good intentions, really appreciate that!

"Snake-Man"

I don't think i have to say much about this person, with out him even Widow couldn't have the abilitty to assist me, sooooo much to thank about :).

Josh "Tbone" Liang

Thank you for the great talks over the nights, your weird stories, and far and most from all your great textures and amazing work.

Colin "Cooler" Morrow

Knew colin much recently but from this one i can surely say how much lucky we are the Falcon 4 community to have such person among us. and yeah sound is working, thanks for all.

Stephen "HotDogOne" French

Oh boy, French :). i think one of the greatest, nicest, and again greatest persons i had the honor to meet. thank you for all, i don't think i have the abilitery to put all into words :).

and please visit this guy site, he's been truly the most and best gifted photographer i have ever seen.

Chris "Washout" Carter

Also met recently, so ok i used to spy after his massages by mail for years, shoot me, but can i say there is much to learn from this guy (don't worry, not what you think), please forgive me :).

Itai "Echo" Sotler

Well, a young Israeli Falconeer, did try to help me along the way with tiling, tho he came to realize this thing isn't really for him. but thank you for all the good intantions and informatoin along the way :).

Rob "Vexx" Yurystowski

Ha yes, Vexx. lost a bit contact with him, do hope he will see my thanks for him. the most smartest canadian ever i belive (like we know those). thank you for all the good intantions and all the poor versions i used to give you.

The Ron Nair Team
Swiss Flight Team

What can i say, one of the best skin makers groups i ever saw in my life. sorry for stealing some of your skins, please don't shoot me. credit all goes to you.

hope i didn't forget anyone, if so, please, BUT PLEASE, forgive me for that!

ok, thats the most of it i guess. i know its bad, so don't shoot me please .

magistertc

Re: Israel Theater Release

Post by magistertc » 2002-11-29 15:24:00

Indeed good news. Thanks for all the hard work.
Anxiously awaiting a link to a download site........Maestro

Widowmaker
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by Widowmaker » 2002-11-29 16:49:00

although you totally misspelled my name..
Congratulations

/widmak
Widmak

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-11-29 17:21:00

quote:Originally posted by Death_119:
After 2.5 years of work, much of work hours, hand tiling and making Snakeman go insane i'm proud (i guess) to say that the theater is done and up for release.

before i will continue buballing as usual i would like first to mention all the people who stood beside me along the project and the years, and since i messed up the credit list, its the least i can do for them:

Ivo "Widow Maker AKA Metal Head" Schperclau

What can i say, Widow was along the years and specially in the past 1.5 was my main target. couldn't do any thing with out you m8 :).

Julian "Codec" Onions

One of the most briliant and smartess people i ever had the honor to spoke with, thank you for all, and i'm truly sorry for all the weird questions along the years.

Fred "BaldEagle" Balding

Not so far from Codec, and again a great man, hard to see this community with out him.
really appreciate all.

steven "Crossup"

The first man who spoke with me about it, who taught me how to reg my theater, and who guided me along my first foot steps, THANK YOU!

"CCC"

Oh boy, my third love along the years (don't freak out :)). what can i say, when i never had the strenght and the power to carry out the work CCC was always there with his kind words, great skins or good intentions, really appreciate that!

"Snake-Man"

I don't think i have to say much about this person, with out him even Widow couldn't have the abilitty to assist me, sooooo much to thank about :).

Josh "Tbone" Liang

Thank you for the great talks over the nights, your weird stories, and far and most from all your great textures and amazing work.

Colin "Cooler" Morrow

Knew colin much recently but from this one i can surely say how much lucky we are the Falcon 4 community to have such person among us. and yeah sound is working, thanks for all.

Stephen "HotDogOne" French

Oh boy, French :). i think one of the greatest, nicest, and again greatest persons i had the honor to meet. thank you for all, i don't think i have the abilitery to put all into words :).

and please visit this guy site, he's been truly the most and best gifted photagrepher i have ever seen.

Chris "Washout" Carter

Also met recently, so ok i used to spy after his massages by mail for years, shoot me, but can i say there is much to learn from this guy (don't worry, not what you think), please forgive me :).

