Desert installation/uninstallation problem

Operation Desert Storm theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

FlyingV

Desert installation/uninstallation problem

Post by FlyingV » 2002-05-28 01:11:00

I have a big problem...i've uninstalled the old sp3 installer and installed the last.....but when i try ti install the desert storm theatre, it ask me to choose the write spx folder...i've deleted the reg key that i have founded, but the problem persist...how to resolve it??

WinME, pII450, Geforce 2 titanium..

F4UT Betatester

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: Desert installation/uninstallation problem

Post by ccc » 2002-05-28 02:24:00

WA HA HA
Same problem here. you must uninstall previous theaters inadequately!

i also delete some reg, but wont work.
now my game box wont recognize new install like Haiwaii, Balkan, and Europe. the only working theater is ODS.

FlyingV

Post by FlyingV » 2002-05-28 02:30:00

and now?...I MUST Format my PC to reinstall the ODS??

F4UT Betatester

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-05-28 03:01:00

possible :D :D
Im looking for help to dig out those hidden, or residual files that make new install fail to find its path.

FlyingV

Post by FlyingV » 2002-05-28 07:53:00

ok... have finded the solution...
go to the Folder/Option in your WIndows anche check the "view/display hidden files option", now go on your Program FIles folder (X:/Program files) and find the "INstallShield installation information", back up it... now open any subfolder and open any setup.ini files and check the appname. I have deletede the folder that contain a setp.ini the have "default setup" for appname. There are many other setup.ini, for other application and othert bad uninstalled theatre, like the balkan theatre (his setup.ini have "Falcon 4 balkan theater" for appname).

so..do this:

1) delete any reg key files
2) choos the "view/display hidden files in folder otion
3) find the folder "INstallshiel installation information"
4) delete the right folder after have checked the setup.ini appname
5) reinstall the theatre...

good luck and a special thanks to Widomaker :)

F4UT Betatester

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-05-28 12:50:00

YEEEEEEEES! THAX YOU BOTH!

I delete two folders in that Installsheild info folder, Now theaters' back!
I got ODS/Europe/Haiwaii/Korea running, switching flawlessly!! :)

Wonderful! Snake Man, be sure to pick this for trouble-shooting page!!

Guard
Recruit

Post by Guard » 2002-07-21 22:34:00

Did the same misstake :o But, tanks to this forum, I FIXED IT! So, back in buisness :D
Regards, Guard
FreeBirds & 331VFS
------------------
"Once Airborn Always Airborn"

lomax

Post by lomax » 2002-07-30 00:27:00

add: the theaters' uninstall information's application name given in the setup.ini files have names such as "default application" or "your application name". as this could also be the uninstall information of some other program, you cna check the setup.inx file. open it and search for the string "theater" and you will see, if this is the folder to delete.

greets
lomax
greets
lomax

greenmark

Post by greenmark » 2002-08-10 09:06:00

I've been having problems installing ODS but I don't understand how to follow the instructions from this thread.

Maybe I've got the same problem as other people had and I'm just a bit too computer illiterate to work out what to do.

My problem is that each time I run the ODS installer exe, I get to the tanker screen and get a pop up saying "Desert Storm not installed in the default location". When I try to select my SP location, I get returned to desktop.

Now I know I had Desert Storm when I was running eFalcon, so I guess from previous postings that I might have some residual files which are preventing the new Desert Storm exe from discovering where my SP folder is.

If I'm right (and please back me up on this)then I am to follow the instructions in this thread. Problem is I can't understand what to do.

First, I'm meant to delete the reg key files - where do I find these?

Then I'm to go to the Folders/Option of my WIndows anche. It took me a while to work out where my WIndows anche was (I now realise it was what I know as Windows Explorer, and I was looking for View/Folders Option/Advanced.

As far as I can understand from the rest of the instructions, can I confirm that I am meant to delete any folder with a setup.ini application saying "default setup"? - how is this going to affect the running of my other programmes?

Also, am I meant to delete all the other setup.ini files which have any reference to Falcon 4? Does this include the Balkans Theater? How about my newly installed (and working) Vietnam Theater?

:?

Voodoo

Post by Voodoo » 2003-03-20 00:28:00

Thank you! I tried this and finally I can re-install. I dunno if I'll play it but at least I have another theater.
http://www.votenowar.com

Return to “Operation Desert Storm”