Shouldn't Nevada be training?

Nevada theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Shouldn't Nevada be training?

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-09-22 20:51:00

I know guys that in Nevada there is the Red Flag taking place. I know that this is a very realistic training exercise but this is not the case in Falcon since you face real enemies. I think that it would be better if this was just a training campaign where you could improve your skills just like the real thing and where the F-16 Aggressors could be used. I am happy with the theater but I think that if the Nevada theater was just training it would help players even more to improve their skills in Falcon4. I think there is the same problem with the original training missions because people who are new and want to find out how to play the game get killed in the training missions too early. For example if someone is flying the AIM-7 training mission, until he manages to lock onto a target and fires the missile the enemy aeroplanes would have already fired their missiles. The same happens in most tarining missions because they have to face real enemies without being ready for it. I think that there is a gap there which needs to be improved.
That's my opinion anyway!!

Butcher_ss :) :)
Butcher_ss.

AlliedHawk

Re: Shouldn't Nevada be training?

Post by AlliedHawk » 2002-10-10 09:26:00

Good point there,

Back in the old days (even before F4Patch from Mr. Bierling) I believe there was this patch which made every missile fired at you a dud. This is much better than turning on invincibility (which BTW degrades your ace-factor). Also, this could be easier then making a ACMI-based training, with a "simulated" shootdown.

Just my $0.02

Cheers,

Allied