Itai "Echo" Sotler

Well, a young Israeli Falconeer, did try to help me along the way with tiling, tho he came to realize this thing isn't really for him. but thank you for all the good intantions and informatoin along the way :).

Rob "Vexx" Yurystowski

Ha yes, Vexx. lost a bit contact with him, do hope he will see my thanks for him. the most smartest canadian ever i belive (like we know those). thank you for all the good intantions and all the poor versions i used to give you.

The Ron Nair Team
Swiss Flight Team

What can i say, one of the best skin makers groups i ever saw in my life. sorry for stealing some of your skins, please don't shoot me. credit all goes to you.

hope i didn't forget anyone, if so, please, BUT PLEASE, forgive me for that!

ok, thats the most of it i guess. i know its bad, so don't shoot me please .

Where can we get the theater?? I am sure that all your hard work was worth it. I am really anxious to play this theater and I am absolutely sure that it will be great. Keep up the good work guys! :)

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Post by Death_119 » 2002-11-29 17:45:00

quote:Originally posted by Widowmaker:
although you totally misspelled my name..
Congratulations

/widmak
Yeah, it suppose to be - Schäperclaus
i assume.

sorry for that, and thank you all for the feedback.

HotDogOne
Recruit

Post by HotDogOne » 2002-11-29 17:58:00

you can grab the theater from:
http://www.hotdogone.net/dudi/israeltheatre.zip

Extra mirrors should be available soon.

If you cant d/l it that will be because I have changed its location in an attempt to preserve some bandwidth on my site :)

crossup
Recruit

Post by crossup » 2002-11-29 21:42:00

Congratulations Dudi, and thanks for the acknowledgement.
I dont know if many people realize it but Dudi is a rather young man and I for one am very impressed with his ability to devote the massive amount of time such a theater takes while coping with young adulthood. I know when I was his age I didnt have the discipline.
One must also compliment him on the quality of the work, remember its a one man theater not a large team.
Hats off to you Dudi, like we say over here:
"You're the man!" :D

RP
Recruit

Post by RP » 2002-11-30 01:32:00

Dudi....

Yo da man!!

Thanks for your valued effort!!!! Well done.
==============
RP out!

cobracab
Recruit

Post by cobracab » 2002-11-30 01:48:00

Awesome work! I loaded up a quick mission, looks like it'll be packed full o' stuff.
One small item (you new this had to come :)) The skin on the f16 is not visible on the left wing. Is this easily fixed?
The Average Virtual Viper Driver

far148

Post by far148 » 2002-11-30 02:35:00

HA Death_119,
We need a kneemap, I tried to use the map from ODS, but one the theater are different sizes and two the maps are too. :?
"Those who stand for nothing, Falls for anything!!"

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Post by Death_119 » 2002-11-30 04:11:00

There was some mistake over the Install Shield so the installer picked up the wrong skin for install (i guess). just replace it manualy, won't be much of work.

and yes, a kneemap is indeed missing, i never uses it so i never saw it as important. but if it is really missing for some people i will have no problem making a new one for the theater by today.

hope you enjoy it and thank you for trying.

Edit:

ok, i just made the keenmap, working just fine, here you go:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IPFF4/files/kneemap.zip

just make sure to open the gif into the right directory, lets say:

microprose/Falcon4/Campaign/Israeli

it will ask to replace the other keenmap.gif, allow it to do so.

thats all.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-11-30 04:34:00

quote:Originally posted by Crossup:
I dont know if many people realize it but Dudi is a rather young man and I for one am very impressed with his ability to devote the massive amount of time such a theater takes while coping with young adulthood. I know when I was his age I didnt have the discipline.
One must also compliment him on the quality of the work, remember its a one man theater not a large team.
Well said Crossup, exactly our thoughts!

Dudi, nice job. really nice.

cobracab
Recruit

Post by cobracab » 2002-11-30 04:40:00

Thanks for the response. I've been looking for a while now, but I can't seem to find where the files are kept. Can u help?

