User Interface - Allied Force

Operation Desert Storm theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

User Interface - Allied Force

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-09 11:32:34

User Interface (UI) - Allied Force (F4AF).

In the v0.512 release there is the existing graphics in the art\desstorm1 - 3 directories. Those rsc files could be used as source to greate the UI for F4AF.

I'm mainly looking now hassle, no fancy stuff, just plain basic working UI with the instant action, campaign squadron selection maps and campaign selection buttons as well as the intel news blips maps nicely setup. I think for the default F4AF UI the colors are not fitting well since its greyish, the ODS colors could be changed, I'm okay with that. Also the usage of AWACS map need to be figured out since the v0.6 had quite few people reporting seeing only it, instead of the normal campmap.

Sherlock, you've said few days ago you're busy with reallife/etc, but would you like to make the UI for AF and if so, in what timeframe about?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0

Re: User Interface - Allied Force

Post by Sherlock » 2007-04-09 15:36:45

Snake Man wrote:User Interface (UI) - Allied Force (F4AF).

In the v0.512 release there is the existing graphics in the art\desstorm1 - 3 directories. Those rsc files could be used as source to greate the UI for F4AF.

I'm mainly looking now hassle, no fancy stuff, just plain basic working UI with the instant action, campaign squadron selection maps and campaign selection buttons as well as the intel news blips maps nicely setup. I think for the default F4AF UI the colors are not fitting well since its greyish, the ODS colors could be changed, I'm okay with that. Also the usage of AWACS map need to be figured out since the v0.6 had quite few people reporting seeing only it, instead of the normal campmap.

Sherlock, you've said few days ago you're busy with reallife/etc, but would you like to make the UI for AF and if so, in what timeframe about?
SM,
I'd be willing to do this, but I have to point out that guys like Khronik are MUCH more talented with Photoshop then I am. Just look at the graphics he's posted versus what I've done. Yeh, I can make it work NP, but his work is much better looking then mine! :)

At least give Khronik the chance to say he doesn't have the time before taking my minor league stuff :)

Khronik?
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-09 16:18:45

Ok thats easy choice; you do the SCF files which in fact I know you already have done! hey job almost done :)

As I said to the other guy, lets get the backbone SCF files done now so all "windows" for the images are correct like campaign buttons, ia/camp squadron selection maps and intel news blip map, then we can modify the rsc/tga images later to proper color schemes etc which you could consult to Khronik then.

So what is the update on the 128 theater supporting AF art SCF file setup?

Oh and also I think we still are going to use the old campaign map style as there is the excellent KILLBOX grid drawn out. If you can modify the existing colors or replace the killbox, then I'm fine with it.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2007-04-09 20:39:55

Snake Man wrote: So what is the update on the 128 theater supporting AF art SCF file setup?
I've got the cp_sua.scf (for the larger size event map and the smaller size main planning map) done. I've also got the Cs_Map.scf file edited to use the BID_3FLY_DOWN.tga graphic and not have to "paste" in the background of the UI screen to the right and below it in the campaign selection screen. I've also already had the strategy.scf file done for some time to accommodate the larger PAK priorities map. In summary, the UI scf files are pretty close to ready, say 99% ready. Of course, I am speaking from the viewpoint of Allied Force installation only.
Snake Man wrote: Oh and also I think we still are going to use the old campaign map style as there is the excellent KILLBOX grid drawn out. If you can modify the existing colors or replace the killbox, then I'm fine with it.
Can you just email me the ODS CATE output graphic (previously mentioned in another post) that you want to use for the greenish based map? I can put the killbox on that map (I think). I don't have V0.6 ODS installed anywhere. I think I can make it look pretty good.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-09 21:14:03

Are the SCF's and other (text) files just about the same as you sent me before, Iran stuff I believe it was? If so I'll use them, if not, please send me the latest stuff when ever you're ready (ODS v0.7 is not coming out next so we arent "that" hurry).

Oh and yes, we are speaking AF only, check the topic name...

And also I assume the same SCF files work fine on other 128 theaters in AF?

The v0.6 CATE bitmap, download here - 395kb.

PMC since 1984

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2007-04-09 21:19:00

Snake Man wrote: Are the SCF's and other (text) files just about the same as you sent me before, Iran stuff I believe it was? If so I'll use them, if not, please send me the latest stuff when ever you're ready (ODS v0.7 is not coming out next so we arent "that" hurry).
I'll zip up a new file for you since I've done the pak map for Iran in the interval since I last sent you a file plus I've tweaked some of the scf files as well. That way you will have the latest and greatest.
Snake Man wrote:And also I assume the same SCF files work fine on other 128 theaters in AF?
I don't see any reason why the scf files won't work for ALL 128 theaters in AF. I've personally used them with ODS (strategy.scf file only) and Iran. Most current work, however, has been with Iran only.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2007-04-09 23:16:27

Snake Man wrote: The v0.6 CATE bitmap, download here - 395kb.
Quick question SM...

Is the transfer of the killbox for the mission planning map or for the kneemap.gif in sim?

Also, we may want to alter our colors on the CATE output bmp. I'm working up some lighter tone RGB colors because some of the landmass is just too dark IMHO.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-10 00:41:46

Killboxes were for the Campaign map (mission planning), killboxes already exist in the kneemap.

PMC since 1984

Return to “Operation Desert Storm”