Install Issue

Nevada theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

DemoVFW

Install Issue

Post by DemoVFW » 2008-08-27 02:24:46

I installed the Nevada Theater with no issues. Made a TE, and flew around to check the theater out. After that, I decided the theater wasn't what I was looking for, and uninstalled the theater by deleting the Nevada folder.

But the next time I launched the game, a pop-up window shows up saying "Registry Error - Choose the OF directory matching the version you want to fly". So I browse to the Microprose folder to point to my OF install, and nothing happens... the same window pops up again.

So next, I updated my "theater.1st" file so it doesn't have Nevada in it, and tried to launch the game from the "F4-BMS.exe" file. But when I do that it says, I need to Insert the F4 CD.

Any ideas what I screwed up, or how I can fix it? Any help would be appreciated. I have a back up install but I'd really like to know how I screwed it up and/or how I can fix it.

Thanks.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-08-27 05:07:26

Must be the registry pointing to a Nevada theater... which you dont have any more. Use regedit to replace it back to Korea.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

DemoVFW

Post by DemoVFW » 2008-08-27 17:33:27

Thanks!