MonGooSe51

Post by MonGooSe51 » 2002-11-30 04:41:00

...just replace it manualy, won't be much of work.
thats all.
Thanks for the great theatre. Love it so far. Can you (or someone) explain to me how to replace it manually?? Thanks. You've done a great job.
:D

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-11-30 04:52:00

Snake Man: I think its time to set up a Israel theater forum!! :D

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-11-30 05:10:00

alright..first question here.. i encounter a popup notice: please use f4patch3.2 or higher, with expand mode..

my f4patch is 4.2 now from Mike's site(F111 stuff). unable to expand it.. what's wrong with my install?

cobracab
Recruit

Post by cobracab » 2002-11-30 05:14:00

Ok, here's what I did. Fair warning, though, these skins don't EXACTLY match the F4 Phantom skins. I believe the original textures from the installer are simply in the Israeli .lod file. Since I can't find the bitmap used for the right wing, I went to swissflight's site for the f4patch version of the IAF f16 and use IT (and just replaced all the skins for the f16). It works fine (they also have an f4skin version). I would, however, like to get all the bitmaps for the f16 so that I can have the skins match the f4 skins (it's a brighter color). That will hopefully do for the time being. :)

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Post by Death_119 » 2002-11-30 12:09:00

CCC, do the following thing:

you should have the ability to creat a new install package over F4patch. you can find that over the tools popup menue. after you have done that the new one will have the expand ability. that should work i belive. never faced the problem over the install, but i think it will also work over there.

how to replace it manualy? well just download Viperweare Israeli F-16 skin i belive, go to F4patch 1.5 or F4patch 2 there you will need to pick the right ID, which in this case will be 9 or 8. just check them both, one of them should be the gray one and replace it withthe right one. won't be much of work once youw ill try.

and really no need for another Forum, but thamks anyway :).

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-11-30 13:07:00

quote:Originally posted by HotDogOne:
you can grab the theater from:
http://www.hotdogone.net/dudi/israeltheatre.zip

Extra mirrors should be available soon.

If you cant d/l it that will be because I have changed its location in an attempt to preserve some bandwidth on my site :)
I have downloaded the theater from your link but I had one problem. The left wing on the F-16 was not the colour it was supposed to be. Instead it was grey(USAF colours). I am not sure whether that was because of a problem in the installation or whether the skin files are currupted. Have you had any similar problems?? I shall try installing the theater again and get back to you if that happens again.

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-11-30 13:35:00

CCC, do the following thing:

you should have the ability to creat a new install package over F4patch. you can find that over the tools popup menue. after you have done that the new one will have the expand ability. that should work i belive. never faced the problem over the install, but i think it will also work over there.
Wierd... I can't set up a new F4patch install!! :o
If you install Mike's F111 patch first, could it change something? I dunno if Israel theater install differ from others but, other PMC theater installations are ok in the past.

maybe i should try a fresh F4 install, later.

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Post by Death_119 » 2002-11-30 13:55:00

quote:Originally posted by Butcher_ss:
I have downloaded the theater from your link but I had one problem. The left wing on the F-16 was not the colour it was supposed to be. Instead it was grey(USAF colours). I am not sure whether that was because of a problem in the installation or whether the skin files are currupted. Have you had any similar problems?? I shall try installing the theater again and get back to you if that happens again.

Butcher_ss.

Its a problem over the Install Shield, you don't need to install all back, it will be just the same i belive. just fix it manualy like i said. applying new texture ain't that hard when you know how.

have fun.

