Same a/c different teams

Nevada theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Same a/c different teams

Post by T_Rex » 2001-08-30 16:07:00

Did anyone figure out a way to have two aircraft (like F-16s [edit - or MiG-29s/Su-27s]) be in the same theater on different sides in a campaign? I'm thinking I may have an issue like that with something I'm working on.

Thanks,
T
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: Same a/c different teams

Post by ccc » 2001-08-31 00:08:00

Same type of a/c in different sides, you got to add new CT records by duplicating the a/c you want, then change its team. It will change the whole f4 data base.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2001-08-31 01:34:00

I havent tested it yet, but at least in Tacedit you can have for example U.S. Mig-29 squadron.

I can test this out later.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

hc_pookie
2nd Lt

Post by hc_pookie » 2001-09-20 17:48:00

T_Rex,

If you want to add new aircraft squadrons, the TacEdit will do this for you with no problems. The only issue is that they will both use the same skins!

If you want to add new aircraft squadrons with different skins, then this can be achieved with eF1.10 by using texture sets.

Texture sets are what the F-16 uses for the different tail skins. Thanks to Julian we have the ability to use different texture sets for any aircraft!

There is some information on the F4Terrain forum about them. The different texture sets are utilized when entering squadron numbers. The squadron number is inserted into a simple formula, and will display whichever skin is assigned to the texture set.

I have been adding the multi-skin aircraft in the F4Terrain data patches and I have added texture sets for:

5 F/A-18C
3 F/A-18D
5 Mig-21

I know there are more to add, but this is the start of the list. We must add a new 3D model for texture sets because the texture set information is contained within the 3D model.

If you want to have different loadouts for the different aircraft, then texture sets won't work - a brand new aircraft record must be added, because the loadouts are per-vehicle.

Hope this helps.

- Jerry

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Post by T_Rex » 2001-09-20 21:15:00

Thanks Jerry!

Actually, I tried to follow that thread for awhile. It started look too much like math. *shivvvverrrr* :)

Thanks for the update, I'll try to follow that more closely, too. Now if I can only get some of these theaters closer to being done....

T
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

Com_gp
Colonel

Post by Com_gp » 2001-09-20 21:54:00

quote:Originally posted by T_Rex:

Now if I can only get some of these theaters closer to being done....
First of all, thanks to all of you for helping me with this subject and..., well, the nevada theater beta 1 is everyday closer :)

Object placement is done thanks to Snake122, although i will have to rename again all the airports he put because my theater strings (*.wch) are mest up, the campaing is in 1% stage yet, which makes me sad, but Vexx will make some missions as soon as the theater is tiled.

Charts, curious things and rest of stuff is mostly done, i probably will finish doing a little manual... :)

ComGP

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2001-09-21 03:55:00

quote:Originally posted by Com_gp:
Object placement is done thanks to Snake122,
How about the campaign I created for you?
quote:although i will have to rename again all the airports he put because my theater strings (*.wch) are mest up,
The campaign files created for Nevada first installer are still sitting in the directory. Let me know if you need them.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

hc_pookie
2nd Lt

Post by hc_pookie » 2001-09-21 16:42:00

T_Rex,

Not a problem! It did get math intensive, until I learned what the heck Julian was talking about! :^)

Just to make things easy for myself, I created a calculator to eliminate guesswork for squadron number/texture set selection:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/f4terrain ... etCalc.htm

-and just the VBScript: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/f4terrain ... odulus.zip

So, assuming your 3D model has texture sets, you will know which texture set will be utilized by whichever squadron you select.

- Jerry

hc_pookie
2nd Lt

Post by hc_pookie » 2001-09-21 16:51:00

Com_gp,

Glad to hear progress is happening in Nevada! I just wanted to let you know what is happening with the objectives we are adding in the F4Terrain data patches...

I've added "Practice Targets" and could use some advice as to what people want for targets. I was thinking of big, 10-foot-tall buildings with a bullseye bitmap. Also a few static tanks and APCs for gunnery practice.

To that, I've also had to change the F-16 AGSR record number, so you may have to reconfigure some things. The good thing is that all of the new weapons and objectives will be added:
- Target Range
- Submarine Dock
- Offshore Oil Platforms (can be docked at by ships)
- Refugee Camps (attack/defend objective)
- Pyramids
... and a few others. Forests are still on hold. This should allow a greater selection for the other theaters. Also adding new aircraft records besides the F-16 AGSR like EF-2000, F-105, F-104, Mig-29G (German AF) and a few others.

BTW, the F-16 AGSR is using the Mig-29A radar. I suspect this is more accurate since the Mig-29C is the newer version and probably less available.

- Jerry

Com_gp
Colonel

Post by Com_gp » 2001-09-21 23:09:00

SnakeMan, yeah, i still have your campaing, but, well, you remember, its a very unrealistic campaing :)

BTW, whenever you need the lods of the F105 or the Ef2k just let me know, i will send them to you.

Thanks to you all for everything,

ComGP

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2001-09-22 01:41:00

practice targets..ya i have the lods, but no power to fire up my puter yet.

ComGP, i cant access my files at this moment, you'd better make some for Jerry, easy case yah.

PS: build them in 10+ x 10+ feet standing square plate, then paste a texture( using pink for transparent part). dont forget to draw a "stratfied" skin for damage lod..just like old days in Hornet Korea! & Falcon3,

btw, be sure to add bombing practice targets with laying square plate, some chalk white bulleyes on pink transparent skin. damage/crater skin should be included for visual.

Com_gp
Colonel

Post by Com_gp » 2001-10-01 09:26:00

quote:Originally posted by ccc:
practice targets..ya i have the lods, but no power to fire up my puter yet.

ComGP, i cant access my files at this moment, you'd better make some for Jerry, easy case yah.

PS: build them in 10+ x 10+ feet standing square plate, then paste a texture( using pink for transparent part). dont forget to draw a "stratfied" skin for damage lod..just like old days in Hornet Korea! & Falcon3,

btw, be sure to add bombing practice targets with laying square plate, some chalk white bulleyes on pink transparent skin. damage/crater skin should be included for visual.
Well, ive done some objectes for gunery and bombing practice, they are done in 3ds, now just gotta import them into lod format and remake the node tree, they are pretty simple so... i dont think it will take me much time... if i had it...
Ill try to post some pic ASAP

ComGP