Radio Comms

Nevada theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Pallbearer-FB-VFW
Recruit

Radio Comms

Post by Pallbearer-FB-VFW » 2008-02-25 21:35:14

I would like to ask a question..Ive noticed that the Nevada Theater in its latest release has no ability to interface with the Tower radio Freq.s..For Wings that fly OF, this is really a showstopper, as we use IVC comms within the Sim..I was wondering if anyone has taken this up and work is being done on it currently? It is a nce theater for training and would be perfect for OF if the comms channels were useable..Thanks..PB

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Radio Comms

Post by Sherlock » 2008-02-25 22:11:04

Pallbearer-FB-VFW wrote:I would like to ask a question..Ive noticed that the Nevada Theater in its latest release has no ability to interface with the Tower radio Freq.s..For Wings that fly OF, this is really a showstopper, as we use IVC comms within the Sim..I was wondering if anyone has taken this up and work is being done on it currently? It is a nce theater for training and would be perfect for OF if the comms channels were useable..Thanks..PB
Airfield selection is not done for Nevada so the stations.dat file (where the ATC comms come from) cannot be accomplished yet.

See this thread for a little more background on what is happening in this area. viewtopic.php?t=21120

If you want to hurry things along a little more contact Red Dog and let him know you are willing to help out in this area. He can tell you where you need to help.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2008-02-26 14:27:06

Nevada is next on my list
I'm hoping to close ODS before the end of the week

I can't start Nevada as long as ODS is not complete, I'm not multitask enough for that as the work I do is quite complicated.
Luckily, I get a lot of help from very good guys to speed up the process.

I have great projects for airbases in Nevada but I'll need help from a guy being able to place new airbases on short notice request :D
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

Pallbearer-FB-VFW
Recruit

Post by Pallbearer-FB-VFW » 2008-02-27 14:02:15

Thanks for the explanation..If you need any help please let me know..PB