CCC, thats werid, you can also do that by using the SP patch browse. but you should know that expand will delete all what ever you had over the F4patch folder, so be warn, it will return all to default.

but i belive that also a fresh one will be for the best if it is not too much to ask.

and i'm truly sorry for all the troubels.

swampy11
Recruit

Post by swampy11 » 2002-11-30 14:18:00

We've lost the knee map site. Can't wait to fly it.
`swamp

cobracab
Recruit

Post by cobracab » 2002-11-30 15:55:00

Ok, I've created an F4Patch file that incorporats the CORRECT F16 skin into the file (matching the F4 color scheme). I found the bitmaps at f4community.com and just created an f4p file for them. Let me know if you guys want them. I just need someone to host it. Basil Greber is the man that created the skins, and I've created the f4p files (not with his permission). I hope he doesn't get pissed. Maybe he'll read this and we can still be friends :)

The file is only 83 kilobytes and has been tested on my system.

cobracab
Recruit

Post by cobracab » 2002-11-30 16:25:00

Nuts, these aren't Basil's creations (that I know of), they are redone Viperwear skins. Sorry

HotDogOne
Recruit

Post by HotDogOne » 2002-11-30 18:53:00

chuck the files my way pls - ill get them hosted on my site

stefrench@ntlworld.com

far148

Post by far148 » 2002-11-30 20:37:00

Hi all,
Just playing in the new theater and the campaign needs work. Looks great but has problems.The time of flights taking off compare to the world time (in the sim)is wrong. you could have an OCA strike @ 11:30 with it showing it as briefing but world time would be 11:40??And I was setting up my waypoints for a OCA strike(runway) and got the call to scramble, click intercept and nothing!! No CTD, it was like super slow mode!nothing worked.The time stoped but I still heard the radio and aircraft taking off(Yes, I selected a flight)like the campaign was still runnimg and I could join in the fun!! it sucked. But, On the good side, my first mission was a CAS mission, fired off 6 AGM-65 @ a line of armours than downed two F-5,good flight,great action and good landing. After that the campaign went to Sh@# !!!Please help, we have been waiting for this for sometime now and can't fly in a campaign!!

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Post by Death_119 » 2002-11-30 22:11:00

Oh boy, i was affriad of this. you see, the only thing the kept me from releasing the theater a month and a half ago was the campaign. i faced soooo many diffrent sort of weird CTD and so, telling the truth i was able to solve most of them, but not all. also with the help of other guys we were still clueless, i will set things up again and will scan the campaign again to see if i can locate the problem.

Edit: just wanted to add:

the time thing is really first time for me to hear, never saw this happening. and the slow thing with the same. all intercept worked just fine over here, so also weird.

what about CTD? are you getting any?

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » 2002-12-01 00:07:00

Okay I have a problem........i installed the Israeli theatre but now cant see any other theatres i had already installed even the Korea theatre doesnt show under theatres now........i uninstalled the israeli theatre to see if that would work but nope. Everything is still missing but Korea is activated and works so dunno what is going on.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

kiwi

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » 2002-12-01 02:15:00

Okay Panther 77th over at Frugals world solved my problem he found what could have been the problem in what looks like a SP3 faq thingy and the problem was in a theatre file in falcons main folder......when i checked the file it only had the israeli theatre listed even though i had uninstalled the theatre. I just added the theatres i had back into that file and saved and everything showed up again then reinstalled israeli theatre and its all working again.

kiwi

MonGooSe51

Post by MonGooSe51 » 2002-12-01 03:37:00

...the time thing is really first time for me to hear, never saw this happening. and the slow thing with the same. all intercept worked just fine over here, so also weird.
what about CTD? are you getting any?
You've done a wonderful job, so no sweat it; it'll all work out. :D :D

far148

Post by far148 » 2002-12-01 04:42:00

Nuts, these aren't Basil's creations (that I know of), they are redone Viperwear skins. Sorry
Hi all,
Yah, the skins named IAF F-16 from F4 communtiy.com,I made(redone)them,and yes, they are redone "ViperWear" skins. All I did was add the extra chaff and flare dispenser under the elevators, add the aircraft no# to each,fix the camo job!
P.S. The IAF F-4 skins... mine too!(also has a tail set at F4 community)
It was the less I could do :)

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-12-01 07:54:00

Its a problem over the Install Shield, you don't need to install all back, it will be just the same i belive. just fix it manualy like i said. applying new texture ain't that hard when you know how.

have fun.

CCC, thats werid, you can also do that by using the SP patch browse. but you should know that expand will delete all what ever you had over the F4patch folder, so be warn, it will return all to default.

but i belive that also a fresh one will be for the best if it is not too much to ask.

and i'm truly sorry for all the troubels.
There is a problem however since I do not know how to do so. If you are kind enough and give me a hand here I would really appreciate it. I haven't installed any skins in the past or other textures as you say, so I don't really know how, so I am lost here. I would appreciate any assistance by you death_119 or whoever knows how to install them manually. Thanks!!

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

cobracab
Recruit

Post by cobracab » 2002-12-01 14:55:00

Thanks, sorry, didn't mean to give out the wrong credits. My bad. I fixed it in my revised f4p files, too. :)

Cobracab
quote:Originally posted by far148:
Hi all,
Yah, the skins named IAF F-16 from F4 communtiy.com,I made(redone)them,and yes, they are redone "ViperWear" skins. All I did was add the extra chaff and flare dispenser under the elevators, add the aircraft no# to each,fix the camo job!
P.S. The IAF F-4 skins... mine too!(also has a tail set at F4 community)
It was the less I could do :)

cobracab
Recruit

Post by cobracab » 2002-12-01 14:57:00

You can get the f4p fix here: http://www.vfa105.com/

Make SURE you read the readme.txt file before installing.

Cobracab
quote:Originally posted by Butcher_ss:
There is a problem however since I do not know how to do so. If you are kind enough and give me a hand here I would really appreciate it. I haven't installed any skins in the past or other textures as you say, so I don't really know how, so I am lost here. I would appreciate any assistance by you death_119 or whoever knows how to install them manually. Thanks!!

Butcher_ss.

far148

Post by far148 » 2002-12-01 15:57:00

Cobracab,
No problem man! As for the fix , I fix mine already, but if you dont mine will post your link over on F4 community forum.Longshot has made up some egyptian skins for the theater but need alittle fixing.I am going to rework them and post them when done over there.He found that the egpytian 16s look like IAF 16 and it was in the middle of a dog fight! :eek:

cobracab
Recruit

Post by cobracab » 2002-12-01 16:19:00

Cool, thanks. Not a problem. By the way, I'm currently working on a combined f4patch skin install. I have Viperwear's blessing (pending their final approval). If you or your friends work on some skins, do you mind if I incorporate them? All I ask is that you use the texture numbers for your bmp files.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-12-01 16:21:00

After another FRESH F4 install_108_SP3, YEAH~~IT WORKS!!! :D :D

I do a quick check, wow, great job Dudi, i noted realistic Sq deployment and patches in campaign UI. enter the campaign, wooow, very very intensive activities there, i jumped in some BARCAP/CAS/NAval strike flights, COOL, horrible, fire's everywhere, tons flights, smoke trails, tanks...Though suffering FPS drop, the fight is truely breathtaking, you must move fast to survive!!

This theater is definitely worthy of further developemnt!

With limited flight hours in this theater, my 2c here:

1. should arrange a more complete skin pack to support it. i'll send you some files.
2. Derby should be used..
3. wierd, python4 no HMS support? or i miss something?
4. Spike's mig21/su25/mig29 model may need some fix, that decal system prevent using other nationality roundels?
5. installer may need a cheek, i've not installed other theaters yet..

far148

Post by far148 » 2002-12-01 19:24:00

Cobracab!!!
The skins are finished and is posted at F4 community forum.
here is the link to the forum: http://www.f4community.com/forum/showth ... genumber=2
My post is Egypt F-16 skins!!!

cobracab
Recruit

Post by cobracab » 2002-12-01 21:18:00

Cool, thanks, I'll add them to the list :)

I'll send a screenshot of my work a little later tonight. It's coming along VERY well. I have to say, I've been very impressed with the Viperwear and Swissflight folks so far, and it's really coming along as a good team effort.

cobracab
Recruit

Post by cobracab » 2002-12-01 21:30:00

Here's a link to a screenshot in f4patch: http://members.cox.net/cbodiker/images/f4patch1.gif

Should give you a good idea of what I'm doing :)

Return to “Falcon 4 General”